Format: DVD|Change

on 23 February 2015
I viewed first series on tv and couldn't wait for second series to be shown sometime in the future so bought this dvd set. Watched the full twelve hours in one sitting. Absolutely riveting stuff. Extremely well acted and beautifully filmed. A definite grown up production which I couldn't fault at all. The interlinking relationships are extremely well written and draw the viewer into caring about all the characters. Was the best way to spend a Sunday tucked up in bed on a filthy wet day! Don't know how to cope now without a third series on the horizon.
on 5 March 2015
I don't normally like programmes with subtitles but thought I would give this programme a go seeing as though Homeland was based on it.

It didn't disappoint! Absolutely brilliant far better than Homeland. Season 1 had me gripped but Season 2 was even better.

I would not hesitate to recommend this programme brilliant acting and brilliant writing, I feel lost now having nothing to watch.

I really hope they make Season 3.

Well done on the brilliant acting and well done on the brilliant writing.

Five stars all the way!
on 28 September 2014
I did enjoy the video, just 1 problem I wish they would let subtitles last a little bit longer, they move on too fast. But for all that it was great.
on 13 May 2015
I did not realize this was the series that Homeland was based on and I was completely blown away by this series, far better than the Homeland series. I have just watched series one and two over a couple of days and I could not wait for each episode to unfold. A fantastic watch with great acting and compelling story telling. Would recommend this to anyone who wants superior tv viewing!
on 10 January 2015
Only criticism is that Arab characters are not as nuanced as the Israelis but overall very powerful, compelling viewing and sometimes quite unpredictable in the way story lines develop. Preferable to the melodramatic Homeland though I thought last series was quite impressive.
on 6 May 2016
I though the first series of "Prisoners of War" was excellent and couldn't be bettered. I was wrong. This is simply one of the finest dramas of recent years. It's a series which contains subtle character development and some genuine thrills. The central performances are extraordinary and seem so very real. The plot is very well constructed and it's great to watch all the strands come together, although the writer and director (the brilliant Gideon Raff) often plays with the viewer's emotions. The two "Prisoners of War" series gave rise to "Homeland" (another winner) but I would go so far as to say that this series is slightly superior to it American counterpart as we don't just focus on one or two characters but see how the former P.O.W.s affect the lives of others. Outstanding.
on 19 September 2014
Amazing film, so full of emotions and depth. I loved it, highly recommend. Just make sure you got a box of tissue handy!
on 7 October 2014
From the writer who invented Homeland it's so good even the subtitles didn't put me off
on 24 July 2015
Watched the first series and tbh found it a bit slow, maybe because I was comparing it to Homeland. The second series is where it all stsrts to comes to light as to what it is all.about. Have an.idea as to who is who and then there is another twist to the it. Compelling viewing
on 12 May 2015
Fantastically gripping series if I'd had the energy I would have watched both seasons in one go, but I needed some sleep in between. The acting was excellent and almost too convincing at times. Cannot wait for season three if there ever is one...