5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely..Phenomenal!!
Published 11 months ago by Lucie Lu's Book Reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I absolutely love Michelle's other books. I feel short changed that this book finished at 90%. Perhaps Phenomenal X was hyped up too much....I don't know. What I do know is that I really wanted to love this book but I found it just ok. This hurts me to say this. I will buy the next book but please, at the very least make it a full 100%
Published 11 months ago by Karen Riptide

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 25 April 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected......, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Phenomenal X (Hard Knocks Book One) (Kindle Edition)
Was looking forward to this book for a while, I think the anticipation built up for me because of that and the hype surrounding it but the storyline didn't live up to it. It was more or less a predictable New Adult book with a possessive alpha male with problems and the sweet innocent girl that seems to pop up all the time, it would of been nice to have more of story about Anna's background, not just the bare minimum which was enough to plant her in Xavier's path and for her to 'relate' to him.....but don't worry you have the usual evil ex that's always hovering and the nemesis who's out to ruin the hero for stupid reasons. It's a two part series; I'm disappointed from the read so I don't think I'll finish it off. Don't get me wrong it was alright and most people like these type of plot lines, I was just expecting something different which this book wasn't.

3.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal X, 24 April 2014
This review is from: Phenomenal X (Hard Knocks Book One) (Kindle Edition)
I so wanted to like this book but I found it fell very short, for me it was too similar to other better written books ( Real) and the cliff hanger at the end was to unbelievable. I'm not sure I'm even tempted to buy the second book unless it's considerable better priced. I did have real high hopes for this book but it just didn't hit the mark.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure......, 2 May 2014
Deborah - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Phenomenal X (Hard Knocks Book One) (Kindle Edition)
This is the first book I've read by this author and I must admit I have mixed feelings about it, some of the reviews mentioned that it was similar to Real and yes in a lot of ways it is but what really spoilt Real for me was Brooke, she annoyed me in the first, annoyed me more in the second so I never bothered with the third whereas in this book I really liked Anna, Xavier Cold, odd name bugged me all the way through, I liked Xavier as well faults and all, despite his name, he's an interesting character and what woman seriously doesn't love a bad boy.
The main issue I had was the wrestling, with Real, MMA fighting is hot, wrestling not so much I just couldn't picture it and yes I knew before I started reading he was a wrestler but the cover is seriously hot and I read a review which had me really wanting to read it but I couldn't take it seriously, I've never watched wrestling and never wanted to but the fact that it's scripted just takes away from it for me and the only wrestler I could think of was The Rock, so, and I know this is so wrong but in order for this book to work for me I pictured him as a MMA fighter, only way I could get my head round it.
Will I read the next book, I don't know but if I'm being honest I expected more from this book I liked not only the two main characters but Quinn as well but it didn't offer anything new.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Phenomenal X (Hard Knocks Book One) (Kindle Edition)
I'd been looking forward to this one for months but for me it didn't live up to the hype. I felt the story had been done before and didn't believe the relationship between Anna and X. I'm also peed off that it finished at 90%. What's all that about? I've been short changed somewhere. I really wanted to love this but it was just ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely..Phenomenal!!, 23 April 2014
This review is from: Phenomenal X (Hard Knocks Book One) (Kindle Edition)
OMG it can't end there!!! I need Book 2 like now!! 5 stars just doesn't seem enough, if I could rate it higher I would. WOW!! This is one of the best books I have read..ever. I LOVED it!! Phenomenal X or Xavier is HOT HOT HOT!! I fell head first in lust as soon as he appeared on the page. Not only is he tall, dark, two hundred and sixty five pounds of pure muscle and covered in tats. He is also a wrestler with a very protective nature when it comes to his lady.

Anna Cortez meets Xavier on a plane when a drink is split on her and he offers her the seat next to him. From the second they lock eyes there is a connection between them. That just builds the more they are around each other. They agree to be "friends" because Anna doesn't do casual sex and Xavier doesn't know anything else. When Anna gets fired from her job, Xavier offers her the position of being his PA. Knowing if she doesn't accept, she will never see him again, she agrees. Being thrown into the wrestling world Anna has to woman up and leave her own life behind. Giving in to their feelings X and Anna begin a relationship but it's not all a bed of roses. They have Xavier's bitter ex PA/F'Buddy watching their every move and Xavier's ultimate rival trying to do everything he can to destroy his chance at winning the championship. Knowing that the only way to hurt Xavier is to strike at Anna, Rex goes to the writers and gets them to write a love triangle into the story which includes Rex kissing Anna. Xavier won't stand by and let it happen, he will kill before he allows anyone to touch her. The ultimate show done between Rex and Phenomenal X starts but will Xavier be able to stop before his temper and the demons from the past make him lose everything he has worked so hard for..including Anna.

This is the first book I have read by Michelle A. Valentine and after this it won't be my last. I have found another favourite author to add to my list. I can't praise this book enough, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars ohhhh wow., 26 April 2014
This review is from: Phenomenal X (Hard Knocks Book One) (Kindle Edition)
The title got me and then i read what the book was about and I was like hmmm sounds like my type of book.
Then i read the reviews...... its here i saw a few of the writers fans were dissapointed with this book and it was in the reviews that I found out its a cliff hanger ending.
Two things that make me think twice about buying a book - I hate to wait for the next book!!!
Anyway I am so glad I put those two things aside..... this book was fantastic (ok apart from the cliff hanger ending).

cant wait for book two.

3.0 out of 5 stars Strong start, daft ending, 17 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Phenomenal X (Hard Knocks Book One) (Kindle Edition)
This started so well, I was really into it.

Anna meets Xavier on a plane. She's moving away from her crazily strict father. He's a ripped and gorgeous s'leb wrestler she's never heard of. She's attracted to him but also scared of him because he represents everything she's been denied by her dad and her upbringing.

Some cute and flirty banter later and he's popping up wherever she goes, wanting to become friends. Things were paced nicely, the chemistry was sizzling away and nobody was rushing into insta-love (or lust). I was loving it.

Then, in the blink of an eye she's working for him and things move up a few gears. At this point the story began to lose me. Firstly because their relationship moved too fast but mainly the wrestling thing. I'm not sure whether X was supposed to be a sports star or an actor, but the lines were blurred in and outside of the ring and I found it hard to care. X got wound up by a rival wrestler. Even Anna seemed to forget she'd only stopped being a good girl a week ago and started handing out beeatchy slap downs. I was a little bewildered and it all felt a little forced and phoney to me.

This ends on a cliffhanger so be prepared to read the next book to get the full story, you don't get it all in this part.

1.0 out of 5 stars where's the end?, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Phenomenal X (Hard Knocks Book One) (Kindle Edition)
Great book as always by this author but the book just finishes with no ending sooooo frustrating when you don't expect it

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 4 May 2014
This review is from: Phenomenal X (Hard Knocks Book One) (Kindle Edition)
Five stars without hesitation! Loved it from start to finish. What a cliffhanger- I was not expecting that. Can't wait for the follow-up to find out what happens next.

Phenomenal X (Hard Knocks Book One)
Phenomenal X (Hard Knocks Book One) by Michelle A. Valentine