5.0 out of 5 stars ... TV a couple of days ago and I'm really happy with it
Received this TV a couple of days ago and I'm really happy with it. Although I've not got too much to add that other reviews haven't, I would add that the guide is extremely good. It's always annoying when you go to the guide and it automatically changes the channel as you move, thankfully this isn't the case here, Samsung appear to have nailed it in this area...
Published 1 month ago by T Szczepanski

3.0 out of 5 stars I didn't find this tv handled motion very well, ...
I didn't find this tv handled motion very well, it is not very sharp. I guess this is what you get with a budget tv?
Published 12 days ago by A. Ferry

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars ... TV a couple of days ago and I'm really happy with it, 16 Sep 2014
This review is from: Samsung UE40H5000AKXXU 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Slim LED TV with Freeview HD (Electronics)

My only complaints would be that the various ports and slots are mounted fairly high on the TV, which makes things quite tight on cable length. For instance, we have optical cable for the sound system, and I had to shuffle everything about to get it to reach, just seems a little unnecessary.

I wouldn't consider these very minor faults to be an issue, it's a great set, very sleek and stylish and at the price we paid a total snip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Non-smart TV, 23 Aug 2014
If you're after an affordable non-smart TV this is a great choice. I already have a games console and a chromecast so I had no need for a smart TV as they can do all the same stuff.

The picture quality is great as usual from Samsung TV's. The image is nice and Sharp with HD content and it handles motion well especially compared to the previous Samsung TV I had which was a pretty good model about 3 years ago. There is also plenty of adjustments for the picture quality so you can tune it to your liking.

The first one I ordered was damaged but Amazon sorted this out quickly and I had a replacement in a couple of days.

The only negative is the sound, it's quite tinny so I'd recommend plugging in a pair of speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Design, Great Picture Quality, Great Value, 13 Oct 2014
This TV produces a great picture and if you're not worried about it being Smart or having 3D capabilities, then it's a must have. You'll be hard pressed to find a TV as affordable as this one, and it's super simple to use.

I'm used to having a Smart TV, but at this price decided that it would be better to buy this and then a separate set-top box, settled for the Amazon Fire TV in the end, after lots of debate between my partner and I. We've not yet received the Fire TV, but we're impressed, we're able to easily play content from USB, although it wouldn't support my 4TB external HD, which my LG TV does.

For an additional cost you can make this a wireless TV by plugging in a special USB from Samsung, that means you could share files from a PC or Mobile device easily and quickly, without having to buy anything outrageously expensive, or plug anything into the TV.

If you're looking for a bedroom TV, then this is perfect. It's nice and large so you don't have to worry about squinting, and it's affordable and adaptive enough to ensure that you get more from a TV than just standard Freeview. Picture quality and the actual design are impeccable as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent TV with great picture and understated style., 31 Aug 2014
This TV has an excellent picture and straightforward operation. It's also very stylish without being flashy. A discreet "Samsung" badge on the front is all that is there. I didn't need all of the bells and whistles as the Virgin TiVo box and connected Apple TV gives me all that is required. If you are after a good value TV with a great picture without all of the extras like 3D and smart technology to hook up to the internet then I would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value!!, 18 Sep 2014
I bought this as a house moving present for my sister and we are really impressed! It looks fantastic and the picture is very, very good. It does have a slightly plastic feel to it (the story of Samsungs life when it comes to most TVs and monitors!) and on its stand its not the most sturdy set up I have ever seen, however those are really nit picks. We bought it for size, ease of use, picture and price and for the money it ticks all those boxes fine!

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Out the box tv looks great very stylish, 15 Aug 2014
Out the box tv looks great very stylish, easy to set up. Picture is crystal clear especially when watching HD channels and bluray, sound is alot better than I thought it would be as tv is quite thin has lots of different sound options so play around. Great tv very plsd would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV., 27 Aug 2014
I bought this TV elsewhere, but I'm very happy with how it performs, and the overall aesthetic of the TV.

I primarily bought this set to be used as a gaming TV. I don't watch much TV, and only really use a set for gaming or watching movies via Netflix, Lovefilm et al. In these categories this TV performed well.

Motion was something that I was concerned about, but those fears were laid to rest upon receiving the set. When playing fast paced games, e.g. Titanfall, the TV produced a glorious image without any blur at all. Colours look great and the image looks sharp when using devices that output at the native resolution of the TV. HD channels look beautiful, too.

One other thing of note, and it's a good thing. The sound is surprisingly good through the TV's speakers. I was expecting poor sound and an excuse to buy a sound bar, but I was pleasantly surprised. Gaming looks and sounds good through this TV.

To summarize - If you're after a non-smart TV, then you could do a lot worse than picking this baby up. It does a great job of producing sharp and vibrant images with great motion, without too much cost involved. And the sound is good, too!

Does what it says on the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value LED TV with sleek design, 8 Sep 2014
Very quick and efficient delivery. The set up of the TV was very simple and quick to do. Very clear picture and user friendly remote control, plus a very slick slim screen. Great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best 40 inc tv so far, 19 Sep 2014
It is by far one of the best led tv i have owned. The screen is just perfect. With an apple tv 3, i can now watch full hd movies on the go. The tv is slim, beautiful and stylish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this TV, 8 Oct 2014
Guy (Belfast, N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
Very pleased with this TV. I wasn't expecting the bee's knees when buying it for the price but when it finally arrived I thought it's sleek look & easiness to set up made me fall in love with it more.

The picture quality is fantastic when it comes to HD. As expected normal viewing -- non-HD -- is normal quality but who cares? It's supposed to be.

As for those complaining about the sound, you have to be some kind of BOSE expert to think this TV sounds "tinny." It sounds great and really offers a brilliant built-in standard of sound.

Very pleased overall with everything: quality, sound, looks -- got it all.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›