Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 July 2014
Great Mixes! I am quite surprised to read the other reviews which seems quite negative! the 3 cds are not the most uptempo mixes i heard from Digweed but all tracks are very good and the general mood is quite deep/dark this time. It's a little bit different than the others from the serie but its certainly not a boring and dull one. It's just a different mood and after 5 listens don't get enough of it. I really recommend it!
on 12 June 2014
So, having listened to this twice I have to give this an honest appraisal.

I have followed Digweed since 1994 and own virtually everything he has released. I also follow the Transitions show,(used to be Kiss 100).

Out of all his releases I have to say this is probably his weakest.

For me the set never really gets goes, it seems to amble, bump and swirl around. For sure the mixing is seamless, the sequencing is impecible. I like the crowd noise in the mixes, it gives it a live feel without being intrusive.

The first CD clearly is the beginning of the set as he warms the crowd up. For me probably the strongest mix. The second he ramps it up without really getting out the blocks. There are a few highs, but most of the tracks never really get going.

The set itself plods along at times, and appears more of a stroll around minimalist house and progressive house without any real stand out tracks.

Even by CD3 there are no real genuine highs. It all just appears bland a much the same throughout.

I appreciate that there is an artists subtlety in the mix. It is purest in nature.

In summary though it feels like a bunch of average tracks mixed together by an expert. None of the tracks on the CD albeit a couple would genuinely stand out or be worthy of repeat listen.

This CD will stand in my collection as one I will probably never listen to again. Deffinately the weakest of the series.
on 4 July 2014
good album, mr digweed really does know how to please the progressive trance dance followers with this mix... top trumps..
on 17 August 2014
have been playing this in the car all summer ... great stuff recommended
on 5 June 2014
This is a great 3 disk set from Diggers. I would name the three disks as Groovy, Dancey, and Pumped. So a lot of variety Liked all three very much indeedy. Never fails to come up with the goods this lad !
on 4 July 2014
Amazing as always..
on 18 June 2014
Without doubt one of John Digweeds finest mixes. All three CDS have something different and show how he built up his set
on 21 June 2014
Only 1 Star I'm Afraid - Digweed is one of my favourite DJ's over the past 25 years & his trademark seamless mixing is evident throughout. However, there are only a handful of tracks that are worth replaying from what I found to be very monotonous mixes.
on 6 February 2015
BEING HONEST IF DIGGERS PLAYED THIS IN A CLUB ID BE DISAPOINTED REGARDS TO THE TEMPO AND LACK OF DRIVING UP THE GEARS . IVE EXPEIRIENCED MANY A WILD NIGHT IN THE HANDS OF JOHN AROUND THE GLOBE. I UNDERSTAND HE IS SENDING A MESSAGE A JOURNEY THAT I FULLY UNDERSTAND PERFECTLY WELL FOR A CD BUT LACKING THE PEAK TIME GRITT REQUIRED THAT WE AS LISTNERS THRIVE ON. REMINDS ME A BIT OF JIMMY VAN MAMMAL BALANCE TAKES 2 DISKS TO WARM UP DESTROYING 3RD BUT NEVER ENGAGES TOP GEAR. YOU WANT A SET YOU PLAY FROM START TO FINISH NOT FROM DISK 3 WAITING ON SASHA TO LIVEING THINGS UP. SORRY DIGGERS BUT IF I WAS IN MIAMI ID RATHER WATCH MIAMI VICE. BIG JOCK DUNGWEED
on 25 June 2014
On paper, Digweed in Miami sounds an exciting proposition. However, the black and grey artwork cover of this mix gives some clues to the reality: dull, boring and doesn't go anywhere. When you buy a Digweed CD you are buying a certain sound of intelligent, musical and energetic music that takes you somewhere. This is just dull. I'm surprised that whoever looks after the Digweed brand approved to release this. It's not what fans want and if I wanted to hear this plodding house sound I'd go for a different artist who does it better. This certainly is the poorest of the 'Live' set of mixes in my opinion. If you're new to the series, Argentina and London are superb. Slovenia is good too.