on 28 April 2016
This isn't a recipe book - and I wasn't looking for that.
I was expecting a book that drew together key techniques and terminology in a structured an interesting way. Instead, The Elements of Cooking is just a list of terms with occasionally informative descriptions. There isn't enough in here to help develop skills or build knowledge.
Very disappointing.
on 2 March 2013
Best book related to cooking I have read as a reference book. Not a receipe book but more than a manual of cooking terms, methods, tips, tricks etc. I have learnt a lot.
on 27 September 2013
Interesting book not so much a traditional recipe book but more like a cookery dictionary which you dip in and out of rather than read cover to cover
on 28 December 2015
Still reading this, but just what I like, informative and giving a well rounded view too. A good choice for anyone who likes to know not only how but why....