5.0 out of 5 stars James, James, James.
Published 5 months ago by Moongie

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful -two hours of my life I will never get back!
I read a lot of books in this genre and I can safely say this is in my top three of poorly written books out of the hundreds I have read. The writing is sloppy. It's so rushed and lacking any description or detail that you struggle to follow any story or feel any connection or emotion. I felt no emotional attachment, no excitement and no passion. The mistakes were...
Published 2 months ago by L. Smith

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars James, James, James., 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: Twisted Boss (Kindle Edition)
This is one of the most interesting Alphas that I believe that I have ever experienced. Even with all of his bad boy qualities he has a way of growing on the reader. I don’t think that I have ever seen a man so obsessed with a woman before. This is not a love story but it is a dark tale of obsession. James starts out wanting revenge and never counts on the chemistry that he shares with Amanda. He is much like a tsunami that comes into Amanda’s life and literally overwhelms her, leaving her defenseless and at his will.
Amanda is nobody’s wimp and she has no intentions of going down without a fight. What neither of them counted on was the sexual components that they share. I would like to see more of this couple and I would definitely love to see more of James.
Really enjoyed this read and would recommend it to any reader that enjoys over the top Alphas and strong women that resist them.
*I received a free copy of this book for a fair and honest review*

4.0 out of 5 stars Dark erotica, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Twisted Boss (Kindle Edition)
Definitely not a sweet flowers type romance. There is beam and dark erotica. It is a good read just not 5 stars for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ruthless!, 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: Twisted Boss (Kindle Edition)
This book kept my attention as I read about a man who will stop at nothing to repay a woman who has stolen from him.
James counted on revenge but he didn’t count on any emotional ties. He is a ruthless individual who has no time for emotional ties; until Amanda crosses his path with her scams.
Amanda is a ruthless business woman who will as James words it “Steal the pennies off of a dead man’s eyes.” She has been working in a man’s world and she knows all the tricks of the trade.
This is a riveting story of two people that both have a game on attitude and you the reader get a front row seat to all of their antics.
*I received a free copy for a fair and honest review*

5.0 out of 5 stars Alpha Male: Tall, Dark & Dangerous, 26 April 2014
Thomas Baker (Santiago, Chile) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twisted Boss (Kindle Edition)
(Quote) "No apologies! No explanations!I am dark, I am twisted, I am damaged, I am James..." (end of quote)

If you like your men Tall, Dark and Dangerous, then this is the author for you. Don't get it twisted though, because these women are professional career women and they are not going down without a fight. I guess the best way to say it is: Game on!

If you are one of those readers who has a hard time finding `Dark Romance' because it is either too dark, or not dark enough; then look no further because this author has the perfect blend of `Dark' and `Romance'. You will find yourself bonded with each and every one of the characters in Suzanne Steele's books and you may just find a new favorite author.

Reviewed by Thomas Jerome Baker
Author of Boudicca: Warrior Queen

I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a fair and unbiased review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Two Dark Stories in One, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Twisted Boss (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book because it is two books together, 'Twisted' and 'Boss.'
Twisted is a Dark Romance and Boss is a Dark Erotic Tale. Both of them great books, but Boss is a darker version with elements of BDSM. They were two completely different stories.
It was kind of like getting Amanda's view in Twisted and James's view in Boss.
If you are fan of dark romance, or dark erotica then you will enjoy this story of James and Amanda. When Amanda tries to swindle her boss out of money she finds herself in a dangerous position. She didn't count on James developing an obsession with her and she most certainly didn't count on developing feelings for him. I enjoyed James, because he goes beyond just being an alpha male. The man makes no excuses for his dark obsessive behavior. Every time that I wondered if James would push the envelope; he shocked me with his blatant behavior towards Amanda. The man goes so far as to say that he is dark, twisted, and a danger when it comes to getting what he wants; and what he wants is Amanda...He goes so far as to almost beat her husband to death. How can you like a man like that? Well; this author accomplished it. I love James...
As I said: if you enjoy a dark read, I believe that you will enjoy this.
*I received a free copy of this book for a fair and honest review*

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful erotic read, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Twisted Boss (Kindle Edition)
"Twisted Boss" by Suzanne Steele is another powerful and gripping erotic book by an uncompromising and talented writer.
James is the classical, bossy alpha male that many readers will guiltily dream about, despite the danger he repesents. Amanda falls under his spell and they end up in a dark erotic connection with control and submission.
Probably not for feminists this is an intense fantasy but one that fits in well with the popular demand for dark erotic fiction and it is definitely one of the strongest in this category.

5.0 out of 5 stars Primal Passion!, 7 May 2014
This review is from: Twisted Boss (Kindle Edition)
When Amanda tries to steal from James, she gets more than she bargained for. Paying for her crime means she's under his control now. James, himself, freely admits that he is dark and twisted, so Amanda is in for one hell of a ride. This is not a sweet romance. It's full of revenge and primal passion. If you like your alpha males to be dangerous and obsessive men, who will go to any lengths to get the woman they want, then you will love Twisted Boss.

5.0 out of 5 stars whoa!, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: Twisted Boss (Kindle Edition)
It's one thing to have an enemy but when it's your boss, you can't really escape. Amanda lands in that situation when she steals from James, and I got pulled into the most twisted relationship I've ever read in a novel. I don't normally read erotica, but I decided to give this author's books a try for my start.
Glad I did. I couldn't have chosen a better novel to break my erotica reading cherry LOL

You can tell as the book progresses that neither party expected to become connected to the other, but over time thats exactly what happens. I liked James because he struck me as an actual REALISTIC alpha male, and not a caricature of how one should be. It is very unlucky for Amanda that this guy has the power and money to go with his good looks. Yup, loving James a lot!
Received in exchange for an honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I gave this a 2nd chance!, 30 Oct 2014
This review is from: Twisted Boss (Kindle Edition)
Reread and re-reviewed after the author had it professionally worked on and released 9/26/14
First off, I'd like to say my original 2 star review had no complaints about the story line. Ms. Steele has ideas and can certainly bring the best of the Alpha a-hole Doms to life. The editing she had done made a HUGE difference. There are parts rearranged or cut so the flow of the story is infinitely better and makes more sense to the reader. A lot of the text is reworded resulting in a much better dialogue between James and Amanda. Their banter sounds so much more natural now and let's not forget the sex... Those of you that know Ms. Steele's work, know that she can write a scorching D/s scene. Her new word choices, in these scenes in particular, were much better and made for a hotter read. There were a couple of edits missed but so minor, it didn't distract. Well worth a second read!

ORIGINAL 2 star review June 15, 2014
I enjoy dark reads and love alpha, a-hole doms but this one didn't do it for me. He repeatedly used the same threats in the same stilted dialogue which for some inane reason, got her off. I'll admit some of the scenes were hot and worth reading but overall this book lacked flow.

5.0 out of 5 stars See for yourself!, 15 May 2014
This review is from: Twisted Boss (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book - yes, it gets intense but the author tells you about that going in. The two protagonists are vividly portrayed, the action never lags, and it will keep you engaged all the way through. See for yourself!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›