4.0 out of 5 stars Well priced 32" TV with excellent picture quality
This was a second TV purchase, I have a 40" (Samsung) downstairs in the front room and wanted something big, but not massive for upstairs.
The samsung is quite well priced for 32" screen model, it doesn't have any big wow features (no smart features) but does the job pretty well for the price and the screen is excellent in terms of clarity and detail

My...
Published 3 months ago by Mr Baz

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm pretty sure they are now just mass producing rubbish to ...
Samsung quality has gone to the gutter, I'm pretty sure they are now just mass producing rubbish to send out for quick sales. I had to send back multiple Samsung monitors due to dead pixels and bleeding and I now having to do the same with this TV. First one had a big white pixel appear after one day of having it, and now the replacement has a big dead/stuck red&black...
Published 1 month ago by Northerner

4.0 out of 5 stars Well priced 32" TV with excellent picture quality, 4 Jun 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Samsung UE32H5000 32-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LED TV with Freeview HD (Electronics)

My quick fire good and bad list

Pros:
+ Good value for a 32" TV
+ Full HD 1080p 1920 x 1080 LED backlit display, it looks great with excellent contrast, details and colours. Good viewing angles too. 100Hz refresh rate
+ Has freeview/freeview HD built in
+ USB input for playing back movie/music/photos
+ Headphone socket, Scart and Digital audio out
+ Supplied remote works well and has good range
+ Slim bezel, TV's are getting better here less case more compact size

Cons:
- Limited to 2x HDMI inputs (enough for me but for front room use you might want more)
- Sound output lacks bass response, it's loud enough and not too bad, but like a lot of lower priced TV's sound is acceptable but nothing to shout about. I'd look to invest in a sound bar if sound is a high priority
- No smart/or wired/wireless LAN (not a problem for me at this price point and not required I have devices to do this)

This fitted my needs very well as I wanted something decent but didn't require any network abilities (I've plenty of devices that I can stream from to meet this need) Picture quality is very good easily as good as my main TV downstairs if not a bit better in some ways... very impressive in this area. Do take a bit of time to adjust the settings though there are a number of easy pre-set profiles (or you can adjust it yourself, def boost the bass response over the default) these make quite a difference over the standard settings out of the "box" so to speak

Very happy with the TV overall recommended and a good buy

5.0 out of 5 stars superb picture quality, 28 Jun 2014
Initial impression is 5 star. Really crisp picture and sound is pretty good too. To get the best out of the screen you need to adjust the settings a bit. I found that dynamic image and cinema sound gave the best result for us.
You need to set the picture definition seperately for each input type as they are all initially set as standard - and altering one does not alter the setting on the other inputs.
Overall, excellent value

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic tv, 24 Jun 2014
Great picture quality and good sound if a little hollow. Use movie picture setting for best overall picture. Small amount of motion blur on a fast moving football but this is an LED tv problem and I can live with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung UE32H5000 32-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LED TV with Freeview HD, 17 Aug 2014
This is the first good HD tv that we have ever owned. I was looking for a trustworthy make with a good model for less than 260. After comparing various Samsung, Sony and Panasonic models, I settled on this, preferring it over the Sony KDL32R433 as, when viewing both TVs on display in the shop, the Samsung certainly had noticeably superior sound, even though there is only 4W of difference between speakers of the two TVs.

The only disappointment is that this TV does not permit the recording of programmes to USB or portable hard drive. There is very little reflection from the screen, the picture is sharp and crisp, there are many options to adjust colour and associated settings. No motion blur, frozen/dead pixels. The sound is good, though to my ears a little stuck within the telly/muffled, for want of a better way of potting it. There is nothing wrong with my hearing, I should point out. That said, the sound is sufficiently good enough that I do not consider the purchase of a sound bar necessary, though of course it would be a nice and would make the TV sound top notch. Even my partially deaf mother considers this TV's sound to be sufficiently loud enough and clear enough for her to enjoy programmes.

We just have a normal aerial, but we can receive and display a number of HD channels, via Freeview, using this TV. Previously, with our old Bauer TV we could not access and display these HD channels via Freeview (that TV cost 147 and packed up after just one year and ten months).

I can play my PS2 and old DVDs (both NTSC & PAL formats) fine and all look very good. However, the DVD menu screens look poor quality with the images having jagged edges. When viewing the standard, non HD channels, pictures are noticeably less crisp, as though the footage has been captured during a heat wave. By that, I mean that if you were to lay on a tarmac surface on a hot day and view someone sitting further away on the tarmac, they would appear to "shimmer" - you get a kind of "heat ripple" - that, to a minor degree is what viewing standard channels is like. Also, when viewing standard programmes, when people move their heads, pixels blur and merge a little, giving a less crisp appearance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth the Price, 12 Aug 2014
For price/picture quality it can't be beat. It's even on par with more expensive models in terms of picture quality. I never cared for all the smart TV stuff just wanted a TV that focuses on picture quality first and this fit my needs perfectly. Can't comment on standard def picture with this as only use it for high deinition stuff and it really shines.

There is one issue though, the infamous Samsung panel lottery where the same model TV has a different panel in other than a Samsung one. According to those in the know quality can vary greatly depending on which panel you get. For more info on all this google will give you more details. Mine has a Samsung panel according to the hidden service menu on the TV so I'm basing this review off that panel. But I doubt I would have noticed much difference with another panel in, but wrote this to let people know.

Also one more thing is the picture out of the box can do with some calibration. The best settings I found from looking on forums and calibating with a few tools I have are as follows. Makes a huge difference and brings out this TV's excellent picture. Try them yourself, see what you think, can always change the settings if you don't like those settings.:

Picture Mode: Movie
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
Colour Space: Auto
White Balance: leave as it is set
Gamma: 0
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
HDMI Black Level: Normal
Film Mode: Auto 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Super value for money, 19 Jun 2014
Samsung has delivered a winner here. The quality of picture is stunning, the sound is good enough to fill a decent sized living room and the appearance of the product is pretty gorgeous. Can't think of a downside at the moment. Go for this.,.. this would be the best 270 GBP you could spend on a TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb TV, 29 Jun 2014
We bought this TV for our Son's 14th birthday and he loves it. It has a very clear picture and 'football mode', which changes the picture and the sound to give best viewing. My Son uses it for PS3 rather than TV at the moment and it is perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbeatable value, 20 July 2014
R. Thomas - See all my reviews
This is a fantastic TV, which is truly incredible for the price. The picture quality is great and the sound is surprisingly good. The colours were very oversaturated, but the inbuilt movie mode fixes that.

Not a smart TV, but that is easily and cheaply remedied with a Chromecast, making this a perfect value buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic picture quality and sound, 12 Aug 2014
R. L. Morgan (Cambridgeshire) - See all my reviews
I have already purchased the 40" version of this from elsewhere and I cannot fault it. The same applies to this 32" version; it's design is beautfiul, especially when considering the price. Sound is great despite its thin form, with no tininess and clear, full sound. Picture quality is the best I've ever seen on a Full HD 32" television, and the array of options enable one to suit one's on preferences. The motion smoothing only appears to work properly on HD sources or HD Freeview channels, and its a good feature to have. The price just amplifies how superb this television already is. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! FANTASTIC!!, 3 July 2014
K. Grunwald - See all my reviews
Excellent! It does link to a laptop through HDMI even though the spec says NO to computer monitor.
Yes it takes some fiddling and given the amount of settings it can take a while to get used to all the settings.
In time you will get it to a good picture then with more fiddling a very good picture and eventually a superb picture.
Only one niggle. I have it in a bedroom connected to a Tesco bought aerial. Perhaps that is why I can't receive HD 106 or 107?
The other HD channels are great though.
DVDs are excellent and it upscaling is excellent as well.
Finally: I fancy myself as a bit of a tv buff and normally would not buy a tv that isn't plasma. Of course there are no small plasma tvs to be had now so I was forced to buy LED and so I am both surprised and delighted at how great this little tv is.:)