4.0 out of 5 stars New BBF
Aww! I really enjoyed Dearest Clementine. I think it's because I'm a big believer in fate, so I really appreciated the many coincidences and chance encounters that occur in the story (or maybe I'm just becoming really sentimental underneath my Brit cynicism).

Published 6 months ago by Zili Robins

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Easy read
Published 23 days ago by islander

4.0 out of 5 stars New BBF, 12 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Dearest Clementine: Dearest Series (Kindle Edition)

Clementine 'Clem' (love the name) really made me smile. This was strange because on the surface she's kinda standoffish and I felt like I shouldn't have liked her as much as I did. Standoffishness aside, Clem's really funny, she has some great one-liners. Her secret life and disdain of romance writing really made me laugh.

On to Gavin...

I had two friends called Gav growing up, so it's difficult for me to see the name as sexy, but thankfully Lex Martin does a great job, making her Gavin my latest BBF! Gavin Murphy is an RA, who likes writing as much as Clem (my idea of a perfect guy is a hot guy who is into books and writing). I enjoyed the parallels between Clem's writing and their friendship.

To keep things interesting there's a clever hook! Martin adds a mystery thriller element to elevate the story above the usual NA plot. I'm not going to spoil this for you though!

I liked the secondary characters but wasn't the biggest fan of Clem's twin brother. A lot of his actions seemed extremely shady to me. There is one particular place in the story where I wanted to smack him!

4 Stars in my Sky!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, warm and funny, 21 July 2014
This review is from: Dearest Clementine: Dearest Series (Kindle Edition)
This was such a sweet, warm read, I really enjoyed it.
I got the warm and fuzzies just from the first base action in this, the chemistry the author created was amazing.
College senior Clementine is, at the beginning of the story, spiky and icy cold with everyone following a traumatic event in her past. She's unwilling to trust anyone. Gavin gradually breaks through her barriers by being all hot and emerald eyed and messy haired and fit and sweet and protective. I kind of loved Gavin to bits. Clementine's writing a romantic story but has no real life experience to base her story on so lovely Gavin gallantly offers to supply a little inspiration...
At the same time Clementine is in danger. Tbh that part of the story never really got very dark or scary it didn't matter because it gave lovely Gavin the chance to show off his growly protective side. Did I mention how lovely he is?
This was a really well written, enjoyable story that had some funny banter and slapstick as well as the love story. Recommended if you enjoyed Easy (different plot but similar vibe) or you're looking for a romantic escape that'll give you the warm and fuzzies.
This is a complete story with no cliffhanger but there are more in this series featuring different characters. I can't wait to read them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything I love to find in an NA read, 14 Feb. 2015
Nicola_1202 (South Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Dearest Clementine: Dearest Series (Kindle Edition)
Dearest Clementine had everything it I love to find in a NA read and with romance, angst, humour, and endearing characters it was thoroughly enjoyable read. Plus it had an added sprinkling of suspense.

"...hot sex and a happily ever after. I don't do either."

Famous last words as when Clementine Avery meets Gavin Murphy attraction is inevitable. Because he's an absolute sweetheart - gentle, protective thoughtful and sexy. And whilst Clementine has her insecurities, she has fight and determination making her completely likeable; you simply can't not want them to find their happy ever after. But being NA, it's not plain sailing and with a nice dose of angst it held me captivated. Granted it isn't overly heavy of the sexual content, but the build-up and the romance was intimate, sexy and realistic. My only disappointment was how quickly certain elements of the storyline were tied up; some were gathering real momentum yet seemed rushed heading towards the finish line.

Lex Martin is a new author to me, but she has certainly ingratiated herself onto my list of authors I wouldn't hesitate to read again. And with a cast of secondary characters that injected humour and lighter moments, I look forward to reading Jax & Dani and Daren & Maddie's stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally unexpected!, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Dearest Clementine: Dearest Series (Kindle Edition)
I was expecting the typical young romance but what I got was so much more! I have a huge crush on Gav (yes, we have nicknames!) and all the characters were genuine and believable. The story had a mix of sweet, hot, drama and of course a HEA! Cannot fault this book. Look forward to Jax and Daren's stories!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 2 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Dearest Clementine: Dearest Series (Kindle Edition)
I liked this, Clementine was quite a hard character to like at first as she was cold and bitchy. But as the story went along and she thawed and we get to understand her motivations, I realized the character was very cleverly drawn and written. The male lead Gavin was nearly as good.
I think this would appeal to any NA and older reader, it has a great storyline and although the characters are all at college, I didn't feel it was a college story. I felt it was more one about relationships, betrayal and redemption and love with some mystery thrown in.
It's a good read and great value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gavin Murphy....., 19 July 2014
tracy (West midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dearest Clementine: Dearest Series (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant New Adult read, even has a teeny bit of mystery which I guessed pretty early on ;-)
Loved the characters, I want a Gavin! Loved Clem, sweet girl behind her bitchy exterior. The sexting had me howling, so funny!
Loved that we finally got a piece of Gavin's POV, and a HEA....what more could you ask for :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Dearest Clementine: Dearest Series (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book. Gavin was awesome. Very good story line and some very funny bit's. I will definately be reading this again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A rare find!, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Dearest Clementine: Dearest Series (Kindle Edition)
Stumbled across this book while reading different blogs and I am so glad I did, this book is phenomenal, it hooked me in and kept me there, I just wanted everything to work out for Clem and at the start I didn't even like her! Not what I expected but I loved it and cannot wait to read Jax's story. Fab.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really great read. Meet clemintine who has had everyone in ..., 10 July 2014
This review is from: Dearest Clementine: Dearest Series (Kindle Edition)
A really great read. Meet clemintine who has had everyone in her life walk all over her. Shes closed off and been through hell. Meet Gavin who is a super hot stud and is part of the same band as her room mates boyfriend. Put them together and sparks fly but Clem is having trouble seeing it. I enjoyed this story because there's suspense and a dark brooding stalker who's now back and a girl on campass that's gone missing. This is a must read. Looking forward to the next book by lex. Martin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Awesome!, 30 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Dearest Clementine: Dearest Series (Kindle Edition)
Adored this book. :D It was the perfect balance of fun, sexiness, drama, and emotion. It didn't feel rushed or overly done and was a beautifully effortless read. I have a huge crush on the hot RA! The characters were the best part for me. They were so loveable and more importantly realistic which is a huge reason as to why I love this book. It was such a high following the plot since it felt like you were there since it's so easy to imagine the settings and the situations as they happen. I highly recommend this novel since it's just such an incredibly enjoyable read and it's so addictive! A definite re-read for me! I received this book as an Arc, for an honest review.

Dearest Clementine: Dearest Series