5.0 out of 5 stars great read
Great read. A delightful story of the life of a woman wanting to get into tv. Perseverance is the key.
Published 11 months ago by rosemary lindsay

1.0 out of 5 stars Part of me died....don't waste you time...
So as a freebie was happy to give this a go.....please don't bother wasting your money or your time as part of my kindle app and I died in the first few pages.....it's part of my life I'll never recover....

Published 1 month ago by Paula

1.0 out of 5 stars Part of me died....don't waste you time..., 14 Mar. 2015

Written in a "journal" style, I thought it would be a quick, easy, light funny read....it is clumsy, child like, difficult to read and seriously incompetent as a piece of writing....in fact calling it 'writing' is flattery for this excuse of a book.

I could take random phrases and words picked out by my dog by popping his paw on a red top paper to construct a more plausible journal entry type novel....

I cannot imagine any publisher would have actually considered this...wish I hadn't.....shakes head, last seen rocking backwards and forwards facing a wall, drinking another glass of wine in the hope of forgetting the whole experience......

1.0 out of 5 stars dont bother, 8 Feb. 2015
Lesley Brown - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Diary of a Wannabe Shopping Channel Presenter (Kindle Edition)
Terrible. I don't often write negative reviews but it was shocking. Read about 30% then deleted it from my kindle

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 14 Mar. 2015
Stick to the presenting dear

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry but........., 17 Dec. 2014
B. Farnan "Bub" (Original Washington) - See all my reviews
I didn't get as far as page 10!!

Life is too short!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 18 May 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly terrible, 12 May 2014
As a huge fan of Debbie I had, until this book, avoided reading her novels for fear of being let down, and that influencing my opinion of her. I wish I had stuck to that plan.

I understand why her fans would rave and puff her up with reviews saying how brilliant this book is, because she's a lovely lady and full of fun and frivolity. Unfortunately, I found this book lacking in any humour, intelligence, style, panache, or any other praise-worthy adjective. I too was tempted to just please the author and say it was great, but really, come on, it's just not.

The grammar, punctuation, and style of constructing sentences and paragraphs is atrocious. It's a very immature writing style, and seems to either not have been 'beta'd' or the author needs to find a new editor or beta reader. There are far too many mistakes for this to be published, even on the first page. The style of writing makes it so very hard to understand and follow properly that, as another reviewer said, I had to skip large chunks of text because it became just too difficult to make sense of.

The large bulk of the text or 'story' seemed to be centred around the party that the protagonist crashed, but it dragged on and on and on so long, with so much 'filling', that I have to admit I just speed read and skipped over much of that part.

I was expecting this book to be filled with hilarious 'in jokes' as the 'Wannabe' attended a group of interviews with more experienced presenters, as is the norm in the real world. I expected to find out things about dressing rooms, make-up mishaps, items failing during presentations, duty rota arguments, freebies for the staff (or not), canteen food, perks of the job, who fancied who, who are the divas, real side of relationships with guest presenters and suppliers, friction with back-room staff...along with all the other gossip-type subjects that devoted QVC fans would love to know. Sadly, it wasn't.

As for the ending...was that an attempt to add tension and drama into a supposedly comic story? Why? It didn't work, in my opinion. No resolution given at all, and what about her female boss and the 'story' she was supposed to be working on. Did that get resolved? I didn't read that it did, but it could be in one of the bits I skipped over.

My advice is, don't waste your money on this book. Watch QVC instead. It's far more entertaining in reality.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 14 Mar. 2015
Mrs. M. M. Waters "marie1954" (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
Utter s***e

1.0 out of 5 stars It's not funny at all, 15 Dec. 2014
The lead character is an unlikeable dimwit. The writing style is very immature and difficult to read that most of the time I just glossed over. It's not funny at all. Don't bother with this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 6 Jan. 2015
Oh my gosh the book was as bad as watching her on QVC.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible.., 27 April 2014
I think everyone else must have been reading a different book to me.
Fantastic? Seriously?

I've avoided Debbie"s earlier offerings as i don't do smaltzy love stories, but being a QVC addict the subject matter of this book interested me more.

Jesus, it's terrible. The lead character isn't particularly likeable, she's forced its false - in fact everything is so clichéd. I was hoping for some of Debbie's bright confident personality bit there is none of that.
I'd describe the story line as a (bad) cross between, Bridget Jones and the French and Saunders shopping telly skit. (V. funny, YouTube it), but slightly more farcical. I'm thinking with the silliness it might be better as a 'teen' book.. It's that sort of humour.
It doesn't help it reads like Debbie wrote it all in about three weeks.

I can't recommend it, bar saying its cheap and a short read.. Wishing it had come with a thirty day money back guarantee tho.