Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.82

on 16 May 2014
FOUR STARS

Reviewed by Sharon Thérèse Nuttall for Kindle Friends Forever

As it’s not possible to rate three and a half stars on Goodreads and Amazon, I have awarded Johnny Outlaw; real name, Jack Dalton and Holliday Hughes’ hot steamy love story four stars.

Jack Dalton and Holliday’s story starts off a little slow. It picks up when they cross paths in a hotel in Las Vegas where Holli is reluctantly taking part in a business conference. Her love life is in the doldrums and he’s a frigging flirt with a skirt. However, as soon as they set eyes on each other, magnetism palpitates and innuendos flow. Could either of them envisage the outcome of their scorching night together? Well, you will see what happens when you read their story with all its ups and downs, but lacking in twists and turns for my liking.

This book isn't erotica. It’s sexy and believe me when I say that they’re at it in nearly every paragraph! If the storyline had had more backbone, something more to grab at, it would have been absolutely brilliant! I couldn't possibly fault the banter between this horrendously sexy rock star and this up and coming independent woman. There is no doubt that you’ll laugh out aloud? One would expect their lifestyles and personalities to clash but the author has made these two diverse characters work to a tee. I loved Tracy too! Hollie’s best friend and secretary plays an important part and Danny! Ooohh Dani! Why Hollie’s hunk of a neighbour was left on the sidelines is a real shame!

I assumed that this novel was about the title. “The Resistance.” I got the impression that the author had tried to involve the rock band in this light-hearted read, but somehow it just didn't seem to work for me. The impeccable grammar cannot be disputed and I am really looking forward to reading more from Ms Scott who has undisputed talent.
on 14 April 2015
Holliday runs into a hot guy while at a conference in Vegas and they bump uglies. A few false starts later and she discovers to her astonishment that her Jack Dalton is actually Johnny Outlaw, lead singer with mega famous rock band, The Resistance.

Usually I love stories like this, but while it had some sweet moments, it wasn't all I was hoping for. The banter didn't work for me, some of it felt stilted, like they were quoting greeting cards or reinacting a scene from a made for tv film. It made getting through this heavy going at times and prevented me from engaging with this couple or feeling their chemistry or buying into their insta love. It's not to say it was all bad because the smut was good and the impact of Dalton' s fame on their relationship came across very well, but I wasn't feeling this one I'm afraid.
on 26 May 2016
In this book, SL Scott plunges us into a whirlwind romance starting in Las Vegas. Holliday Hughes is attending a conference there, her successful company being recognized among her peers. She’s not impressed with some of the attendants, though, and slips out to one of the hotel bars for a cocktail. It is there that she meets a handsome, cocky man, whom she thinks works in hotel security. He introduces himself as Jack Dalton.

Deciding that she is also enjoying some time off, Holliday eventually agrees to go up to Dalton’s room. She is expecting a one night stand, so she is surprised when Dalton actually makes an effort getting to know her. There is a connection there, though, which she can’t deny, and she gives into it.
One night turns into a weekend spent together and promises to follow up when they are both back in LA.

Dalton clearly has trust issues and is quick to jump to conclusions. Although this stems from his fear of losing Holliday, she doesn’t let him off the hook that easily. I like that Holliday is strong and independent, not necessarily needing a man to complete her. Her feelings for Dalton take her by surprise as well, which I found very relatable, and she tries to balance her life with this new addition. This makes the characters believable and realistic; no helpless damsel waiting for her knight in this story.

The supporting characters are also quite interesting. Holliday’s new neighbor Danny actually has his own Models on Top - Danny: Volume 1 now. Tracy is a good friend to Holliday, simultaneously contrasting and complementing her personality. I immediately liked Cory and Rochelle, because they are uncomplicated and sincere. Dex, I didn’t really like; to me he comes across as rather selfish, fully enjoying the perks of his fame without taking much responsibility. I’m curious to find out if he has sufficient redeeming qualities.

SL Scott has a very descriptive, emotive writing style, making you fall in love right along with her characters. The Resistance actually triggered memories of past romances and my time spent in LA, making for a visceral read.
on 30 April 2014
Picked up this book because I just loved the chunky guy on the cover and thought I would give it a try thinking it would be another bad boy tamed by the girl. Ooooh what a shock I was in for as the story had me completely hooked with its depth, humour and characters. Dalton is a yummy world famous rock star and meets Holliday who is at the hotel for a conference when she goes to the bar for a quiet drink away from the busy conference. Dalton is there and pretends to be part of hotel security and asks to see her I.D. which gets up her nose, and when a drunk hits on her Dalton steps in and they get talking, and end up in Daltons room with Holliday having no clue he's famous. They spend the night together with him flying off in the morning. Dalton carries a lot of baggage and has a dark side with a fiery temper and my heart went out to him and my knees went weak as he's such a sweetheart. Holliday has a great nature with a lot of strength and a good attitude. I loved the way they stumbled through their relationship trying not to get too heavy but really wanting to. I couldn't wait to find out how it ends but didn't want it to end, if that makes any sense. Read this book you will not be disappointed and I will definitely be reading more by this author.
on 29 April 2014
Holliday Hughes meets handsome stranger Jack Dalton and against her better judgement ends up spending a super passionate night with him.

Jack or Dalton, as she calls him has a secret (which if you look closely at the cover and blurb I'm sure you can guess), but Holli has no idea any of this.

Holli and Dalton are very intense. They flirt, fight and er... get it on, a lot. What starts as one night has the potential for a whole lot more. Dalton is really possessive and kinda jealous and as much as I liked their relationship I felt it needed more balance at times as she was often left hanging or waiting for answers.

Dalton and his friends live and party hard which has caused them problems in the past. The story has some really sad scenes, but thankfully S.L. Scott includes a lot of sweet, sexy and downright dirty moments to balance out the tears.

4 Stars in my Sky!
on 22 May 2016
A fiery life of a successful rock band has many pitfalls namely trying to keep up a romantic relationship being on tour is not easy to say the least. The notoriety and fame leads to all sorts of problems. But somehow Jack who is their lead singer seems to manage it up to a point. On the other hand Billionaire who is Jack's girlfriend and his stability, finds it hard not to loose her identity to her boyfriends notoriety, and also has a business of her own that needs her attention. Things get knocked kilter when one of the band player gets killed in a plane crash and everything tries to come to.terms with the fallout which is not easy as Jack and Cory where life long friends and put Jack in a tailspin. Strength seems to come from the most unlikely places at times like this and Jack found it in Cory' s widow, Rochelle and Holliday. A great read of human endurance and most.of all, love and understanding.
on 4 June 2014
Sorry but this was really boring to me it was just one super long sex scene with not much of a story. The other characters were just thrown in to pad it out and I really didn't like the main H/h characters. Sorry but my opinion x
on 4 May 2014
DNF. Found the story line boring and too predictable, so I just gave up.
Sorry author & potential other readers, it must just be me.
I am sure others will love it, obviously they do hence the other reviews.
on 18 November 2014
For some unknown reason I managed to read the second book in the series first. I knew the ending before I even read page one of this book but hell it didn't spoil the story. The book made for compulsive reading, I couldn't put it down.

In Vegas on a business trip to Vegas Holliday comes across a sexy stranger in a bar. Acting out of character Holliday allows herself to be swept along in flirting not expecting anything more than one night but will Dalton allow her to walk away.

I loved the book, the characters grabbed my attention and the story moved along nicely. I'm looking forward to reading more from this author.
on 6 July 2014
ok book - felt the same as a couple of other reviewers - it was ok and that's about it really. It was pretty obvious what was going to happen. Sorry really wanted to like this,