5.0 out of 5 stars Dont want to finish it!!!
Published 7 months ago by John Cooper

3.0 out of 5 stars Twisted
Volume 4 lost it a little bit for me. Same great guy, same dark, gritty realism, but a little bit like - how do I end it? Who can I pull in from the past? Will buy volume 5 in the hope it's like volumes 123.
Published 2 months ago by J. Watkins

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont want to finish it!!!, 9 May 2014
This review is from: Twisted The DS Lasser series. Volume four.   (Kindle Edition)
The trouble with starting a good book, is that once you get into the flow with the characters a where the plot is going, you don't want it to end. Yes you know the 'Bad Guys' will be caught, but you don't want the chase to end. I felt like this all the way through the fourth in this series of DS Lasser books and if I was honest, the other 3 are as enjoyable. You should read them in sequence, as although these are separate stand alone stories, I always find that building up the history of the characters is a large part of any book. This book is fast paced and you can see the undercurrent of Lasser's history breaking through. He is a 'Good Cop', who's only aim is to get the 'Bad Guy', whatever it takes. He doesn't take orders too well and treads his own path and I feel that the author is old enough to remember 'The Sweeny' & 'D.I.Frost', as I feel that this type of true, but not always straight cop comes out in DS Lasser. If some producer happens to read one or two of these books, I could see this character in a mini TV series.
I would highly recommend all the 4 books in this series and unfortunately finished No. 4 last night, so I will have to wait until No. 5 is released. Happy hunting Lasser.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lasser Classic, 21 April 2014
An tense tale of murder resulting in the man hunt of a mentally unstable, vicious serial killer who is driven on by voices in his head. A clever plot which presents Lasser with a challenging case and a steady stream of bodies to collect along the way.

If you love a good, fast paced crime thriller then this is the book for you, brilliantly written and a very easy, satisfying read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading., 10 May 2014
DS Lasser goes from strength to strength. All the characters are believable human beings with flaws and foibles and the Wigan of the books is an excellently portrayed, realistic place which is character in itself. This is another great tale in the series. If you haven't read the earlier books, you're missing a trick ...

5.0 out of 5 stars the best yet, 11 July 2014
Sgt Lasser is fast becoming my hero, he won't rest until he's caught his bad guys, he's far from perfect but I'm getting to be rather fond of the curmudgeonly old sod!!

In my opinion this is the best in the series so far, blood and violence abound so don't read if you're easily offended or like your thrillers to be gentle Agatha Christie type whodunit

I like that the reader and the police know who the offender is, it makes for great reading how Flynn manages to escape their clutches over and over again, I got the identity of the "voice" in Flynns head wrong, I was convinced it was either his mother or sister, I won't give the game away and say who it was but I didn't guess so that was a good twist.

Hurry up Amazon and get the next Lasser book ready for download......I'm getting withdrawal symptoms already!

5.0 out of 5 stars awsome, 17 May 2014
i have read all the lasser series and i found it hard to put down my kindle i enjoy every one thanks
susan

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality drama, 7 Jun 2014
E. wilkins (Leicester) - See all my reviews
This is the second book from the series that I have read. I have enjoyed it just as much as the first. The stories are gritty and convincing. Full of twists and turns, with quite a few surprises. Well worth a read. Although I have read them out of order, it hasn't spoiled them for me. Keep up the good work.

5.0 out of 5 stars More please, 28 Jun 2014
All I can say is if you like Dixon of Dock Green don't buy these. If you like action, great story lines, addictive main character, a book you can get so absorbed in you don't want it to end and can virtually believe in buy all of them lock yourself away and spend hours totally indulging yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Aug 2014
I couldn't put this book down, I was totally enthralled by it, plot was brilliant and I'm downloading the next book in the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping stuff - love it!!, 13 Dec 2014
I love these books and bought all 5 on a whim. True there a moments of frustration with the spelling, grammar and punctuation but these are self- published works. I have been totally wrapped up in the excitement of the plotlines which are fast moving, tense and, at times, a little unnerving. This is an author who really deserves to be snapped up by a decent publisher, who would still allow the character of the writing to shine through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love lasser, 26 Jun 2014
Excellent series, can not wait for volume five. Banister and ladder make a good duo, both very bad tempered with good hearts.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›