Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.49

on 23 June 2014
I was lucky to meet Sheila Quigley in WHSmith, Northumberland Street on Saturday where she signed this book for me and I read it over the weekend. This is the first book I have read and I loved it especially how the book is set in my area of the country so when statues are mentioned I can say yes I have walked past them. Once I started to read this I could not put it down. Will definitely be wanting to purchase her other books that are available for my kindle.

I edited the above as I had to read more by Sheila so off to the library I went and cleared the shelves I now have to read in the next 28 days:-

Run for Home
Bad Moon Rising
Living on a Prayer
Every Breath you Take
Thorn in my Side
Nowhere Man
The Final Countdown

Almost finished Run for Home.
on 20 April 2014
Excellent Sheila's books always have twists to them that you dont see coming and leave you wanting more. Cant wait for the next one.
on 6 May 2014
You have to read this - following on the super series from the north-east (Houghton near Sunderland for the uninitiated) the next in line for crime, acts of violence and gritty real-life you'll live the experiences of the group of people on the estate which seems to attract the low-life among the salt-of-the-earth. Whllst you do not need to have read the previous stories, you'll want to dp so after reading this. Recommended.
on 17 November 2014
Decent book! Quick finish things left hanging slightly. Enjoyed other Seahills series more. Being a Houghton Le Spring lad born & bred its great to know location. Thank goodness Houghton isn't really like Sheila paints it. Its a small ex mining town. Rather quite really
on 23 April 2014
Lady in Red has been an excellent read, all the old characters back from The Seahills. Sheila has written another brilliant page turner, thoroughly enjoyed it! Keep them coming, can't wait for the next instalment.
on 23 April 2014
Fab read just like all her books. loved the twist and turns of the story, Staying true to form she has written another super book. I only tend to read UK authors and this is up the top with the rest. The only negative is that it kept me from my housework as I couldn't put it down for long. Cant wait for the next book to be published.

Ildi Naughton Berry
on 4 August 2014
Okay, but definitely not one of her best. I've read all The Seahills books and couldn't wait for this one. I was left disappointed by the weak story line and unanswered questions - such as who was Dev, who did he want to hurt so badly, and why? Maybe that's been left for the next one but I think it should have been tidied up a little in this edition. However, what annoyed me the most were the typos that should have been picked up by the sub-editors.
on 6 January 2016
Written with the usual Sheila Quigley talent. but I was disappointed at what I thought was a sudden ending. I felt there should have been more to the story. I actually read this on my new Kindle paperwhite and had to check that I had reached the end of the book and that there wasn't an error in the download!
on 13 October 2014
I waited a long time for this book and couldnt put it down once i started to read it i would recommend it however compared to her other seahills books i feel the ending wasnt up to her usual standard but i still fully enjoyed the book so please Sheila dont leave it so long next time for the follow up..
on 9 June 2014
Ending rather abrupt without much explanation of murders motivation and development no idea what Darren was doing in the old house too many fringe characters interesting Tyneside connections maybe try another by same author to see if any better