5.0 out of 5 stars Giggle-tastic
great book - we all really look forward to my 6 year old's bed time as it has us all in giggles - language is just right - not too simple but still easily understood and my 6yo can read it himself if he puts his mind to it. I caught him reading some to his friend on a play date which must be a great reccommendation.
Published on 25 Oct 2010 by DU70

1.0 out of 5 stars you can not read it on kindle
I have bought the book for my son, he was disappointed because the pages did not fit to kindle and he could not read it, the text was cut from right side and I could fix the problem. I have to buy another book and that one was working in my kindle fine.
Published 4 months ago by kasia

5.0 out of 5 stars Giggle-tastic, 25 Oct 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars How to cheat a Dragon's Curse, 16 Oct 2010
A Kid's Review
This book is REALLY funny, I liked the bit where Snotlout told Hiccup the snow will turn as blue as Gobber the Belch's nose before you become chief, and it really did come true!!! Leon, age 6

5.0 out of 5 stars Great concept; great service, 25 Oct 2009
My sons first books he's chosen himself to read alone!! Saved a fortune buying them from seller. Tone is pitched perfectly at boys 8-12. Better than Potter for boys

5.0 out of 5 stars The best thing since 'fish legs', 28 Dec 2007
David Tennant is a truly wonderful narrator. He brings the characters to life, unfortunately now my son wants me to read the books aloud and I can't compete (could David pop round to my place at about 8.00pm?!). All the Hiccup books are wonderful for children, boys especially, full of all the gross humour they love. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars David Tennant is Brilliant at Bringing Alive Cressida Cowell's Fabulous Story, 21 May 2014
Glenn Cook (South Cave, near Hull UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
NOTE THIS IS A REVIEW FOR THE AUDIO VERSION READ BY DAVID TENNANT.

I love audio books and as an educator have always taken an interest in children's books.
The reason?
To see if I think they are worth reading, are at the right reading level, to see if they will grab the attention and... a confession to enjoy reading or in this case listening to them.

I can honestly say this audio version read by David Tennant exceeds expectation on all four counts.

And if you include the extra proviso for an audio book.
Which should be is the reader any good at reading the book?

then make that five.
Make no mistake this is five star book.
Inventive, funny, amusing, and the vocalization by the angelic Tennant is wonderful.
He is up there with Kenneth Williams and Stephen Fry and that is some compliment.
When Tennant reads Cowell's wonderful tales you are convinced that all the characters are there.

How the heck I have missed this excellent series for so long is beyond me.
This is my first book but it will not be my last.
100 per cent recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars you can not read it on kindle, 7 May 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible on iPad, 5 May 2014
Lewis (Baldock, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Looks terrible.

Does not display properly on a new iPad.

I cannot really add much more other than to say what is the point of a book that is of such poor quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant Hiccup story with a surprise at the end., 27 Aug 2012
Andrew Dalby "ardalby" (oxford) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This time it is the deep winter on Berk and the Hooligans are getting into trouble with their neighbours the hysterics. So when Fishlegs starts behaving very strangely with newly found berserker tendencies it looks like a case of vorpentitus. The only problem is the cure is the "vegetable that must not be named" and the only one of those is in the hands of the Hysterics.

So Hiccup and Camicazi must set off on a quest to steal the potato ...

Filled with the usual mad characters and introducing the loveable Norbert the Nutjob this is another triumph of story telling and a book children of all ages will enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great addition to Hiccup saga, 13 Sep 2010
My 7 year old boy absolutely loves this fantastic series of books. Having been given the first in the series for his birthday last Christmas, he was hooked and begs for the next in the series to be bought.
"An exciting adventure with dragons and monsterous monsters".

5.0 out of 5 stars action adventure thriller, 17 Aug 2010
A Kid's Review
this series has to be one of the best series of action adventure books ever. This fantasy thriller is an action packed story about a boy and his friend trying to save his other friend