4.0 out of 5 stars AN-MR500 - 4* Amazon - 1* LG/UK - 1*
AN-MR500 - 4* Amazon - 1* LG/UK - 1*

The Good......
Published 6 months ago by go4

1.0 out of 5 stars OK button never works!
Seems like LG has got a bug with thus remote as I've replaced it 2 times and the same problem exists which is the OK button doesn't work! Nothing comes on the TV screen about registering, followed all instructions in the guide of pairing and trouble shooting, even Googled it to find a solution and found there are others who had the same problem and had to return it back.
Published 2 months ago by T. Allam

4.0 out of 5 stars AN-MR500 - 4* Amazon - 1* LG/UK - 1*, 2 Oct. 2014
AN-MR500 - 4* Amazon - 1* LG/UK - 1*

The Good......
The AN-MR500 Magic Remote is a good product when you can get it to work with your 2014 LG TV. It makes navigating the menus simpler and is easy to control. Over the last five years or so I have been using a Gyration MCE remote and mouse with my HTPC. I find the on screen cursor easier to control with the AN-MR500. I'm pleased with build and ergonomics of the remote.

The BAD........
Amazons description is dire - It fails to give potential purchasers the information they need, I'd almost call in a con. If the remote will not work with your 2014 LG TV they will sell you a AN-WF500 dongle(at an extra £19.00).

LG UK appalling lack of information on-line, no information regarding compatibility. The documentation supplied with the product is worse than useless.

The INFORMATION you NEED...........
"This universal remote control works when your compatible devices are connected up with HDMI, and is compatible with the following LG TVs: 570*, 580*, 585*, 650, 700 and 730 series (*requires AN-WF500 dongle - sold separately)."

A bundle of remote and dongle can be purchased from the retailer who claims to have "highest sales per square foot of any retail outlet in the world" for an extra 95 pence compared to Amazons price for the remote.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed!, 28 Nov. 2014
This review is from: LG Magic Remote (Accessory)
Purchased with the 42LB630V an it worked straight out of the box! Fantastic. The proper remote is still in the wrapper. Fantastic TV and a fantastic remote, nice to see some innovation! WebOS is great too, kids and Mrs always moaned and struggled with changing inputs and channels etc, now its just like using a tablet, or a Wii controller.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to webos interface, 14 Dec. 2014
This review is from: LG Magic Remote (Accessory)
I bought this to go with my LG 47lb650V. Works flawlessly, I think the webos is generally very good, with a few flaws, mainly performance. However, the interface from the magic remote brings lots of functions to life without the usual large and complex remote packaging. I can honestly say I have never needed to use the standard supplied remote, all functions have been accessible via the magic remote. A great addition to a webos tv that is very simple to use and extremely functional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really easy to use and set up, 6 Aug. 2014
This review is from: LG Magic Remote (Accessory)
Purchased for LG 47LB650V and works a dream with no issues. Make webOS so much easier and web pages instead of using the conventional remote supplied with the TV. If your not sure wether it will work on your model just log onto the LG site and put in your model number if you don't have the instruction book. But it is in the instructions under "Separate Purchase"

5.0 out of 5 stars It is also good for controlling the Web Browser built into the TV ..., 24 Jan. 2015
This review is from: LG Magic Remote (Accessory)
I bought this remote a couple of weeks ago. I also had to buy a WIFI dongle as well. These were for my LG 50PB66. Initially, I did not appreciate the full utility of this remote control. I had been having serious problems controlling Sky with the Sky remote control as a result of Plasma interference from the TV with the Infrared detector on the Sky Box. It took me ages to figure out that this was the problem. I bought a Magic Eye (which caused RF interference on other TVs I had connected in the house) and finally as Wireless SLX Infrared extender which worked - but is a little sluggish. The point is that I have just discovered that the LG Magic Remote control can also control the BSkyB box! All you have to do is press the 123 button on the LG Magic control and work through a couple of Set Up screens and Select BSkyB as the Set Top Box provider and bingo! It works a treat and is faster than the extender. It is also good for controlling the Web Browser built into the TV as you can point and click. Better than expected!

4.0 out of 5 stars MR500 remote for LG650 smart tv, 4 July 2014
This review is from: LG Magic Remote (Accessory)
we bought the Lg650 smart 3d TV and were told the magic remote was out of stock due to demand ! However on returning to the store an LG rep was there and after a short discussion with him he informed me that the remote I was told I needed by currys/PC world would not work with the TV I had purchased 2 Weeks prior. He told me I needed the newest version MR500 which I could only get on line ! So that's what I did . It came 2 Weeks early from Amazon. No written instructions which I thought a bit odd . Just a little disc which I haven't looked at , but a good little remote and would recommend . Cheaper at Amazon than what the store would have charged , so shop around first

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this with 39LB580V TV. It says TV is ..., 14 Oct. 2014
This review is from: LG Magic Remote (Accessory)
Bought this with 39LB580V TV. It says TV is WiFi in ads, so assumed (wrongly!!) this was all I needed. Could not get it to work (register) properly. Emailed LG 3 times no luck. Phoned LG and was told I need the WiFi Dongle as well. Very unclear on Amazons website, only clue was 'Frequently bought together'

5.0 out of 5 stars The magic remote is a must buy with your LG ..., 2 Oct. 2014
This review is from: LG Magic Remote (Accessory)
The magic remote is a must buy with your LG tv as it makes your life just so much easier. I know people scoff at the price of it so it would just be easier if LG incorporated the price of the magic remote in with the television.

1.0 out of 5 stars OK button never works!, 8 Jan. 2015
T. Allam (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars LG Magic, 28 Sept. 2014
This review is from: LG Magic Remote (Accessory)
Clever little thing.However cannot fully replace the remote control supplied with the TV

LG Magic Remote