5.0 out of 5 stars Well priced 32" TV with excellent picture quality
This was a second TV purchase, I have a 40" (Samsung) downstairs in the front room and wanted something big, but not massive for upstairs.
The samsung is quite well priced for 32" screen model, it doesn't have any big wow features (no smart features) but does the job pretty well for the price and the screen is excellent in terms of clarity and detail

My...
Published 9 months ago by Mr Baz

3.0 out of 5 stars Dead Pixels
First of all, the TV is great for that price. Clear picture, superb for games (don't forget to change settings through SOURCE / TOOLS / EDIT NAME to DVI PC=very important for accurate screen resolution and accurate font ;) ).

However, the first one I bought, it came with dead pixels and I had to sent it back and pay the postage of £25 !!!
The second one...
Published 3 months ago by Matt

5.0 out of 5 stars Well priced 32" TV with excellent picture quality, 4 Jun. 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

My quick fire good and bad list

Pros:
+ Good value for a 32" TV
+ Full HD 1080p 1920 x 1080 LED backlit display, it looks great with excellent contrast, details and colours. Good viewing angles too.
+ Has freeview/freeview HD built in
+ USB input for playing back movie/music/photos
+ Headphone socket, Scart and Digital audio out
+ Supplied remote works well and has good range
+ Slim bezel, TV's are getting better here less case more compact size

Cons:
- Limited to 2x HDMI inputs (enough for me but for front room use you might want more)
- Sound output lacks bass response, it's loud enough and not too bad, but like a lot of lower priced TV's sound is acceptable but nothing to shout about. I'd look to invest in a sound bar if sound is a high priority
- No smart/or wired/wireless LAN (not a problem for me at this price point and not required I have devices to do this)

This fitted my needs very well as I wanted something decent but didn't require any network abilities (I've plenty of devices that I can stream from to meet this need) Picture quality is very good easily as good as my main TV downstairs if not a bit better in some ways... very impressive in this area. Do take a bit of time to adjust the settings though there are a number of easy pre-set profiles (or you can adjust it yourself, def boost the bass response over the default) these make quite a difference over the standard settings out of the "box" so to speak

Very happy with the TV overall recommended and a good buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth the Price, 12 Aug. 2014
For price/picture quality it can't be beat. It's even on par with more expensive models in terms of picture quality. I never cared for all the smart TV stuff just wanted a TV that focuses on picture quality first and this fit my needs perfectly. Can't comment on standard def picture with this as only use it for high deinition stuff and it really shines.

There is one issue though, the infamous Samsung panel lottery where the same model TV has a different panel in other than a Samsung one. According to those in the know quality can vary greatly depending on which panel you get. For more info on all this google will give you more details. Mine has a Samsung panel according to the hidden service menu on the TV so I'm basing this review off that panel. But I doubt I would have noticed much difference with another panel in, but wrote this to let people know.

Also one more thing is the picture out of the box can do with some calibration. The best settings I found from looking on forums and calibating with a few tools I have are as follows. Makes a huge difference and brings out this TV's excellent picture. Try them yourself, see what you think, can always change the settings if you don't like those settings.:

Picture Mode: Movie
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
Colour Space: Auto
White Balance: leave as it is set
Gamma: 0
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
HDMI Black Level: Normal
Film Mode: Auto 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Splendid bedroom TV!, 1 Aug. 2014
I am a Samsung fan but regardless, this is superb value for money. The HD channels provide stunning image quality and SD is pretty good too. Sound quality is fine for small to medium sized rooms. With plenty of ports to add external devices to enhance the TVs functionality, this is a must have bedroom TV.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good picture, great value., 15 Dec. 2014
Great television with very good picture and good sound for a flat TV. It was very easy to set up and has a football mode which was better than I expect for watching sports events. Connectivity wise it only has two hdmi ports and no ethernet port which isn't a problem for everyone but was an annoyance for me. Note to self read the description more closely.

It does have a USB port and will stream movies and music from an external hard-drive. I used a 2.5 external 500GB HD to watch mp4, avi and mkv files on the TV with no problems. The controls were very responsive and allowed pausing and some fast-forwarding (I didn't attempt much)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Design, Great Picture Quality, Great Value, 13 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Samsung UE40H5000AKXXU 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Slim LED TV with Freeview HD (Electronics)
This TV produces a great picture and if you're not worried about it being Smart or having 3D capabilities, then it's a must have. You'll be hard pressed to find a TV as affordable as this one, and it's super simple to use.

I'm used to having a Smart TV, but at this price decided that it would be better to buy this and then a separate set-top box, settled for the Amazon Fire TV in the end, after lots of debate between my partner and I. We've not yet received the Fire TV, but we're impressed, we're able to easily play content from USB, although it wouldn't support my 4TB external HD, which my LG TV does.

For an additional cost you can make this a wireless TV by plugging in a special USB from Samsung, that means you could share files from a PC or Mobile device easily and quickly, without having to buy anything outrageously expensive, or plug anything into the TV.

If you're looking for a bedroom TV, then this is perfect. It's nice and large so you don't have to worry about squinting, and it's affordable and adaptive enough to ensure that you get more from a TV than just standard Freeview. Picture quality and the actual design are impeccable as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb picture quality, 28 Jun. 2014
Initial impression is 5 star. Really crisp picture and sound is pretty good too. To get the best out of the screen you need to adjust the settings a bit. I found that dynamic image and cinema sound gave the best result for us.
You need to set the picture definition seperately for each input type as they are all initially set as standard - and altering one does not alter the setting on the other inputs.
Overall, excellent value

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic tv, 24 Jun. 2014
Great picture quality and good sound if a little hollow. Use movie picture setting for best overall picture. Small amount of motion blur on a fast moving football but this is an LED tv problem and I can live with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value LED TV with sleek design, 8 Sept. 2014
Very quick and efficient delivery. The set up of the TV was very simple and quick to do. Very clear picture and user friendly remote control, plus a very slick slim screen. Great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... TV a couple of days ago and I'm really happy with it, 16 Sept. 2014
Received this TV a couple of days ago and I'm really happy with it. Although I've not got too much to add that other reviews haven't, I would add that the guide is extremely good. It's always annoying when you go to the guide and it automatically changes the channel as you move, thankfully this isn't the case here, Samsung appear to have nailed it in this area.

My only complaints would be that the various ports and slots are mounted fairly high on the TV, which makes things quite tight on cable length. For instance, we have optical cable for the sound system, and I had to shuffle everything about to get it to reach, just seems a little unnecessary.

I wouldn't consider these very minor faults to be an issue, it's a great set, very sleek and stylish and at the price we paid a total snip.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best 40 inc tv so far, 19 Sept. 2014
It is by far one of the best led tv i have owned. The screen is just perfect. With an apple tv 3, i can now watch full hd movies on the go. The tv is slim, beautiful and stylish.