5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely little firebowl
Published on 9 Aug 2011 by SophiaW

3.0 out of 5 stars its good for camping
its good for camping. however i wish id bought a chiminea now as the smoke blows in your face. i like it though. use it for burning bank statements etc
Published 5 days ago by mrs sarah l martin

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely little firebowl, 9 Aug 2011
What a little gem this fire bowl is, I'm so pleased I bought it. It's fairly small and low to the ground but perfect for what we want it for. We have enjoyed sitting outside in the evening watching the logs burn and chatting. The kids love it, they toss logs onto the fire every so often and have enjoyed toasting marshmallows. I love the fact it's portable and comes with a carry bag. This is going to be perfect for the beach and having a fire there in the evening. It is very quick and easy to set up, the legs simply fold down and you're ready to go. The fire bowl is very light too which makes carrying it a breeze. I can't say how durable it will be as it's a recent purchase but so far having used it several times it's looking almost like new still. If you put this on your lawn you will get a dead patch underneath the bowl so best to site it on stones, sand or paving. If you're looking for something portable, relatively inexpensive and easy to use this is definitely for you. I would recommend it.

Update: We've had this fire bowl for nearly a year now and it's still in great condition and we're still getting plenty of enjoyment from it. Top buy :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 10 Sep 2012
Product if fine if a little more lightweight than I was expecting but thats good for handling.
Very handy with the carry bag, useful for storing away by hanging it up.
One word of warning to future users. If you are using it on decking you need to raise it up slightly AND put a heat proof barrier to prevent burning the decking by the heat radiated underneath.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect large bbq and firepit, 1 Jun 2011
Excellent easy to use firepit/bbq good quality light and packs down easily and fits nicely into its carry bag. Perfect for for campervans and campers alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fire pit, 5 Oct 2011
I bought this as a present for my husband. We camp a lot, and this allows us to have a fire wthout damaging the ground below.
We ave it a trial run on his birthday and everyone enjoyed being able to sit around and feel the heat comfortably.
Easy to assemble and store. We'll put the camping fires to the test next year!

5.0 out of 5 stars Firebowl / BBQ - Folding, 31 Mar 2014
I ordered this last year as a Christmas Pressie for my dad. He wanted something he and my mum can use in the evenings, sitting outside on the patio with a glass of wine and having a nice fire to sit by. This works a treat.
To start with - its light weight, which is great for moving it around. The legs are held in place securely with a pin system - that you then pull out to close the legs down. Very simple, and very effective. Good sturdy legs as well.
The carry case is fine for its use, everything fits in nicely, although watch out for the ring on the top of the cover as this can scratch the inside of the fire bowl in transit. Its easy enough to take it off tho and put back on quickly.
We loaded the bowl up with some kindling to get the fire started, a bit of newspaper in the center and a standard square tower around this. We added more logs of increasing larger sizes over the course of 30-60 minutes and they went up perfectly.
the cover did prove very useful at stopping any ash fly around, especially form the newspaper to start with - it also seemed to stop any sparks flying out as well, really useful if you plan on sitting near it for warmth.

The underside - so the ground underneath, does get warm, and mum & dad have a decking area outside the back door but have paved patio around this, so I would advise placing onto stone only - grass maybe, but for a long period of time it may well darken the grass area - or burn it.

All in all, very pleased with the fire bowl - I have used it just this weekend as a way to get rid of some excess garden waste and the odd load of paper work as well - again the lid worked great keeping all ash from flying around. We are planning to use it for a trip to Dorset as well this year, use in the evenings for cooking on and then, as a fire.

I like thats its black as well so you dont get any burnt marks showing up. I would suggest packing away before it rains, as water will fill this up - and it may lead to rust spots.

Always let it cool down overnight if possible before moving / packing away.

Good price for the kit you get and speed delivery as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price, 11 Sep 2011
Took this camping and it did the job very well for the price. Kept us warm on chilly evenings and cooked bacon sandwiches for 3 tents' lot of people in no time. Didn't scorch the grass and, although it is wide, because the legs fold up it didn't take too much space in the car.

4.0 out of 5 stars Firepit, 23 July 2012
Overall a good value firepit, easily assembled and fits into carry case.
Ideal for garden camping with the kids!
Folding legs helps storage.

Two points to improve
- firepit needs a small drainage hole as fills with water if left outside
- don't leave in the rain - mine has gone rusty in places quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic buy, 13 Oct 2011
We were looking for a portable fire pit to go camping with, and this was perfect. It can be used as an open fire and/or BBQ, and it folds away for easy storage. The carry bag is excellent, so no worrying about getting soot over the rest of your stuff in the boot of your car. Excellent!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price, 6 Sep 2013
I have had the chance to use this for both cooking and as a fire pit over the summer in the garden and away camping.
The general build quality is 3/5. We use a fire pit at least once a week during the summer and a little less often the rest of the year and we believe that we will get 2 years out of this fire pit.
We recently hosted a BBQ which we catered for and cooked for 35 people all from the fire pit and later it became the heat source under the gazebo`s.
The legs are far to short for use on the grass so we had to use blocks to raise the height up to stop scorching. This does make it a bit of a safety issue where there are kids about (or clumsy drunks).
The folded, bagged up size makes it portable but its still on the large side. Really light too which is a bonus if your planning a beach BBQ or similar.
Overall we are very happy with the pit and would recommend it as a good, light, portable fire pit and BBQ.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect!, 17 Jun 2012
purchased one of these last year and cannot praise it highly enough! It handled being the main cooking point for me and a group of friends on a week long camping trip with ease, bbq for dinner then stick a fire log on for an evening round the campfire.

Initially was slightly worried that the coating on the bowl may not last (as the instructions warn that it may burn off) but the pit has shown no signs of losing any of its black!

folds down to fit in a mini full of camping gear, pops up in 30 seconds and the perfect size for a bag of easy lighting charcoal.