5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant story, beautifully written, 28 April 2014
Stair "Stair" (Northumberland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Journey Somewhere - A Contemporary Romance Novel (Kindle Edition)
This is such a good book and with a powerful contemporary message. I was expecting a lightweight chick lit romance and I got so much more. Suzie must surely have written some of this with the benefit of personal experiences, it's too authentic and true to life; the only gripe I have is that I was awake until four AM to finish it and today has been tricky.
The other point I'd like to highlight is the high quality editing and proofreading, good punctuation, grammar and structure: things I find missing in too many of the other pretenders in this genre.

A highly recommended read and in a different league to the Gerri Hill type of very light (but still very enjoyable) romance. Thank you Ms Carr.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reach for the Stars, 13 Oct. 2014
This is the follow up to "Tangerine Twist".

Time has now passed and Kelly is settled with Bonnie a dog in a condo thinking of marriage and a family. Becca is now a famous folk musician bringing in the crowds and lots of adoring fans.

What will happen to Kelly if she accepts the job as Becca's photographer? Can things stay the same with Bonnie or will they change?

Although you can read this book as a one off I think that it needs to be read after reading "Tangerine Twist". The first book shows you what happened to Becca and her raise to fame. This book takes you through Kelly's life, relationships and emotional turmoil that face her along the way.

In the midst you still have Margie holding it all together. She I thought was the glue that held the house of cards together. The go between that anyone would love to have as a friend.

This is not just a story Suzie in her own imitable way has thrown a few gems of wisdom in this book. Do you want to "Look Outside the Box" or stay in your comfortable job. Do you want to grasp for your dreams or let them slip away.

I can not give this book enough plaudits there are so many things that have struck home that I think everyone should read it. This is not just a straight forward romance book it is an instruction manual on life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait, 17 April 2014
Having read all of Suzie Carr's books (the muse still my favourite of them all) I always felt that tangerine twist left a lot to be answered and this sequel does exactly that! It was great to read this book from Kelly's point of view and I love the person that Becca has become since starting her journey. I'm not great with words so I'll sum this review up by saying it's a great reminder that in life if you want something, don't sit still and wait for it to happen, go and make it happen!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful addition to my collection with its own special place in my heart, 26 Aug. 2014
This is a lovely continuation of Kelly and Becca's story that started in Tangerine Twist. One of Suzie's talents as an author is creating believable characters who you can empathise with and grow along with as their story develops. This sequel focuses more on Kelly than Becca, but for me that was ok, having read Tangerine Twist, I was keen to know more about her. By writing the book from this perspective, means that it complements Tangerine twist nicely and in such a way that you get to see both characters stories, lives and perspectives on their relationship. The authors attention to detail In reciting their experiences with adversity is so touching and emotionally charged, it will leave you looking at your own life and appreciating what you have all the more. Beautifully written and heartfelt. I loved it

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this to any reader that likes to engage with the characters of a book and take them away as friends long after they have put the book down, As Suzie herself says, you don't have to read Tangerine Twist first to appreciate their story, but its definitely well worth reading it, not just to learn more about Becca, but to add another one of Suzies jewels to your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars phot success, 6 Jun. 2014
I found this a lovely book, and so reminiscent of many relationships, that are not right at the moment, and sometimes if we were given a different time, we would have found perfect love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great story from Suzie Carr, 22 April 2014
I had looked forward to the follow-up to Tangerine Twist to see where Becca James story would go. Imagine my surprise and delight when I read this book. Another great story of romance and chemistry between the main characters. Well worth its 5 star rating

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 Feb. 2015
I read her book Tangerine Twist which was good but the ending left me a little disappointed until I read this book which is the sequel it is so good I read it in a day and everything fell into place about the first book absolutely brilliant I cant wait to read more of her books,

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the sequel Tangerine Twist, 19 Mar. 2015
Great follow up to Tangerine Twist. Suzie Carr writes a story that's a feel good story and this is just as good. To see Kelly with Bonnie was interesting as Bonnie had dreams but forgot them and almost drags Kelly to her way of thinking. Then Becca reappears and has Kelly thinking about if she really loves Bonnie
If you read Tangerine Twist then read the follow up its worth it.
A well deserved 4+ stars