on 3 May 2014
I was bitten by the gardening bug several years ago for all things edible and am always looking for new tips to help me get the most from my veg patch.

This book is a great place to start as it discusses all the stages from planning the garden design to harvesting your own seeds.

It even gives you some handy homemade "recipes" for things like bug repellent! Fertiliser types and home composting is also covered.

There is also a handy section at the end describing how to use canning (with photos) to preserve the fruits of your labour.

All in all a great resource for the vegetable grower.
on 25 April 2014
I loved Vegetable Gardening Tips - Complete Guide On Growing Vegetables because it covers just about everything you need to know as a beginner gardener.

I particularly liked the insight into how to recognise the three different soil types and the section on keeping bugs and insects away using natural ingredients.

The book is easy to read and comprehend with lots of practical advice, plus it has canning recipes as well so it's a gardening/cookery book combined! .
on 19 April 2014
As the title suggests - a complete guide to growing vegetables - simple clear and easy to follow. Its packed with tips and advice to help the any gardener succeed in creating a thriving vegetable garden - all organic too! Includes planning, preparation, planting & care, fertilizers, making compost, and how to deal with pests - some excellent all-natural recipes here using simple ingredients. Such good value for money. Well done Sally Nithercott!
on 18 April 2014
Being an absolute beginner, I knew I had no choice but to take proper guidance ......this fantastic little book, fortunately for me, is more like the Delia Smith of the 'grow your own' world....... full of diagrams and tips,so if like me, you're a newbie at this, this is a great tool to have by your side ....highly recommended
on 24 April 2014
This is an easy book to read and follow. I found lots of useful advice and tips that I will certainly be using in my own garden. I particularly liked the inclusion of homemade recipes for keeping a garden healthy; this is an added bonus. The book cover is also brilliant.
on 19 May 2014
Very informative and educational guide, especially for a novice like me who has aspirations of growing a lot more of my own veg,
A first class way of understanding how to be a success in growing your own..
on 4 May 2014
Sally obviously knows her stuff well written and easy to follow.
Hopefully there is a lot more to come, especially with the cost of shopping , why buy when you can grow your own.