5.0 out of 5 stars Great 40 inch Samsung TV
Published 1 month ago by revcoling

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful support from Samsung
I bought a similar Samsumg TV, nothing wrong with the picture but the plastic stand stem cracked, and the TV fell off, apparently a known fault. Samsung support and customer service was dreadful, took days to get someone to discuss the failure and showed no interest in fixing the problem.
If you are looking for a product from a manufacturer that provides reasonable...
Published 4 months ago by warb

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 40 inch Samsung TV, 23 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Samsung 40H5500 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Smart LED TV with Wi-Fi Direct and Freeview HD (Personal Computers)
Excellent purchase, very pleased. This was a replacement for a 32inch three year old Toshiba (non smart) which had been poor from the start. Blacks were poor and grainy, sound flat and rattled at anything above quiet, and in the last few months would only work if you turned it off at the mains waited 20 seconds and switched on again. So though it wasn't that old we bought this. What a difference. Great picture and sound that is pleasant to listen to with reasonable power; and because of its very thin surround not that much wider than the 32inch.
It is every much a smart tv. On first run the first thing it does is to get you to get it linked to the internet. Cable or wi-fi is available we chose the latter and setting it up was a breeze. I guess you can use it without this connection but I never explored that but presumably you wouldn't buy a Smart TV to use it as a dumb set. It has a good range of apps built in including all the catch ups, not just BBC iplayer. The inbuilt browser is a bit tortuous using the remote, but that's innevitable, and maybe a bit slower than a PC in reacting- but it works if you need it; I'll stick with iPad and laptop for the most part. You can link into all sorts of other stuff with it's inbuilt hub, which we haven't really explored yet.
It doesn't have a VGA input but my laptop gives a brilliant picture using HDMI so i don't need it. We've a Wii which works well through the VIDEO/sound plugs and a DVD player that's happy with the SCART.
We think it's a great bit of kit, just regret the 3 years with its predecessor!

5.0 out of 5 stars Full-featured smart TV, 29 Aug. 2014
Tom Douglas (U.K.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
The H5500 is an excellent full-featured smart TV that does everything you could currently want from a TV, has an excellent picture, and at 40 inches is a good size for most living rooms.

Apart from being a TV, is have the following key extra:
- in-built wifi, so it can update itself and connect with other devices; it can also be connected with a cat 5 cable instead of wifi
- freeview HD built-in
- Samsung smart TV, which has apps such as Netflix and BBC iplayer just a menu button away
- USB ports, so you can play movies, music and photos straight from a usb memory stick
- Smartview, which connects other Samsung devices, allowing you to watch TV on your smartphone or tablet, or send content from these to the TV

Despite all these features it is very easy to use and looks and sounds great.

A perfect family TV. Five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Sept. 2014
easy to use but had to have help installing but I am a senior citizen technophobe

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd bought it before Christmas!, 13 Mar. 2015
Nigel Brett "Tollman" (Devon, England.) - See all my reviews
A friend had bought one of these at Christmas and was raving about it, we were considering replacing our old 32" so I started looking at different sites and reading the reviews.
Took the plunge about a month agoand like all the best purchases you make, I wish I'd bought one sooner!
Set up is easy and the wi-fi connected without any problem, The set starts from whichever remote we use (T.V, PRV or Blu Ray player) We use the Humax recorder so are able to record two channels at once whilst watching a pre recorded programme.
The smart functions are very useful and browsing the Internet is easy, the picture qaulity is very good and the thin "frame" makes it look very stylish.
Would recommend totally!

5.0 out of 5 stars recommended., 23 Dec. 2014
Fantastic Wi Fi connection and a lovely thin design. Great picture quality and the sound quality is good to. Easy to navigate your way through each app.

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied so far, 13 Feb. 2015
Michael Doyle - See all my reviews
I have had this set for about a week now and have tried quite a few of it's features and can say I am extremely satisfied with my purchase at the moment. Once I plugged in the aerial and power cable I found it a doddle to mount and setup and by following the instructions in the e-manual which I read on screen that helped with everything else.
Everything is so clear and sharp especially the programs in HD. I give it four stars.
Another star is for the delivery. It came two days before delivery date.
Therefore 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up, 4 Feb. 2015
Great value for money, set up very easy only glitch was when entering post code so TV could connect to correct regional TV, remember to use upper case and put in space. TV has football mode but we didn't like it, too bright, this isn't a problem we just don't use that function.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing picture., 14 Oct. 2014
The picture is amazing, the main reason why I chose this TV. I mostly use my PS4 for gaming now, and I must say I love it! I haven't tried out any of the other features that the Smart TV has to offer, but that seems to have great features to. If your looking for a good TV for a decent amount, then this is great. The reason why I wouldn't of given this a 4 star is due to the sound, the same with most thin TV's, but there is no problem in that as I definitely will purchase a sound bar.

Pro's
-Excellent picture
-VESA holes on the back for wall mounting, I was going to get the SONY Bravia but decided not to as it didn't have any VESA holes on the back to wall mount, which was a shame.
-Easy to set up, access apps etc.
-Great design, thin bezel.
-Great overall TV

Con's
-The sound isn't to good, but same with most of the TV's now. That's why I wouldn't of given it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent TV, 15 Mar. 2015
Excellent value Smart TV wth a superb HD picture. Only complaint so far is that it does not have a swivel stand. The stand provided is 'fixed'

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with the TV, 11 Mar. 2015
Very pleased with the TV. Clear picture, sound pretty good too and easy to set up.
Good value for money. This is my 3rd Samsung TV.