5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent TV with great picture and understated style.
Published 18 days ago by Amazonian rainforest

2.0 out of 5 stars Capacitor issue
We have a big issue with capacitors in our 40 inch LCD TV, Samsung UK refuse to acknowldge the issue despite tens of thousands of complaints. This is despite them agreeing to fix it for US customers. Issues only arise after warrenty has expired be cautious if you expect the product to last.
Published 15 days ago by Jo Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent TV with great picture and understated style., 31 Aug 2014
This review is from: Samsung UE40H5000AKXXU 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Slim LED TV with Freeview HD (Electronics)
This TV has an excellent picture and straightforward operation. It's also very stylish without being flashy. A discreet "Samsung" badge on the front is all that is there. I didn't need all of the bells and whistles as the Virgin TiVo box and connected Apple TV gives me all that is required. If you are after a good value TV with a great picture without all of the extras like 3D and smart technology to hook up to the internet then I would definitely recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a lovely tv. Easy to set up and a pleasure to watch, 21 Aug 2014
Bought this for my grandmother who is in her 80's. It's a lovely tv. Easy to set up and a pleasure to watch. Can't say much more other than my gran hasn't complained and we got it at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Non-smart TV, 23 Aug 2014
If you're after an affordable non-smart TV this is a great choice. I already have a games console and a chromecast so I had no need for a smart TV as they can do all the same stuff.

The picture quality is great as usual from Samsung TV's. The image is nice and Sharp with HD content and it handles motion well especially compared to the previous Samsung TV I had which was a pretty good model about 3 years ago. There is also plenty of adjustments for the picture quality so you can tune it to your liking.

The first one I ordered was damaged but Amazon sorted this out quickly and I had a replacement in a couple of days.

The only negative is the sound, it's quite tinny so I'd recommend plugging in a pair of speakers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Budget LED TV, 16 Aug 2014
Great budget TV if you're looking for a LED model without all the needless SMART & 3D features that I didn't want to pay for. (Even the internet requires a dongle or network cable) The 1080p HD is beautifully crisp, which makes standard channels make look quite burry, especially if you're sitting quite near. Unfortuantely the cables are quite short when setting up, but once plugged in - takes 4 steps to setup your new TV, after a quick scan and you're away. Quick menu system without any annoying lag in response or processing time. The size 40 inches is still a nice big screen size; despite all the ones on the market selling 42"+ but it's enough for me with it's sleek, light and miminal design!

5.0 out of 5 stars Out the box tv looks great very stylish, 15 Aug 2014
Out the box tv looks great very stylish, easy to set up. Picture is crystal clear especially when watching HD channels and bluray, sound is alot better than I thought it would be as tv is quite thin has lots of different sound options so play around. Great tv very plsd would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV., 27 Aug 2014
I bought this TV elsewhere, but I'm very happy with how it performs, and the overall aesthetic of the TV.

I primarily bought this set to be used as a gaming TV. I don't watch much TV, and only really use a set for gaming or watching movies via Netflix, Lovefilm et al. In these categories this TV performed well.

Motion was something that I was concerned about, but those fears were laid to rest upon receiving the set. When playing fast paced games, e.g. Titanfall, the TV produced a glorious image without any blur at all. Colours look great and the image looks sharp when using devices that output at the native resolution of the TV. HD channels look beautiful, too.

One other thing of note, and it's a good thing. The sound is surprisingly good through the TV's speakers. I was expecting poor sound and an excuse to buy a sound bar, but I was pleasantly surprised. Gaming looks and sounds good through this TV.

To summarize - If you're after a non-smart TV, then you could do a lot worse than picking this baby up. It does a great job of producing sharp and vibrant images with great motion, without too much cost involved. And the sound is good, too!

Does what it says on the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... TV a couple of days ago and I'm really happy with it, 16 Sep 2014
Received this TV a couple of days ago and I'm really happy with it. Although I've not got too much to add that other reviews haven't, I would add that the guide is extremely good. It's always annoying when you go to the guide and it automatically changes the channel as you move, thankfully this isn't the case here, Samsung appear to have nailed it in this area.

My only complaints would be that the various ports and slots are mounted fairly high on the TV, which makes things quite tight on cable length. For instance, we have optical cable for the sound system, and I had to shuffle everything about to get it to reach, just seems a little unnecessary.

I wouldn't consider these very minor faults to be an issue, it's a great set, very sleek and stylish and at the price we paid a total snip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value!!, 18 Sep 2014
I bought this as a house moving present for my sister and we are really impressed! It looks fantastic and the picture is very, very good. It does have a slightly plastic feel to it (the story of Samsungs life when it comes to most TVs and monitors!) and on its stand its not the most sturdy set up I have ever seen, however those are really nit picks. We bought it for size, ease of use, picture and price and for the money it ticks all those boxes fine!

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value LED TV with sleek design, 8 Sep 2014
Very quick and efficient delivery. The set up of the TV was very simple and quick to do. Very clear picture and user friendly remote control, plus a very slick slim screen. Great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Sep 2014
Amazing tv for the price. Cant fault samsung