5.0 out of 5 stars Well priced 32" TV with excellent picture quality
This was a second TV purchase, I have a 40" (Samsung) downstairs in the front room and wanted something big, but not massive for upstairs.
The samsung is quite well priced for 32" screen model, it doesn't have any big wow features (no smart features) but does the job pretty well for the price and the screen is excellent in terms of clarity and detail

My...
Published 7 months ago by Mr Baz

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty
Quick delivery. The TV looks great, easy to set up, happy with sound and picture. Unfortunately, the TV stopped working after 3hrs (half of the screen went black), so I'm getting a refund. As usual, Amazon is very efficient when it comes to returns.
Published 29 days ago by Zuzana Kubatova

5.0 out of 5 stars Well priced 32" TV with excellent picture quality, 4 Jun. 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Samsung UE32H5000 32-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LED TV with Freeview HD (Electronics)

My quick fire good and bad list

Pros:
+ Good value for a 32" TV
+ Full HD 1080p 1920 x 1080 LED backlit display, it looks great with excellent contrast, details and colours. Good viewing angles too.
+ Has freeview/freeview HD built in
+ USB input for playing back movie/music/photos
+ Headphone socket, Scart and Digital audio out
+ Supplied remote works well and has good range
+ Slim bezel, TV's are getting better here less case more compact size

Cons:
- Limited to 2x HDMI inputs (enough for me but for front room use you might want more)
- Sound output lacks bass response, it's loud enough and not too bad, but like a lot of lower priced TV's sound is acceptable but nothing to shout about. I'd look to invest in a sound bar if sound is a high priority
- No smart/or wired/wireless LAN (not a problem for me at this price point and not required I have devices to do this)

This fitted my needs very well as I wanted something decent but didn't require any network abilities (I've plenty of devices that I can stream from to meet this need) Picture quality is very good easily as good as my main TV downstairs if not a bit better in some ways... very impressive in this area. Do take a bit of time to adjust the settings though there are a number of easy pre-set profiles (or you can adjust it yourself, def boost the bass response over the default) these make quite a difference over the standard settings out of the "box" so to speak

Very happy with the TV overall recommended and a good buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth the Price, 12 Aug. 2014
For price/picture quality it can't be beat. It's even on par with more expensive models in terms of picture quality. I never cared for all the smart TV stuff just wanted a TV that focuses on picture quality first and this fit my needs perfectly. Can't comment on standard def picture with this as only use it for high deinition stuff and it really shines.

There is one issue though, the infamous Samsung panel lottery where the same model TV has a different panel in other than a Samsung one. According to those in the know quality can vary greatly depending on which panel you get. For more info on all this google will give you more details. Mine has a Samsung panel according to the hidden service menu on the TV so I'm basing this review off that panel. But I doubt I would have noticed much difference with another panel in, but wrote this to let people know.

Also one more thing is the picture out of the box can do with some calibration. The best settings I found from looking on forums and calibating with a few tools I have are as follows. Makes a huge difference and brings out this TV's excellent picture. Try them yourself, see what you think, can always change the settings if you don't like those settings.:

Picture Mode: Movie
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
Colour Space: Auto
White Balance: leave as it is set
Gamma: 0
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
HDMI Black Level: Normal
Film Mode: Auto 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard to beat., 8 Dec. 2014
Plus points - excellent picture quality and sound o.k. Both have several selectable settings.
You can view videos and photographs and programmes recorded on USB sticks from other devices [Computer, satellite receivers, etc;] directly from the USB port. Just plug in, select USB from the TV input options, and away you go.
Connecting a tablet via the HDMI 2 port allows you to view the internet full screen. Great for You Tube videos. Picture quality is excellent. I have 2 satellite receivers, a DVD recorder and an Audio amp permanently hooked up, all easily selectable from the menu, plus additional USB and HDMI inputs when required. Picture quality from all inputs is excellent.
I like the Dynamic picture mode which allows you to view the TV in changing light. When the sun shone through the window on to my old LG TV I couldn't see a thing but no problems with this Samsung.

Minus points. - [1] The handbook is very poor and gives no information about inputs/outputs on back of the TV. I assumed [I know, always dangerous!] that the audio outputs were analogue. Wrong! They are optical digital outputs, so if you want to connect up to an old analogue amp. [mine's a Pioneer A 209-R] you need to buy a digital to analogue converter. Thankfully the inexpensive but excellent eSync Digital Optical Coaxial Toslink to Analogue Stereo RCA Audio Converter, available on Amazon, does the trick.

I find the remote handset rather small compared to others and although it's something I've got used to it still niggles.
The script of the on screen programme guide is on the small side too, so I use the guide on my old Panasonic DVD recorder which is much clearer. On screen reaction time after depressing the handset buttons for some functions seems slow too, but it's something I've got used to.

I've had the TV about 3 months now and overall I'm really pleased with it, especially at this price. With a 'normal' size remote and a clearer programme guide it would have received 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality, 29 Dec. 2014
After 10 years of happy marriage to my massive Toshiba widescreen (the old fashioned type the size of a fridge freezer) I finally decided it was time to move into the 21st century and purchase one of these new fangled LED TVs the width of a paperback book.

With so many LED TVs out there, I spent literally hours researching these blasted things, until my head was spinning! By the end of it, I was almost an expert in the field! I had written off any HD Ready TVs pretty early on and decided that Full HD was the best option (luckily my budget allowed for it) and I knew that 32 inches was the maximum size I needed, so all that was left was to find a decent make with good reviews. I've since learned that trying to buy a specific electrical item during the Christmas sales is a big mistake - everywhere either has very limited stocks, or they remove anything which isn't in the sale until later on - at least five stores I approached said this model wasn't available. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I finally got my hands on this little beauty, and I must say it's a cracker! From tearing open the box, it was set up and running within 20 minutes. No glitches, no head scratching - just a lovely stress-free experience over a cup of tea! I've not used the built in FreeView, opting instead to connect it up to a HD Freesat box, and the picture quality is really really good - I couldn't be happier. The sound also is perfect - some reviews have mentioned the sound not being that great and requiring a sound bar to assist, but to my ears at least it is spot on.

Give me another 10 years and I might upgrade my DVD player to Blu-ray too!

For the price I paid, I can’t imagine getting anything better than this, and with a 5-year guarantee thrown in, it is an absolute bargain.

Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty, 29 Dec. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars superb picture quality, 28 Jun. 2014
Initial impression is 5 star. Really crisp picture and sound is pretty good too. To get the best out of the screen you need to adjust the settings a bit. I found that dynamic image and cinema sound gave the best result for us.
You need to set the picture definition seperately for each input type as they are all initially set as standard - and altering one does not alter the setting on the other inputs.
Overall, excellent value

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb tv set for under £250, 6 Sept. 2014
What a superb tv set. Who wants smart tv's anyway, a tv is a tv. get a life! I spent some time changing the settings to what another Amazon amateur reviewer recommended on 12 th Aug., and was very disheartened to see washed out colour. Changed the setting back to 'Natural'. and hey presto, superb colour, prettty good sound and everything sparkling like proper proffesional reviewers have said this set can produce!

5.0 out of 5 stars I only ever buy Samsung televisions as the picture and reliability is superior to any other, 29 Nov. 2014
Can't fault this TV. I only ever buy Samsung televisions as the picture and reliability is superior to any other. A shortcoming is the sound quality but I have a Samsung Soundbar so I mute the TV audio anyway. I don't need smart functionality as I have both a Chromecast and a Freesat box with loads of built in features.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... TV a couple of days ago and I'm really happy with it, 16 Sept. 2014
Received this TV a couple of days ago and I'm really happy with it. Although I've not got too much to add that other reviews haven't, I would add that the guide is extremely good. It's always annoying when you go to the guide and it automatically changes the channel as you move, thankfully this isn't the case here, Samsung appear to have nailed it in this area.

My only complaints would be that the various ports and slots are mounted fairly high on the TV, which makes things quite tight on cable length. For instance, we have optical cable for the sound system, and I had to shuffle everything about to get it to reach, just seems a little unnecessary.

I wouldn't consider these very minor faults to be an issue, it's a great set, very sleek and stylish and at the price we paid a total snip.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung UE32H5000 32-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LED TV with Freeview HD, 17 Aug. 2014
This is the first good HD tv that we have ever owned. I was looking for a trustworthy make with a good model for less than £260. After comparing various Samsung, Sony and Panasonic models, I settled on this, preferring it over the Sony KDL32R433 as, when viewing both TVs on display in the shop, the Samsung certainly had noticeably superior sound, even though there is only 4W of difference between speakers of the two TVs.

The only disappointment is that this TV does not permit the recording of programmes to USB or portable hard drive. There is very little reflection from the screen, the picture is sharp and crisp, there are many options to adjust colour and associated settings. No motion blur, frozen/dead pixels. The sound is good, though to my ears a little stuck within the telly/muffled, for want of a better way of potting it. There is nothing wrong with my hearing, I should point out. That said, the sound is sufficiently good enough that I do not consider the purchase of a sound bar necessary, though of course it would be a nice and would make the TV sound top notch. Even my partially deaf mother considers this TV's sound to be sufficiently loud enough and clear enough for her to enjoy programmes.

We just have a normal aerial, but we can receive and display a number of HD channels, via Freeview, using this TV. Previously, with our old Bauer TV we could not access and display these HD channels via Freeview (that TV cost £147 and packed up after just one year and ten months).

I can play my PS2 and old DVDs (both NTSC & PAL formats) fine and all look very good. However, the DVD menu screens look poor quality with the images having jagged edges. When viewing the standard, non HD channels, pictures are noticeably less crisp, as though the footage has been captured during a heat wave. By that, I mean that if you were to lay on a tarmac surface on a hot day and view someone sitting further away on the tarmac, they would appear to "shimmer" - you get a kind of "heat ripple" - that, to a minor degree is what viewing standard channels is like. Also, when viewing standard programmes, when people move their heads, pixels blur and merge a little, giving a less crisp appearance.