5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, great value multi purpose tablet PC
Published 2 months ago by Mrs. B. Mcmurray

3.0 out of 5 stars Nearly there
Published 1 month ago by RT

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, great value multi purpose tablet PC, 12 Sep 2014
Mrs. B. Mcmurray (London) - See all my reviews
I am truly delighted with the Switch, I wanted something smaller than a laptop, and had looked at a well known competitors products, but found them rather expensive with the storage space I wanted. The Acer is by no means second best, in fact the more I use it, the more I like it!. I have just returned from a trip to Canada and took it with me, it is great for watching movies from my sky go desktop downloads, and tv shows from BBC i player. I also love the kindle app, as I have a kindle fire and was able to share my books between these devices. It is easy to set up - just switch it on and go - and I like the choice of keyboard or tablet, depending on what I am doing. I am just on the lookout for a cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I made the switch!, 17 July 2014
I. A. Hunter (UK) - See all my reviews
Really pleased with purchase for my daughter. Great out of box experience, easy to set up and simple to use, pretty responsive and looks great. The Tablet to "Laptop" conversion is really cool. Good device for family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent laptop/tablet combo!, 20 Aug 2014
Excellent item. Does everything a mid range laptop can do and also doubles as a powerful tablet. Awesome screen, Windows Office included.......Superb value!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my new tablet laptop, 17 July 2014
This review is from: Acer Aspire Switch 10 SW5-011 10.1-inch Convertible Tablet PC with Keyboard (Atom Z3740 1.33GHz, 2GB RAM, 64GB Memory, eMMC, WLAN, BT Webcam, Windows 8.1, Microsoft Office Included) (Personal Computers)
Love my new tablet laptop! Have mostly been using it as a tablet, but the attachable magnetic keyboard is really cool. Just getting my head around Windows 8, but so far so good! The different setup modes are great for movies and TV throughout the house.

4.0 out of 5 stars The detachable screen is great and the display is very good, 27 Sep 2014
I wanted a 10" Windows tablet and this versatile machine seemed to fit the bill. The detachable screen is great and the display is very good. I particularly like the display mode which fits on my lap beautifully as well as on the table. This make it a pleasure to use and the the touch screen is responsive and quick. The magnetic snap function between screen and keyboard works really well after you get used to it, much better that a mechanical latch as far as I'm concerned.

The keyboard is fine with a pleasant feel for typing although a little out of balance if the screen is tipped back too far. But I have not really found this a problem in the way that that I use the machine.

Being completely unfamiliar with Windows 8 I inadvertently downloaded some malware and had the devil's own job of getting rid of it. However Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner seem to have done the trick eventually. Will be more careful next time!

So a very versatile laptop/tablet, with a good price for the 64G model, especially when the Microsoft Office Suite thrown in as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 20 Oct 2014
Having used windows 8 on my brothers high end/high spec brand new Lenovo laptop I must admit I didn't think much of it. But having bought this Acer tablet pc I can now honestly say I love it and understand what Microsoft were trying to do.
For me Windows 8 works seamlessly with a machine like this whether budget or high end. Now whenever I use a normal laptop I find myself automatically reaching for the screen to scroll down or tiles to press.

The machine itself is of good build quality and mine came in a dull silver/grey colour. The magnetic attachment between tablet and keyboard again works seamlessly and has a quality feel to it also.

So far I've used the switch 10 for music, movies, browsing and the odd document. For all these tasks it performs perfectly well and without over heating.

The screen although not the best, for a budget tablet pc is very good. Charging seems to be relatively quick and lasts about six hours with a couple of movies and consistent browsing.

Initial setup/start up was easy and no problems were encountered. Both the Windows 8.1 and Microsoft office suite was a pleasant bonus as well as the fifty pound discount that was applied by Amazon.

The only bad points I can think of would be when attached to the keyboard the tablet is a bit heavier so the Acer becomes top heavy and has a tendency to roll back if not on a flat surface. Also on mine I seem to have a problem when typing the first letter on the first word, Its basically like its playing catch up so misses out the first letter, but other then this it is a great little machine and Acer have done well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great machine, 13 Oct 2014
For the money it's a great deal. Lightweight, easy to set up and use. It is important to be gentle when attaching the touch screen to the key board because you can not bend the top over the bottom without breaking the points so I would not give it to a student However for under £300 i think it is brilliant and I am delighted it with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Oct 2014
Love it! Excellent little machine. Now use it instead of my laptop.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nearly there, 21 Oct 2014
started having keyboard issues - keyboard is acting up. It doubles the letters, it freezes and am forced too use the onscreen touch keyboard and you cannot see what you are typing. Memory issues come up, if there are about 12-13 sites open and also have other applications open (MS Paint) at the same time. Thrice the machine refused to start and had to long press the power button.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's very sturdy made to be honest, 29 Oct 2014
Bought this for my girlfriend when her old laptop died. There are some downsides to the product but you basically get what you pay for. It's very sturdy made to be honest. The mousepad isn't all that good in my opinion, the clicks are very bad and when pressing, you might move the pointer since the "buttons" are just 2 small areas on the bottom of the pad. The cord is pretty short, but the battery life is long enough to not really need it during use if you load it during the nights. For some reason the battery usage is extremely high in sleep mode, you leave it sleeping for 9 hours while you work and you'll come back to an empty battery.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›