5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!
Published on 1 Feb 2007 by minxymoo

2.0 out of 5 stars Incorrect track, and several missing.
It seems that, due to a production error at Edsel Records, the version of I Won't Say (I'm In Love) on disc 2 is the cast version from Disney's Hercules, and not Belinda's cover.

In addition, there are two single versions of other tracks missing from disc 1, when compared to Amazon's track listing.

I've tried to contact Edsel, but have yet to receive...
Published 20 days ago by bill.boucher

2.0 out of 5 stars Incorrect track, and several missing., 2 Sep 2014
bill.boucher (In hell, seemingly....) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A WOMAN AND A MAN (Audio CD)

I've tried to contact Edsel, but have yet to receive a reply. Let's hope they arrange for a disc replacement scheme in the near future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 1 Feb 2007
minxymoo (Belfast, County Down United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: A Woman & A Man (Audio CD)
I've always liked Belinda Carlisle since being a kid back in 1980's. I loved Heaven is a place on earth and all the late 80's stuff. However despite Belinda still recording she disappeared from my radar for a while, and I'm so happy to rediscover her again. Now that I'm approaching the end of my twenties, this album has a mature sound, warm and soothing. The songs are all very relevant to life, and true Belinda fans will love it start to finish. There are NO throw away tracks on this album, which is rare for any artist. Well done Belinda!! oxoxo

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best !, 21 Nov 2009
Rosendo (Cork, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Woman & A Man (Audio CD)
This album I bought after "Real" and it was mainly because I was so impressed with "Real" and the style she developed later in her career. Its ironic her best work is not known as well as the the albums in her early days in the eighties. This album "A woman & a man" is fom the nineties just like "Real" and I really love it. The first two tracks "In too deep" and "California" set the tone for what is ahead in the album, really great quality music and her voice is truly amazing the different tones and variation she achieves, her band and backing singers are superb also. If you liked "Real" you will more than likely like this album even more so. I can't believe it has taken me this long to discover the truly great talent of Belinda Carlisle, this is what I was missing but thankfully late is better than never. This album is so good you'll probably have to lock it up after the first coulple of listens to stop you playing it too often, this surely has to be the highest compliment I can give it. If you liked her music from the eighties that were big hits and were more of a pop sound, you will like this too but it is a little different, probably the best way I know to describe it, is it has a blend of rock and pop combined together and the lyrics are probably a little deeper in meaning too, I loved it anyway, go on give it a try, I doubt very much you will be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every cloud has a silver lining, 25 May 2012
englishheather (Stevenage, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: A Woman & A Man (Audio CD)
I found this album when searching for 'My Heart Goes Out To You' having listened to it on YouTube. I must tell you that I believe anyone whose heart is heavy with grief would benefit from listening to this beautiful empathetic rendition. I was only going to download the MP3 of that track to give me comfort at low times.

However, after listening to all the track samples I realized that this lady is special. I had to buy the whole album and what an album it is. From start to finish there isn't one song I can be impartial to. Belinda draws you into her emotional world of love, pain and heartache, but also hope. Whatever the tempo, her voice, rising and falling from the sweetest heights to throaty depths, is mesmerizing.

I find it impossible to choose favourites; I love the genuine vibrato and the delicate angelic touch she endows to each. But there will always be a special part of my soul where 'My Heart Goes Out To You' sits.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rare dip in Quality, 22 Sep 2014
This review is from: A WOMAN AND A MAN (Audio CD)
Perhaps one of the weakest collection of songs of the Belinda Carlisle canon. Although strangely it has a couple of her strongest singles 'In Too Deep' & 'Always Breaking My Heart'...The rest of the collection sways wildly from interesting 'California', 'A Woman and a Man' to bland, 'Remember September' to simply awful 'Love Does'nt Live Here'. The re-package with the addittional covers makes it essential to fans - just.

2.0 out of 5 stars It seems that, due to a production error at ..., 3 Sep 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars A tearful rollercoaster of love, 29 Nov 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: A Woman & A Man (Audio CD)
This album shows a sign of maturity for Belinda. With this album she seems to depart from her classic rock athems and moves into singing about painstaking events for all to here and relate to.
My favourite songs are 'In too deep' which reached no.6 in the UK charts, the catchy 'Listen to Love', the heartbreaking 'Love Doesn't Live Here' and the gorgeous 'Kneel At Your Feet'.
I would love to know who chooses the songs for release because they must have it in for her! The last few singles she has released on her last few albums (including the Real album) have shown a poor representation of Belinda's best. It is as if the worst songs were chosen to add to her unfortunate slow decline.
A brilliant album from an outstanding artist.
A vivid imagination, and a emotional heart will transorm you through a wirl wind of emotions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Belinda Carlisle still as good as ever., 23 Nov 2000
This review is from: A Woman & A Man (Audio CD)
This generally another good effort from the well known singer Belinda Carlisle.
For me, it has to be the track taken from the album title. An upbeat song with a sad story behind it. The track Love Doesn't Live Here is absolutley fantastic, as well as In Too Deep.
This album is once again class from a very classy solo singer, who nowadays in my opinion doesn't seem to get the credit she deserves.
If you're a Belinda Carlisle fan, you'll love it. If you're not, but you've enjoyed some of her other stuff, then you must give this album a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars new and different but still Belinda, 3 July 2000
M. Kuryliw "Orson" (England yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Woman & A Man (Audio CD)
This album is new and different for her. its not as bold and brass as her old albums but smooth and relaxed which she has her own style come through. This album she also works with the likes of per gessle half of super group 'Roxette' on two tracks (hit single always breaking my heart) my best tracks from this album has to 'Remember September and 'in too Deep'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb pop album, 31 Mar 2012
This review is from: A Woman & A Man (Audio CD)
This is a superb, perfect and well-balanced adult pop album! My first Belinda Carlisle album. And my favourite so far. This CD is mature, probably more convincing than Real (which anyway is a very good album), and delicious. None of the tracks disappoints. A mixture of heartfelt ballads (Remember September, A Woman and a Man), uptempo tracks in the likes of her 80's stuff (Always Breaking My Heart), sexy, breathy pieces (Love in the Key of C) and joyfull potential hits (California, In Too Deep)...

My favourtie tracks include California, where darker lyrics are wonderfully conveyed by Belinda's mature rendition. The title track might be the most exciting song here. It is powerful and sad. It is very convincing as Belinda's wonderful passionate voice perfectly conveys the meaning of the lyrics. Love Doesn't Live Here Anymore is a sweet pop anthem with a melody that worms its way into your brain and does not let go. The sorrowfull Remember September is the darkest, most emotional piece here. More optimistic tracks are In Too Deep and Listen to Love - typical stuff for gentle pop lovers. He Goes On is very melodic, rocking, but also a bit in a country style. Love in the Key of C, as I mentioned, has sexy breathy vocals, and a powerful driving melody. You just can't love this song. The album ends with a delicate, almost Enya-like ballad for a deceased friend (?), My Heart Goes out to You. It's just as beautiful as it is simple and meaningful.

Ms Carlisle's vocal mastery shines out particularly fine here. All the songs are laden with her sweet, strong, powerful voice. So she is not just a beautiful blue-eyed woman (see the inlay photos), but also an accomplished and mature singer. She knows what she's singing about and she is not faking it. Bravo!!!

A WOMAN AND A MAN
A WOMAN AND A MAN by Belinda Carlisle (Audio CD - 2014)
Click for more info