Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.82

on 14 April 2015
Holliday runs into a hot guy while at a conference in Vegas and they bump uglies. A few false starts later and she discovers to her astonishment that her Jack Dalton is actually Johnny Outlaw, lead singer with mega famous rock band, The Resistance.

Usually I love stories like this, but while it had some sweet moments, it wasn't all I was hoping for. The banter didn't work for me, some of it felt stilted, like they were quoting greeting cards or reinacting a scene from a made for tv film. It made getting through this heavy going at times and prevented me from engaging with this couple or feeling their chemistry or buying into their insta love. It's not to say it was all bad because the smut was good and the impact of Dalton' s fame on their relationship came across very well, but I wasn't feeling this one I'm afraid.
on 16 May 2014
FOUR STARS

Reviewed by Sharon Thérèse Nuttall for Kindle Friends Forever

As it’s not possible to rate three and a half stars on Goodreads and Amazon, I have awarded Johnny Outlaw; real name, Jack Dalton and Holliday Hughes’ hot steamy love story four stars.

Jack Dalton and Holliday’s story starts off a little slow. It picks up when they cross paths in a hotel in Las Vegas where Holli is reluctantly taking part in a business conference. Her love life is in the doldrums and he’s a frigging flirt with a skirt. However, as soon as they set eyes on each other, magnetism palpitates and innuendos flow. Could either of them envisage the outcome of their scorching night together? Well, you will see what happens when you read their story with all its ups and downs, but lacking in twists and turns for my liking.

This book isn't erotica. It’s sexy and believe me when I say that they’re at it in nearly every paragraph! If the storyline had had more backbone, something more to grab at, it would have been absolutely brilliant! I couldn't possibly fault the banter between this horrendously sexy rock star and this up and coming independent woman. There is no doubt that you’ll laugh out aloud? One would expect their lifestyles and personalities to clash but the author has made these two diverse characters work to a tee. I loved Tracy too! Hollie’s best friend and secretary plays an important part and Danny! Ooohh Dani! Why Hollie’s hunk of a neighbour was left on the sidelines is a real shame!

I assumed that this novel was about the title. “The Resistance.” I got the impression that the author had tried to involve the rock band in this light-hearted read, but somehow it just didn't seem to work for me. The impeccable grammar cannot be disputed and I am really looking forward to reading more from Ms Scott who has undisputed talent.
on 19 April 2016
I really enjoyed this story. It is more than your typical rock star romance. It captures the awkwardness of the start of the relationship and the highs and the lows. Holiday is a strong female character and didn't just let Dalton walk all over her. I'm not sure about reading the follow up but I would recommend reading this book.
on 30 April 2014
Picked up this book because I just loved the chunky guy on the cover and thought I would give it a try thinking it would be another bad boy tamed by the girl. Ooooh what a shock I was in for as the story had me completely hooked with its depth, humour and characters. Dalton is a yummy world famous rock star and meets Holliday who is at the hotel for a conference when she goes to the bar for a quiet drink away from the busy conference. Dalton is there and pretends to be part of hotel security and asks to see her I.D. which gets up her nose, and when a drunk hits on her Dalton steps in and they get talking, and end up in Daltons room with Holliday having no clue he's famous. They spend the night together with him flying off in the morning. Dalton carries a lot of baggage and has a dark side with a fiery temper and my heart went out to him and my knees went weak as he's such a sweetheart. Holliday has a great nature with a lot of strength and a good attitude. I loved the way they stumbled through their relationship trying not to get too heavy but really wanting to. I couldn't wait to find out how it ends but didn't want it to end, if that makes any sense. Read this book you will not be disappointed and I will definitely be reading more by this author.
on 4 June 2014
Sorry but this was really boring to me it was just one super long sex scene with not much of a story. The other characters were just thrown in to pad it out and I really didn't like the main H/h characters. Sorry but my opinion x
on 4 May 2014
DNF. Found the story line boring and too predictable, so I just gave up.
Sorry author & potential other readers, it must just be me.
I am sure others will love it, obviously they do hence the other reviews.
on 18 November 2014
For some unknown reason I managed to read the second book in the series first. I knew the ending before I even read page one of this book but hell it didn't spoil the story. The book made for compulsive reading, I couldn't put it down.

In Vegas on a business trip to Vegas Holliday comes across a sexy stranger in a bar. Acting out of character Holliday allows herself to be swept along in flirting not expecting anything more than one night but will Dalton allow her to walk away.

I loved the book, the characters grabbed my attention and the story moved along nicely. I'm looking forward to reading more from this author.
on 1 June 2016
I do love a Rock Star romance and was so delighted to find out about this book series. I was hooked straight away with the Dalton and Holli's story. The book was well written and so emotional. If you love a Rocker... you'll love this!
on 30 May 2016
Loved this book, two great main characters, Dalton and Holliday. Nice sexy neighbour Danny. Well written, funny, believably sexy bits. Have just bought the second book even though I hadn't planned too and can't wait to read it
on 29 April 2014
I loved this book! I really enjoy rock star stories and this didn't disappoint. Holli was a strong female character not damaged with a sad past (makes a change)! The chemistry between her and our rock god Johnny Outlaw aka Jack Dalton was sizzling hot. The story flowed at a fast pace and I was dreading seeing the words THE END as I wanted to read more and more. I do hope this is turned into a series of books. This is a standalone but there is so much scope for stories about the other band members. I will be looking for other books by this author one.