Style Name: Printer bundle with 20 shots|Change
Price:£144.40+ Free shipping

on 5 December 2014
I was very excited about getting this printer, as I have been a long-time Instax user and fan. The pros to the printer are as follows:
- Small and very portable
- Easy to connect. So far I've tried it with an iPhone and iPad and it worked perfectly.
- Quick to print
- Can attached a 5v adaptor to save on battery costs
- Takes CV2 batteries, that can be purchased cheaply in bulk

The disadvantages for me are the picture quality. I was expecting it to be the same as my Instax camera. I appreciate that iPhone cameras are not great, so wasn't necessarily expecting the same quality pic, but there really is significant degradation between the quality of the iPhone pic and the print - and I don't mean that "instax" quality that we want and expect. The quality lost takes it below what I would expect if the Instax camera had taken it. I tried it with pics taken with an SLR too and its the same problem.

That said, it is still great to be able to print my smartphone pics. I am sure it will be wonderful also not to lost those photo opportunities, which can so easily happen with the Instax. Also, I don't expect to get any more photo wastage. I will use this loads, but expect to keep my Instax to maintain that fun of not knowing how the picture will turn out, but also for its low light and relative sharpness compared to the smartphone to printer pics.

So still giving it 4 stars as what can I say. It isn't an Instax camera, its a printer. This isn't a replacement for an instax camera (I kind of thought it wold be), but is great for printing moments caught on digital.
on 1 May 2015
Ok, slight false advertising on he manufacturers side. The product never gives full colour images like what is printed on the products packaging box or what is shown on the image on Amazon etc.

So if people buy this product expecting that, you will be very disappointed. But if you are aware that instant photos get produced in a certain way, just like when an instant camera pops out a photo.

Fab little gadget.

See photo for what you would get from images taken with a very decent point and shoot / wannabe SLR camera.
review image
on 5 May 2015
I saw reviews and videos, and everywhere else, looks like the pictures you print are almost the same quality and definition as the screen of your phone, however, they come out a little bit unfocus, I was kind of disappointed.
on 9 September 2014
It's that good! :P

It does exactly what you'd expect. The printer is a light, small (not pocketable but definitely baggable) device that's worked as a treat for me. The printer comes with the batteries and 20 shots, which will be used up very quickly the moment you take it out during any sort of social gathering, or even just on the street (literally, despite being in Cambridge, I had become to local attraction to the tourist touters). What astounded me was that the first time I tried to go for street photos, I didn't need to awkwardly write down people's emails to send them the prints later, I could just print one on the spot and they'd have something physical and substantial as opposed to an ethereal digital file which they'll probably never use again.

What's nice is that it actually prints on film by exposing the instant film to a bunch of LEDs inside the printer (so I read somewhere), meaning what you get is a nice piece of film and it feels great in your hand. The printer takes around 7 seconds to boot up, but the time from pressing print to getting the print out only takes 5 seconds or so.

Nonetheless, if you're planning to use the printer for detailed documentation purposes in a photo book, then you'd be in for a bad time. The prints are small - only the size of a bank card; the colours are fleshed out but aren't "print quality"; and the film is expensive.

What the printer is, in fact, intended for is to produce prints for other people, or to print out pieces of great memories to be stored in a nice little wooden box. The prints are small - only the size of a bank card, which means anyone can just put it in their wallet or purse; the colours are fleshed out but aren't "print quality", and who cares? Your friends would care more about what's in the photo as opposed to what the black gradients are like on the print; and the film is expensive, but you can always select the best photos to print - you do kinda have to put up with that.

All in all, it's basically perfect for its purpose, something fun for gatherings and people all around. It's a must have for street photography, it's a bridge for you to connect with subjects. It's also a must have if you want to be the hipster in a party and give something meaningful to your friends.

As a side note, do be aware that when you're using the printer with the Fuji cameras directly, the printer will automatically center crop the photos to 4:3. So if you've got a photo with someone's face on the edge, it's better transfer it onto your phone and print from there, where you can select the crop.
on 15 February 2016
I loved it so far, it prints fast, nice image quality and colours (for the kind of development) and it's very small and portable.

I recommend getting the A/C power supply adapter to save on batteries!

The only problem I see is to have to connect to it every time you need to print something, I mean, it could connect to my wifi, instead I need to disconnect from my wifi, connect to the gadget and print. It's kind of annoying process.
on 17 January 2016
Very easy to set up...it's great for kids to have instant photos...probably a little over priced...!
on 12 December 2014
Great idea and great product easy to use only downfall the photos could do with being bigger
on 19 May 2014
This is a wonderful device, but you have to appreciate it for its unique merits – this is not an ultra hi-resolution printer, and the prints are only the size of a business card; but they're genuine instant photographs, developing over the course of a minute or so in front of your eyes.

The device itself is of moderate size, think of it like a chubby portable CD player – it's pocketable in a roomy jacket, will happily live in a bag. It's pretty solid, equivalent to one of the regular Instax cameras; I'm happy to stuff it in my camera bag along with my other gear.

Loading it is a doddle, and it runs off a couple of CR2 batteries that come with it – they're good for 100 prints apparently, I plan to buy a second set and stash them in my bag ahead of time. Film comes in packs of 10 prints, a dab of the power button shows you how many are left in the device.

Using it is relatively simple: your phone or tablet connects to it over wifi, the device broadcasts an SSID and you join with it like you would any wireless hotspot – the app to control it is free from the App Store and has a simple interface that gets the job done.

Printing takes about 15 seconds, I've been sending over 4-5mb files previously transferred to my iPad from my camera – the print itself then develops over the next minute or so.

The image quality is great for what it is: I've printed some colour and B&W shots and both are more than acceptable for an instant photo.

So look, it really won't rival anything you can get from a supermarket instant print service in colour or sharpness and if you go in with that expectation you'll likely be disappointed – if you want that level of quality in a portable device, a Canon Selphy is probably the only device for you.

But if you want charm, if you want a little theatre and immediacy in your photography that creates endearingly real photos you can hand around in the moment, there's nothing like it.
on 9 June 2015
I take one of these printers to weddings and present the bride and groom with a few prints from their wedding day and they love them. It does print a little too bright but thats easy to fix by making the picture a little darker either in camera of on a tablet before sending to print.
on 1 October 2015
Great little quirky printer. Not cheap to print with the average cost of one print being approx 85p taking into consideration the film cartridges are approx £8.50 each for 10 prints.
Lovely wallet sized pictures though in a matter of seconds. We are very pleased with.