5.0 out of 5 stars Best action camera?
When I was looking for an action camera,I was looking at the more obvious contenders. A friend mentioned this product to me and I started looking at it. After a bit of research, I decided to buy it. The first thing to note is that it comes with a large selection of mounts and straps, even a spare door and seal for the waterproof case! Usually these things are extra...
Published 5 months ago by MadRab

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok camera - horrible brackets that slip
This product is ok, but the brackets are useless, i bought one for a biking trip and i tightened the brackets to the point of nearly breaking them and the camera still slipped and ended up facing down every 2 minutes.
The quality is good, the camera does feel a bit cheap but it works ok, i suppose you could fix all the brackets but either etching a few notches to...
Published 2 months ago by Planty

5.0 out of 5 stars Best action camera?, 12 May 2014
NOTE. About the only thing not in the box is a micro SD card, so I would recommend getting one of these at the same time. It will take up to a 32gb SDHC card.
After charging the camera, I fired it to the handlebar of my mountain bike and cycled around for a bit. The picture quality is excellent and the stability also very good. I then attached the camera to my cycle helmet and went out on the road. The image stability is better, as your body is damping vibration.
The camera cuts the video into 3 minute segments with a slight overlap (don't know if you can alter this) so you can stitch them together with software. The 'manual' is very basic, but the setup menus are fairly simple to understand.
All in all, this is a brilliant product, and bearing in mind that it's less than a third of the price of its main competitor, you just can't beat it.

5.0 out of 5 stars SJ4000, 26 May 2014
C. S. Kay (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
I’ve bought in car cameras before and they have been lacking in every way but I can highly recommend the SJ4000 as it work very well and picture quality is really HD and not like a lot of others who claim to be so.

If anyone wants’ the in’s and out’s of these type of action cameras I recommend doing a Google for ‘Techmoan’ where you will find a good honest review of this and many other worthy cameras.

I’m using this camera, not as an action camera but as a in car camera so I have not used the waterproof accessories that come with the 4000 but there are many different mounting arrangements for this camera in the pack I’m sure they will suit most users.
Some say that the lens on this camera has too wide a field of view but for me it’s perfect for catching everything that can be seen out of the widescreen and even though the wide angle produces a slight fish eye view the video is pin sharp right to the edges and just as demo I can read the reg of cars parked on driveways that are almost right angle to the road I’m driving on although of course this is not my purpose for the camera as my main protection for this is recording activity in front of my car.

For use in the car the camera has auto start and stop so when I start the engine of the car the camera start recording and I have it set to record in 10 minute over lapping video files so when the key is removed from the ignition the camera will go on recording for up to 10 minute or whatever is left of its 10 minute cycle. The 10 minutes is adjustable downward to make shorter bites but the video on say a one hour journey are all seamlessly joined together and the ideal of breaking up the video recording length into shorter pieces is, I assume, to make the file sizes more manageable should you need to send a file to your insurance company. I use 32GB miniSD card with mine that can hold about 4 hours at top quality recording and with the camera in car mode when the card is full it just rewrites over the card from the beginning again so once setup you can just leave it until one day when you may require video evidence of an occurrence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good compatibility with Go-Pro accessories., 18 Sep 2014
J. Kirby (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I have a couple of these cheaper sports cameras but this is the best one I have had so far which is mainly down to the housing. The SJ4000 has the advantage of fitting into a waterproof casing (and it is waterproof to 2 meters at least) which has the same accessory mount as the Go-Pro cameras. I have never had a Go-Pro (just too expensive for my needs) but compatibility with all the accessories means that you can get the mounts for monopod sticks, bikes, helmets etc and so far, nothing in the original set has broken, unlike some of the SJ1000 type.
The picture quality is good (although like all sports cams, don't expect camcorder stability, sports cam footage is jerky!) and while the battery life is OK, it's not great at about 20-30 mins per battery. I have now got 4 and tend to use all of them on a day out at the beach.
The SJ4000 is simple to use once you have scanned the instruction manual and for about £75.00, its worth having in your bag for beach holidays.

5.0 out of 5 stars A FANTASTIC CAMERA FOR ADVENTURE SPORTS PERFECT A++++, 1 Sep 2014
A FANTASTIC CAMERA BEEN USED FOR MOUNTAIN BIKING AND PAINT BALLING WORKS PERFECT A+++ GREAT RESULTS AS GOOD AS IF NOT BETTER THAN OTHER ONES COSTING 3 TIMES MORE !!!A MUST BUY FOR THE MONEY ..HAS ANTI SHAKE FEATURES SUPER WIDE VIEW GREAT FOR ALL SPORTS CAPTURED IN FULL HD ...COMES WITH A GREAT SELECTION OF MOUNTS AND STRAPS TO SUIT BIKE ,HELMET , TRIPOD ,WRIST AND MANY OTHER MOUNTING OPTIONS WORTH EVERY PENNY

4.0 out of 5 stars SJ4000 HD Action Camera Review & unboxing, 3 Oct 2014
Length:: 7:17 Mins

Today in this video I will be unboxing and reviewing the SJ4000 action camera this is a budget action camera and its great because its half the price of a gopro and shoots video just as good or in some cases even better I think this action camera is well worth the money and would tell anybody looking to buy one to take a look at the SJ4000 and save your self some money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome bit of kit!, 25 Aug 2014
This is an amazing camera for the money. The Quality is amazing, and it has extra features that a GoPro doesn't have, such as the screen on the back, etc. I use this for family days out, as well as sports, and it's perfect for both.

It comes with loads of mounts, such as a belt clip, handlebar mount, waterproof case etc, and any GoPro mount will fit this too (I have a head strap and an extendable handle for example).

Can't recommend it enough - I have no idea why someone would choose to purchase a GoPro, when this is a quarter of the price and exactly the same! I was expecting perhaps poor quality picture or poor workmanship etc, but not at all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Aug 2014
The video quality from this camera is superb. The colours are great - it works brilliantly underwater too as it comes with load of accessories. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget. GoPro, 16 July 2014
Forget go pro.......
This little guy has all the features for less dollar.
You will kick your self if you don't purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good alternative to Go Pro, 22 July 2014
Good alternative to Go Pro. Still not 100% sure of all the attachments but have been using a small joby gorrilapod for driving shots wrapping it around the rear view mirror

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing deal!!!, 26 Oct 2014
I paid for the express delivery and was more than happy with the service. The product itself, well it came with 50% battery life so I only had to insert sd card, then record which I did. The video quality on the screen of the camera alone is good. The first time I used the camera I stuck it to my longboard and chased my dog, the video quality is absolutely amazing. I then took the qumox cliff jumping and into the ocean, even underwater it performs with crystal clear quality. There are plenty of accessories included with the camera,but they aren't that good, This camera is well worth the money and I have recommended it to many of my friends which agree with me