5.0 out of 5 stars Isaiah for the 21st Century believer, 10 Aug 2012
I have been appreciative of David Pawson's writings over many years and always look forward to new resources becoming available. They are always well researched, easy to read but not lightweight. This is yet another example of that where it is simple without ever being simplistic! This is yet another of his books that I have found to be inspirational and educational - informing both head and heart to be a great help in my own life as a Christian Believer where I want to be totally authentic in how I live and express myself and my faith in God in the 21st Century world. yet another "must have" book for your library which develops his work in Unlocking the Bible - another "must have" for the person who wants to grow as a Disciple of Jesus.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will make one enjoy studying the prophets, 1 Mar 2013
I totally enjoyed reading this book. It made me fall in love with the prophets. Now I'm studying Jeremiah on my own, following Pawson's methodology.

5.0 out of 5 stars Come with me through Isaiah by David Pawson, 17 Jan 2013
Having bought 'Unlocking the Bible' by David Pawson, and having read the chapter on Isaiah, I felt I wanted a much more in depth study of this chapter, so bought the above book. I have not finished reading it yet, but I am not disappointed. David Pawson is an excellent teacher, everything is set out so clearly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Isaiah commentary by David Pawson, 8 Nov 2012
Dr. R. Jameson (Liverpool England) - See all my reviews
An excellent thought provoking commentary by David Pawson a much respected preacher who provides inspirational insights into the book of Isaiah. This book will also be of help in your personal devotions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding study guide., 20 Oct 2012
David Pawson gives so much information and background to the book of Isaiah - it greatly enriches the study of these scriptures.

5.0 out of 5 stars come with me through Isaiah, 31 May 2014
This review is from: Come with me through Isaiah (Kindle Edition)
Easy to read and very informative. Makes me want to know more. The only point I'd make is that you so want to talk to someone about what you have read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Must Read, 1 Mar 2014
The book of Isaiah is not easy to grasp for the ordinary Christian, so David Pawson's book is a really helpful guide with insights into the complexities and nuances of the text. I recommend it to all serious Christians.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 24 Oct 2013
Mrs. J. F. Hall "Jessie" (Newcastle upon Tyne UK) - See all my reviews
This is the cheapest way to buy books and altho it is hard on the retailers I just look out for value for money. Excellent book

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent to browse, 19 Oct 2013
If used well this is an excellent series. To walk through and get a grasp of the overview of a book before delving deeper into it. The insights are excellent. How it reflects the structure of the Bible was a real eye opener for me. 66 chapters. A book of two halves, the first 39 and last 27 chapters, just as is the Bible. I used it as a trigger for my daily Bible reading and really enjoyed insights like this.
The only truly contentious part was the explanation of the sign of the virgin birth given to King Ahaz found in chapter 7. David Pawson's explanation makes no sense. That Ahaz would be walking through his harem and notice one of his concubines had had a baby and called him not Derek but Immanuel, and suddenly remember that Isaiah had given him this as a sign, is tosh. Immanuel is used solely throughout this book in reference to God himself, why would this be the exception? Indeed, 'virgin' is disputed but this word in this context is used to refer to a virgin in every other part of the OT, so why dispute it here? Even the word 'you' used by Isaiah gives clue to the fact this is 2 prophetic messages. 'You' plural is used when referring to this virgin birth, and is a prophecy to the house of David. A definite article is used, 'the virgin', not a random reference but alluding to a previously mentioned event. That would be to my mind the 'seed of the woman' given in Genesis chapter 3. A sign for the House of David, future.
The immediate prophecy to Ahaz is in the 'you' singular, referring to the sign that he would see in his lifetime, that before Isaiah's son had reached a certain age, the very kings who sought to destroy the line of David and depose him, would themselves be destroyed.
That aside, I really enjoyed this series and plan to use it as part of my continuing exploration of this amazing book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Isaiah, 29 July 2013
Unfortunately I have still not read this book. I am positive when I get round to reading it, it will be very good, as are all David Pawson's books. He is a favourite writer and speaker.

Come with me through Isaiah