Sennheiser G4ME ONE PC Gaming Headset - Black
Colour Name: BlackChange
Price:£144.72+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 17 December 2014
I have a headset obsession so I thought I would give my opinion.
Owned Tritton AX Pro
Astro A30, A40, A50
Sennheiser PC360 and now this..
Sound is crisp beautiful & uncramped detail. The other headsets I previously owned were brilliant but all of them had their flaws, some too much bass or too heavy on your head or ears. Im using it with the Astro Mixamp for the PS4 works great, why pay £189 for a headset to plug it into your controller? A console & games are made for dolby surround and so are the Sennheiser drivers! I'd say its the best I've used, most comfortable, so light, ears can breathe because its classed as open ear which is great for long sessions, sound is amazing you must hear it for yourself to describe. If your struggling to find Y adaptor because for some reason Sennheiser don't supply one, you can pick a genuine Astro Y adaptor for www.limexbox360.co.uk . Sorry guys but i can only comment for PS4. Its expensive but you do get what you pay for.
on 9 June 2015
I'm fairly certain these are based on the Sennheiser HD 558 with a great noise cancelling mic attached so you are paying quite a premium but if you like the convenience of an all in one solution then look no further.

When compared to my HD 650's the sound stage is slightly better but it does lack some of the warmth and mid-range. Nothing to complain about in the sound or comfort department at all.

** I actually received a new revised version which doesn't yet appear to be listed on the Sennheiser website, it now includes two removable cables for console and PC usage. Well done Sennheiser for allowing easy replacement in the event of a cable breakage. This also means the PCV05 combo audio adapter is no longer required although it's still useful if you regularly switch platforms **

The microphone sounds excellent through my sound card and PS4 controller but this is highly dependent on the input device so expect some variance with different sound cards. Where it's let down is the omission of an effective wind shield which causes frequent vocal 'plosives' to ruin an otherwise clear signal. The mic boom needs to be moved much further away from the mouth than other headsets to stop this occurring.

Unfortunately my headset arrived with a badly applied headband cushion and needed to be returned. I ended up getting a ModMic 4.0 for my existing headphones but I would have kept these had it not been for the build issues.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Very good performance, highly recommended
on 3 September 2014
Bought this headset as a replacement for my old Logitech G35's which unfortunately fell apart.. Literally.
It's safe to say that this is by far the best headset I've ever purchased. I have it coupled with an ROG Xonar Phoebus sound card and the sound quality is unparalleled, it's absolutely fantastic. I'm no audio tech but I can honestly say games, movies and music all sound truly fantastic with this headset.

One thing you should make yourself aware of is that this IS an analogue headset (2x3.5mm jacks) and it is also open cup so you can clearly hear everything going on around you when there's low volume sounds. I personally don't mind this but if you're looking for a good seal where you can't hear anything else other than your entertainment, then this headset just simply won't be for you. For those of you who are like me and do not mind hearing things that are going on around you, then get this headset. It's worth every single penny you spend on it.

The microphone quality is absolutely fantastic too, from the comments I've received thus far I can tell you the mic quality is crystal clear and cancels out background noise very well. On a side note, the earcups fit perfectly around your ears. They're rather large which is great for me as I've quite a large noggin' and ears, this thing just fits snugly. It's extremely light so you can barely notice that it's even on your head. Build quality is utterly amazing too, it feels genuinely solid and as if it will stand the test of time quite nicely.

TL;DR, get it.
on 25 August 2015
Previously owned the Sennheiser G4ME 360 PC version which I inadvertently snapped the mic boom off in a fit of rage (initially it dropped of the top of a wardrobe and was attempting to fix them).

This model/version comes with much crisper sound vs the older model, clear highs and mids and punchy bass but not muushy like other headsets *cough* turtle bitches *cough*. On the older version the mic boom never really worked correctly, you'd raise the arm and it'd mute fine, upon lowering it again to resume talking it would take roughly 10 seconds for it to "reconnect" and register audio again. This model works flawlessly.

This model has a braided cable which prevents it from twisting up, this was a nightmare on the old version as you'd have to bi-daily unravel all your cable management to untangle it and i'm very glad they have opted for this on the new headset.

COMFORT!!! The main reason for buying this type of headset was comfort, the previous model was identical in comfort, no pinching the tips of your ears, no head crushing pressure and lightweight, none of this has changed which is amazing!

Wish I could give this 6 stars!

1 con though, they're so comfy and lightweight that after a 4 hours gaming session you forget you have them on and nearly snap you neck haha.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Colour Name: BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have always liked Sennheiser headphones and these once again are well up to standard.

This set is the black and red set, that personally I think looks better than the white/red option.

The packaging is attractive and feels like it contains a premium product.

Build quality is as per usual top quality and although these are made entirely of plastic, they feel well made and durable.

Microphone performance is superb. I regularly play team based PvP games online and it is essential that your voice commands and instructions to other team members are clear and understandable. I have been told that from their end, my audio sounds great and is always easy to hear and understand. This really can make the difference between a win and a loss in competitive game-play.

The sound quality from the headphones is also very good indeed. I have a set of Sennhieser Momentums that I use for listening to music and this set of "gaming" headphones really is very close in sound quality. These are perhaps a little heavier in the bass department than the Momentums and the Momentums give the impression of a slightly tighter sound when listening to music, but these are certainly more than up to the job of listening to music for anyone other than a serious audiophile.

Other notable features are the flip up microphone that automatically mutes when you lift it away from your mouth and the rotary volume control on the right earcup.

These are also extremely comfortable in extended use. They are light weight and are deeply padded both around the ears and on the headband. The headband also provides just the right amount of pressure to keep them in place without becoming uncomfortable. Also, the open back design means that you don't get too hot around ears in extended use. The other side of the coin with open back earphones is that there can be a lot of sound-leakage both from the earphones to the outside and the other way round. I prefer this to closed back earphones for gaming though as I can still be aware of what is happening around me whilst fully involved in the game.

The cable is 3 metres long and finished in a chunky braided finish that helps prevent tangling. It also once again feels like a premium product. The connectors are standard 3.5mm jack plugs.

Lastly, these come with a 2 year warranty - but more than that, if these should break of go wrong after the warranty expires, Sennheiser have an enviable fixed price out of warranty repair/replace scheme.

Overall - Another great product from a very highly regarded manufacturer
on 5 March 2015
These headphones are very good. The microphone is AMAZING for a headset like this and the sound quality is great. The only problems with these is that they are very loud when turned up to max, and because they don't have any noise cancellation, whatever you're doing will be heard from a long distance. Also, because of the way these headphones curve, they seem to be a bit tight when around my neck, but I may just have a big neck.

Top quality headphones nonetheless.
on 26 August 2014
Bought as a replacement for 7.1 Razer Tiamat which frustrated me with poor ergonomics and flimsy microphone.

This headset offers great sound quality, very solid, pleasant build and awesome look.

The only shortfall is that the cable is attached on the same side as the microphone, so when the cable rubs on shirt collar producing loud scratching sounds. Much less so than the Tiamat however, so I can live with that
on 12 January 2015
Not much to say here except, great headset great sound really comfortable however one complaint... the cable from the headset to the controller is far too long for a headset designed for Xbox One or PS4, I ended up coiling the cable up into a tieback which is irritating & can not be resolved because the cable is fixed into the headset.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Colour Name: WhiteVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Sennheiser G4ME ONE headset comes in a well presented and smart looking packaging, the front is very minimalistic in pictures and information which I personally really liked. One thing that stood out to me is that it comes with a 2 year warranty, always a bonus over the 1 year warranty that is the norm for most products. Furthermore, on the back it shows you a breakdown of the headsets components and features.

Inside the box you just get the headset which has a fixed 3m braided cable (that splits off into a mic & headphone 3.5mm cable), there is no instruction manual or guarantee document, which doesn't effect me, but it it may do for some others.

Whilst the headset is extremely lightweight, it does feel very robust and of high quality, the pads on the headband and ear cups are also very soft.

The headset fits on well and is easily adjusted if need be, also due to the softness of the pads and how lightweight these are make them very comfortable.

There is only one control feature on the headset, which allows you to adjust the volume via the control wheel located on the right ear cup, which is easy to access and use.

Sound quality is fantastic, seems pretty crisp to me and can handle bass a lot better than other headsets I've owned in the past.

I've tried a whole different load of music genres from dub-step, country, electronic, rock & pop and these certainly handled them all very well, especially those heavy bass tracks.

Gaming with these are pretty awesome too, games such as Battlefield can seem a little intense when the action is getting hot, but for me that was a definite plus.

The microphone is also top-notch quality, I've tested it with windows 'Sound Recorder' and with my Olympus LS-14 sound recorder, to which both had output crisp recordings through the headsets mic.

The maximum time I've used these without taking them off was for around 2 hours and I had very little to no discomfort, so they do seem suitable to use for long periods of time.

This headset is undoubtedly a fantastic piece of kit which I would recommend, but they are in the premium price range, so make sure they're something you're going to get the most out off before purchasing.