VINE VOICEon 18 November 2010
This is the full recording of what was a superb concert including guest appearances from Eric Clapton and Paul Jones. I have to say Joe Bonamassa did sound a little nervous talking to the audience but frankly the playing of him and the beefed up band (two drummers and forn section) was just superb
Highlights ? well Sloe Gin , Last Kiss , Ballad of John Henry, Better Times, Moutain Time - actually pretty much all of it, but if you want to hear what the fuss is about then this CD is a great place to start.
His guitar playing is a pleasure to listen to and this works as a record of the then pinnacle of his career.
(It was available on downloard for about three weeks last year so thats how I know what it sounds like ..
on 23 January 2011
Excellent companion piece to "live from nowhere in particular". Band is smokin' and Joe is on fire. Great mix of originals and covers. The blues are in safe hands, and Joe is definitely the best of the bunch of hot young things. He has absorbed and moulded all that has gone before into something very special. Here's to the next 20 years.
on 7 March 2011
I have just discovered Joe, mainly by listening to Planet Rock. I thought the day of the guitar hero had long since passed in the realms of the distant folklore . However, Joe has given the virtuoso player fresh new life and this live double CD allows the first time listener to become aquainted with this supreme but underated talent.
on 12 July 2011
I first came accross this guy on Planet Rock radio. I went to youtube to hear more then, I bought this album.
Outstanding is somehow, a real understatement to describe this talent and the album he has produced, but any word would be. Having played guitar since the age of sven and performing live at 13 yrs. old, you can begin to understand what a master he is. There is nothing that I dislike on this album, the atmosphere must have been incredible at the venue.
The favourite track for me is Sloe Gin, but there are some others that come close.
Joe Bonamassa has a style and sound all of his own, even when he does a cover. This kind of talent only goes to show the manufactured so-called talent from the TV reality shows for what it is.
on 6 December 2010
Well what can you say about this guy' I have all of Joe's albums and this one is awesome.I first saw Joe live in Birkenhead about three years ago and his guitar playing made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.I love the brass section on this recording, and the live version of slow gin on this set is simply brilliant. I cannot wait for the blue ray dvd to arrive so I can see it and enjoy a true great guitar player . keep on playing the blues Joe' a breath of fresh air.
on 21 November 2010
Ibecame aware of Joe Bonamassa by word of mouth and bought one of his cds Inow have them all.Live at the albert hall is the latest release.Iwas moved by the wonderful music contained on this double cd.Icould go on and on about how good this guitarist really is his vocals have it all. Sheer class is about the best way to sum it up. There is a dvd available of this gig and takes pride of place amongst my Magic SLIM albums .If you like amazing blues with a dose of rock thrown in for good measure. Do your self a favour go out and buy this
on 17 March 2011
I am new to joe`s work but not for much longer!!This is a staggering performance containing some blues/rock music of the highest order.You must get this album.What a modest performer who clearly likes to share his music with anyone who appreciates his "sound".
on 29 March 2011
I first came across JB at a gig at the Hawth, a small theatre in Crawley, back in 2008. The next tour was on a rather larger scale, and included this gig (which I didn't get to), and last year I saw him again at the Hammersmith Apollo. In between times I have collected all his official releases and quite a few bootlegs.

The thing about Joe is not just that he is a stunning guitar technician - there are lots of those, especially in the metal genre (IMHO): his focus on a blues-derived form of music means that he has retained a lot of soul, feel, call it what you like, but an emotional connection to the music which reaches out to the listener. And moreover, this guy is a reconnection to the fretwork of the bands I grew up with: his influences are not just the blues originals, but actually primarily the 60s British Blues Boomers, as you can tell from his set list over the years: this Albert Hall set comprises mostly originals or covers of fairly recent stuff, but mainstays of his earlier live gigs have included tunes from Jeff Beck (Blues De Luxe), Free (Walk In My Shadow), Mayall (Another Kinda Love), Tull (A New Day Yesterday - sometimes segueing into Yes's Starship Tooper and Würm), TYA (One Of These Days), Blind Faith (Had To Cry Today), Rory Gallgher (Cradle Rock), Hendrix (Are You Experienced, Spanish Castle Magic, If 6 Was 9), and Z Z Top (Just Got Paid the perennial finish, with added Dazed & Confused as a middle segment). He really really knows his 60s stuff - you often get a few bars from something else - Kashmir, say, or I Want You (She's So Heavy) - in the middle of his extended solos. Oh, and he's pretty damn good on acoustic, too... and if you really must have shredding, shrieking, and gibberish lyrics you could try his side-project Black Country Communion: some great guitar work, but not as much fun for me, I must say.

Anyway... to the Albert Hall... The sheer range of the playing is outstanding: from the amped-up acoustic thrash of Woke Up Dreaming through the straight soulful "traditional" blues of So Many Roads, Further On Up The Road (showing chops easily on a par with guest Eric Clapton) and Your Funeral My Trial (featuring long-time supporter Paul Jones), through the tribute to the 60s/70s (Blues De Luxe, Just Got Paid) and his own modern blues (The Great Flood, Ballad Of John Henry) and on to more straightforward rock like Happier Times, Sloe Gin, Story Of A Quarryman)... An inexhaustible supply of licks and runs, and some damn good tunes, soulful vocals, a stunning performance.

If you like guitar, get this. For someone like me, coming from that 60s time, Joe Bonamassa is the best thing I've seen or heard for 20 years.
on 8 June 2011
This was my first Joe Bonamassa CD and there are some fantastic songs on the two CD's.

I listened to most of his other studio CD's on Spotify and for me anyway, the best of the rest was Blues Deluxe which I've also now purchased.

Why? I agree with another customer who expressed the view that his other studio albums are a bit too smooth and lack the vitality of either Blues Deluxe or Live at the Royal Albert Hall.

Love his music and I'm looking forward to going to his show at Hammersmith Apollo in October this year!

By all accounts his live shows are wonderful, can't wait
on 14 June 2011
Actually the CD was a gift to a friend. However, I have seen the DVD of same and it is amazing. Fantastic music fantastic musician. Did a down load of the music to my mp3 - listen while enroute to work. Gets me mentally prepared.