5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth the Price
For price/picture quality it can't be beat. It's even on par with more expensive models in terms of picture quality. I never cared for all the smart TV stuff just wanted a TV that focuses on picture quality first and this fit my needs perfectly. Can't comment on standard def picture with this as only use it for high deinition stuff and it really shines.

There...
Published 8 months ago by Bsham

3.0 out of 5 stars Dead Pixels
First of all, the TV is great for that price. Clear picture, superb for games (don't forget to change settings through SOURCE / TOOLS / EDIT NAME to DVI PC=very important for accurate screen resolution and accurate font ;) ).

However, the first one I bought, it came with dead pixels and I had to sent it back and pay the postage of £25 !!!
The second one...
Published 4 months ago by Matt

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth the Price, 12 Aug. 2014

There is one issue though, the infamous Samsung panel lottery where the same model TV has a different panel in other than a Samsung one. According to those in the know quality can vary greatly depending on which panel you get. For more info on all this google will give you more details. Mine has a Samsung panel according to the hidden service menu on the TV so I'm basing this review off that panel. But I doubt I would have noticed much difference with another panel in, but wrote this to let people know.

Also one more thing is the picture out of the box can do with some calibration. The best settings I found from looking on forums and calibating with a few tools I have are as follows. Makes a huge difference and brings out this TV's excellent picture. Try them yourself, see what you think, can always change the settings if you don't like those settings.:

Picture Mode: Movie
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
Colour Space: Auto
White Balance: leave as it is set
Gamma: 0
Motion Lighting: Off
Picture Options
Colour Tone: Warm2
Digital Noise Filter: Off
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
HDMI Black Level: Normal
Film Mode: Auto 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Well priced 32" TV with excellent picture quality, 4 Jun. 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This was a second TV purchase, I have a 40" (Samsung) downstairs in the front room and wanted something big, but not massive for upstairs.
The samsung is quite well priced for 32" screen model, it doesn't have any big wow features (no smart features) but does the job pretty well for the price and the screen is excellent in terms of clarity and detail

My quick fire good and bad list

Pros:
+ Good value for a 32" TV
+ Full HD 1080p 1920 x 1080 LED backlit display, it looks great with excellent contrast, details and colours. Good viewing angles too.
+ Has freeview/freeview HD built in
+ USB input for playing back movie/music/photos
+ Headphone socket, Scart and Digital audio out
+ Supplied remote works well and has good range
+ Slim bezel, TV's are getting better here less case more compact size

Cons:
- Limited to 2x HDMI inputs (enough for me but for front room use you might want more)
- Sound output lacks bass response, it's loud enough and not too bad, but like a lot of lower priced TV's sound is acceptable but nothing to shout about. I'd look to invest in a sound bar if sound is a high priority
- No smart/or wired/wireless LAN (not a problem for me at this price point and not required I have devices to do this)

This fitted my needs very well as I wanted something decent but didn't require any network abilities (I've plenty of devices that I can stream from to meet this need) Picture quality is very good easily as good as my main TV downstairs if not a bit better in some ways... very impressive in this area. Do take a bit of time to adjust the settings though there are a number of easy pre-set profiles (or you can adjust it yourself, def boost the bass response over the default) these make quite a difference over the standard settings out of the "box" so to speak

Very happy with the TV overall recommended and a good buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Design, Great Picture Quality, Great Value, 13 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Samsung UE40H5000AKXXU 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Slim LED TV with Freeview HD (Electronics)
This TV produces a great picture and if you're not worried about it being Smart or having 3D capabilities, then it's a must have. You'll be hard pressed to find a TV as affordable as this one, and it's super simple to use.

I'm used to having a Smart TV, but at this price decided that it would be better to buy this and then a separate set-top box, settled for the Amazon Fire TV in the end, after lots of debate between my partner and I. We've not yet received the Fire TV, but we're impressed, we're able to easily play content from USB, although it wouldn't support my 4TB external HD, which my LG TV does.

For an additional cost you can make this a wireless TV by plugging in a special USB from Samsung, that means you could share files from a PC or Mobile device easily and quickly, without having to buy anything outrageously expensive, or plug anything into the TV.

If you're looking for a bedroom TV, then this is perfect. It's nice and large so you don't have to worry about squinting, and it's affordable and adaptive enough to ensure that you get more from a TV than just standard Freeview. Picture quality and the actual design are impeccable as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb picture quality, 28 Jun. 2014
Initial impression is 5 star. Really crisp picture and sound is pretty good too. To get the best out of the screen you need to adjust the settings a bit. I found that dynamic image and cinema sound gave the best result for us.
You need to set the picture definition seperately for each input type as they are all initially set as standard - and altering one does not alter the setting on the other inputs.
Overall, excellent value

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic tv, 24 Jun. 2014
Great picture quality and good sound if a little hollow. Use movie picture setting for best overall picture. Small amount of motion blur on a fast moving football but this is an LED tv problem and I can live with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value LED TV with sleek design, 8 Sept. 2014
Very quick and efficient delivery. The set up of the TV was very simple and quick to do. Very clear picture and user friendly remote control, plus a very slick slim screen. Great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... TV a couple of days ago and I'm really happy with it, 16 Sept. 2014
Received this TV a couple of days ago and I'm really happy with it. Although I've not got too much to add that other reviews haven't, I would add that the guide is extremely good. It's always annoying when you go to the guide and it automatically changes the channel as you move, thankfully this isn't the case here, Samsung appear to have nailed it in this area.

My only complaints would be that the various ports and slots are mounted fairly high on the TV, which makes things quite tight on cable length. For instance, we have optical cable for the sound system, and I had to shuffle everything about to get it to reach, just seems a little unnecessary.

I wouldn't consider these very minor faults to be an issue, it's a great set, very sleek and stylish and at the price we paid a total snip.

5.0 out of 5 stars 46" Samsung Smart TV. Its got LOVEFiLM, Netflix and more, 4 Jan. 2014
We needed to up grade a 32" HD ready TV from a number of years ago and trying to decipher all the new tech was a little difficult but I really wanted to get LOVEFiLM to stream onto the TV as it wont work via an Android app at the moment.

I decided on this Samsung after going to see it in a supermarket (as I had gift cards and Clubcard vouchers to use). Price was £549.

It had the spec I wanted the Full HD, it has Ethernet cable to plug into my Virgin super hub ( or you can use a WiFi dongle sold separately), a good choice of catch up TV and Streaming apps, one of the few devices to get both LOVEFiLM and Netflix also Blink Box. For catch up TV it has BBC iplayer, ITV Player, Demand 5, 4oD, STV Player, it seems very comprehensive even though I haven't tried it all what I have seems to work well, not super fast but very usable. will try to add a link for the apps [...]

The TV itself is sleek and looks good, ts pretty sturdy, the remote is fine and easy enough to figure out, the remote has limited capasity to control the Virgin box if the sensory provided is in front of it but it can't operate 2 devices. The picture is pretty good and a good range of picture modes and settings to get something your eyes will like, sound is pretty good too. HD is beautiful and it has sports mode, where the TV struggles slightly is with SD cartoons that are heavy on cgi, it can look a bit soft focus or some shows a little pixelated but the kids seem very happy with it anyway. Over all we are all delighted with the TV and blu rays look great on it too, I would say this is worth a look for the features and if you don't fancy 3D.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Non-smart TV, 23 Aug. 2014
If you're after an affordable non-smart TV this is a great choice. I already have a games console and a chromecast so I had no need for a smart TV as they can do all the same stuff.

The picture quality is great as usual from Samsung TV's. The image is nice and Sharp with HD content and it handles motion well especially compared to the previous Samsung TV I had which was a pretty good model about 3 years ago. There is also plenty of adjustments for the picture quality so you can tune it to your liking.

The first one I ordered was damaged but Amazon sorted this out quickly and I had a replacement in a couple of days.

The only negative is the sound, it's quite tinny so I'd recommend plugging in a pair of speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung makes great TV's that are best in their class, 28 Sept. 2014
Christopher J. Cowen (glenville, PA) - See all my reviews
Samsung makes great TV's that surpass every other manufacturer in their class. I have two Samsung's in my house and I can tell you the image is beautiful. This TV has an LED screen and in my opinion this the way to go (LED is similar to LCD its back-lit better so that they are no dark spots on the screen).

Now add in that this TV can directly connect to the internet and I'm sold. TV's of this class have never been cheaper.

One thing that I have found with TV's that its very important to actually look at the TV in person. Now when you look at the TV's, go to a place like Walmart to see them, because many times specialty stores like Best Buy play with the lighting controls on the TV and in the store to skew the image to there advantage. Once you look at the TV simply look and decide which one looks better to you.

The next step to take into consideration is features. Here are a few that come with this TV:

This Samsung comes with Auto Volume which automatically adjusts the volume of the desired channel, lowering the sound output when the modulation signal is high or raising the sound output when the modulation signal is low. This reduces the difference in volume when changing channels. The Auto Volume feature can be set to Normal, Night or Off.

As far as outputs most of these TV's will come with more than enough Inputs and Outputs. This TV comes with 3 HDMI Audio/Video In, 1 Ethernet LAN In/Out, 1 RCA Component Audio/Video In amd 1 Digital Coaxial Audio Out.

Next thing when shopping for a TV is in box technology. Here are some of the features of this TV:

With this Smart HDTV there is a full web browser with WiFi built-in apps made for TV. Some of the apps this TV features is Hulu Plus, YouTube, Netflix, Facebook, and Twitter. Browse the web while you watch movies and TV shows, and enjoy TV while you chat with friends and family online, all on one screen with this Samsung.

Thank you for reading my review, if you have any questions feel free to email me, I would be happy to help you with any questions you have.