5.0 out of 5 stars Well priced 32" TV with excellent picture quality
This was a second TV purchase, I have a 40" (Samsung) downstairs in the front room and wanted something big, but not massive for upstairs.
The samsung is quite well priced for 32" screen model, it doesn't have any big wow features (no smart features) but does the job pretty well for the price and the screen is excellent in terms of clarity and detail

My...
Published 6 months ago by Mr Baz

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent but falls short.
This is a review of the 48" H5000.

The H5000 is probably the best budget 1080p LED you can buy at the moment. There are aspects of its performance which are very good. Blacks and contrast are impressive, colours are accurate and the design is attractive. So three stars!

Picture processing is not quite as good. The TV cannot properly display 24p Blu...
Published 2 months ago by T. C. Osborne

5.0 out of 5 stars Well priced 32" TV with excellent picture quality, 4 Jun 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)

My quick fire good and bad list

Pros:
+ Good value for a 32" TV
+ Full HD 1080p 1920 x 1080 LED backlit display, it looks great with excellent contrast, details and colours. Good viewing angles too.
+ Has freeview/freeview HD built in
+ USB input for playing back movie/music/photos
+ Headphone socket, Scart and Digital audio out
+ Supplied remote works well and has good range
+ Slim bezel, TV's are getting better here less case more compact size

Cons:
- Limited to 2x HDMI inputs (enough for me but for front room use you might want more)
- Sound output lacks bass response, it's loud enough and not too bad, but like a lot of lower priced TV's sound is acceptable but nothing to shout about. I'd look to invest in a sound bar if sound is a high priority
- No smart/or wired/wireless LAN (not a problem for me at this price point and not required I have devices to do this)

This fitted my needs very well as I wanted something decent but didn't require any network abilities (I've plenty of devices that I can stream from to meet this need) Picture quality is very good easily as good as my main TV downstairs if not a bit better in some ways... very impressive in this area. Do take a bit of time to adjust the settings though there are a number of easy pre-set profiles (or you can adjust it yourself, def boost the bass response over the default) these make quite a difference over the standard settings out of the "box" so to speak

Very happy with the TV overall recommended and a good buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth the Price, 12 Aug 2014
For price/picture quality it can't be beat. It's even on par with more expensive models in terms of picture quality. I never cared for all the smart TV stuff just wanted a TV that focuses on picture quality first and this fit my needs perfectly. Can't comment on standard def picture with this as only use it for high deinition stuff and it really shines.

There is one issue though, the infamous Samsung panel lottery where the same model TV has a different panel in other than a Samsung one. According to those in the know quality can vary greatly depending on which panel you get. For more info on all this google will give you more details. Mine has a Samsung panel according to the hidden service menu on the TV so I'm basing this review off that panel. But I doubt I would have noticed much difference with another panel in, but wrote this to let people know.

Also one more thing is the picture out of the box can do with some calibration. The best settings I found from looking on forums and calibating with a few tools I have are as follows. Makes a huge difference and brings out this TV's excellent picture. Try them yourself, see what you think, can always change the settings if you don't like those settings.:

Picture Mode: Movie
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
Colour Space: Auto
White Balance: leave as it is set
Gamma: 0
Motion Lighting: Off
Picture Options
Colour Tone: Warm2
Digital Noise Filter: Off
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
HDMI Black Level: Normal
Film Mode: Auto 2

5.0 out of 5 stars ... TV a couple of days ago and I'm really happy with it, 16 Sep 2014
This review is from: Samsung UE40H5000AKXXU 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Slim LED TV with Freeview HD (Electronics)
Received this TV a couple of days ago and I'm really happy with it. Although I've not got too much to add that other reviews haven't, I would add that the guide is extremely good. It's always annoying when you go to the guide and it automatically changes the channel as you move, thankfully this isn't the case here, Samsung appear to have nailed it in this area.

My only complaints would be that the various ports and slots are mounted fairly high on the TV, which makes things quite tight on cable length. For instance, we have optical cable for the sound system, and I had to shuffle everything about to get it to reach, just seems a little unnecessary.

I wouldn't consider these very minor faults to be an issue, it's a great set, very sleek and stylish and at the price we paid a total snip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Design, Great Picture Quality, Great Value, 13 Oct 2014
This TV produces a great picture and if you're not worried about it being Smart or having 3D capabilities, then it's a must have. You'll be hard pressed to find a TV as affordable as this one, and it's super simple to use.

I'm used to having a Smart TV, but at this price decided that it would be better to buy this and then a separate set-top box, settled for the Amazon Fire TV in the end, after lots of debate between my partner and I. We've not yet received the Fire TV, but we're impressed, we're able to easily play content from USB, although it wouldn't support my 4TB external HD, which my LG TV does.

For an additional cost you can make this a wireless TV by plugging in a special USB from Samsung, that means you could share files from a PC or Mobile device easily and quickly, without having to buy anything outrageously expensive, or plug anything into the TV.

If you're looking for a bedroom TV, then this is perfect. It's nice and large so you don't have to worry about squinting, and it's affordable and adaptive enough to ensure that you get more from a TV than just standard Freeview. Picture quality and the actual design are impeccable as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Out the box tv looks great very stylish, 15 Aug 2014
Out the box tv looks great very stylish, easy to set up. Picture is crystal clear especially when watching HD channels and bluray, sound is alot better than I thought it would be as tv is quite thin has lots of different sound options so play around. Great tv very plsd would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbeatable value, 20 July 2014
R. Thomas - See all my reviews
This is a fantastic TV, which is truly incredible for the price. The picture quality is great and the sound is surprisingly good. The colours were very oversaturated, but the inbuilt movie mode fixes that.

Not a smart TV, but that is easily and cheaply remedied with a Chromecast, making this a perfect value buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Non-smart TV, 23 Aug 2014
If you're after an affordable non-smart TV this is a great choice. I already have a games console and a chromecast so I had no need for a smart TV as they can do all the same stuff.

The picture quality is great as usual from Samsung TV's. The image is nice and Sharp with HD content and it handles motion well especially compared to the previous Samsung TV I had which was a pretty good model about 3 years ago. There is also plenty of adjustments for the picture quality so you can tune it to your liking.

The first one I ordered was damaged but Amazon sorted this out quickly and I had a replacement in a couple of days.

The only negative is the sound, it's quite tinny so I'd recommend plugging in a pair of speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb picture quality, 28 Jun 2014
Initial impression is 5 star. Really crisp picture and sound is pretty good too. To get the best out of the screen you need to adjust the settings a bit. I found that dynamic image and cinema sound gave the best result for us.
You need to set the picture definition seperately for each input type as they are all initially set as standard - and altering one does not alter the setting on the other inputs.
Overall, excellent value

5.0 out of 5 stars Does all I want it to, excellently, 26 Sep 2014
J. E. Needham (Wales) - See all my reviews
I can't speak with great authority about flat screen TVs as my previous one was a 20-year-old cathode ray job; I have nothing 21st-century to compare my new Samsung with. And I'd never seen HD TV before, let alone owned a set. So my new TV is an absolute revelation. The picture is pin-sharp, which I presume is made more so by it having a small screen, so the pixels are tiny. Even on non-HD, the picture quality is more than acceptable. As is often said about small modern TVs, the sound quality is poor though: thin and tinny compared with my old set. But it does for me. I can't be bothered to mess about with add-on speakers.

My only slight carp is not with the set itself but the very non-user friendly paper instruction book says nothing about what is surely a fairly basic set up consideration: ordering the channel list to suit one's personal viewing habits (with in my case BBC's 1 and 2 HD as numbers 1 and 2 on the remote, not 101 and 102). As for reliability, only time will tell about that of course.

I can't comment about viewing from other sources like blu-ray or computer, as I only really want it as, guess what, a TV! But, so far anyway, my Samsung is a great little TV. Very pleased with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung UE32H5000 32-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LED TV with Freeview HD, 17 Aug 2014
This is the first good HD tv that we have ever owned. I was looking for a trustworthy make with a good model for less than £260. After comparing various Samsung, Sony and Panasonic models, I settled on this, preferring it over the Sony KDL32R433 as, when viewing both TVs on display in the shop, the Samsung certainly had noticeably superior sound, even though there is only 4W of difference between speakers of the two TVs.

The only disappointment is that this TV does not permit the recording of programmes to USB or portable hard drive. There is very little reflection from the screen, the picture is sharp and crisp, there are many options to adjust colour and associated settings. No motion blur, frozen/dead pixels. The sound is good, though to my ears a little stuck within the telly/muffled, for want of a better way of potting it. There is nothing wrong with my hearing, I should point out. That said, the sound is sufficiently good enough that I do not consider the purchase of a sound bar necessary, though of course it would be a nice and would make the TV sound top notch. Even my partially deaf mother considers this TV's sound to be sufficiently loud enough and clear enough for her to enjoy programmes.

We just have a normal aerial, but we can receive and display a number of HD channels, via Freeview, using this TV. Previously, with our old Bauer TV we could not access and display these HD channels via Freeview (that TV cost £147 and packed up after just one year and ten months).

I can play my PS2 and old DVDs (both NTSC & PAL formats) fine and all look very good. However, the DVD menu screens look poor quality with the images having jagged edges. When viewing the standard, non HD channels, pictures are noticeably less crisp, as though the footage has been captured during a heat wave. By that, I mean that if you were to lay on a tarmac surface on a hot day and view someone sitting further away on the tarmac, they would appear to "shimmer" - you get a kind of "heat ripple" - that, to a minor degree is what viewing standard channels is like. Also, when viewing standard programmes, when people move their heads, pixels blur and merge a little, giving a less crisp appearance.