5.0 out of 5 stars Great Design, Great Picture Quality, Great Value
This TV produces a great picture and if you're not worried about it being Smart or having 3D capabilities, then it's a must have. You'll be hard pressed to find a TV as affordable as this one, and it's super simple to use.

Published 8 months ago by Jordan O'Brien

3.0 out of 5 stars Dead Pixels
First of all, the TV is great for that price. Clear picture, superb for games (don't forget to change settings through SOURCE / TOOLS / EDIT NAME to DVI PC=very important for accurate screen resolution and accurate font ;) ).

However, the first one I bought, it came with dead pixels and I had to sent it back and pay the postage of £25 !!!
The second one...
Published 6 months ago by Matt

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Design, Great Picture Quality, Great Value, 13 Oct. 2014
This review is from: UE40H5000 40" Full HD LED Backlit TV with Freeview HD (Electronics)

I'm used to having a Smart TV, but at this price decided that it would be better to buy this and then a separate set-top box, settled for the Amazon Fire TV in the end, after lots of debate between my partner and I. We've not yet received the Fire TV, but we're impressed, we're able to easily play content from USB, although it wouldn't support my 4TB external HD, which my LG TV does.

For an additional cost you can make this a wireless TV by plugging in a special USB from Samsung, that means you could share files from a PC or Mobile device easily and quickly, without having to buy anything outrageously expensive, or plug anything into the TV.

If you're looking for a bedroom TV, then this is perfect. It's nice and large so you don't have to worry about squinting, and it's affordable and adaptive enough to ensure that you get more from a TV than just standard Freeview. Picture quality and the actual design are impeccable as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this TV, 8 Oct. 2014
Guy (Belfast, N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
Very pleased with this TV. I wasn't expecting the bee's knees when buying it for the price but when it finally arrived I thought it's sleek look & easiness to set up made me fall in love with it more.

The picture quality is fantastic when it comes to HD. As expected normal viewing -- non-HD -- is normal quality but who cares? It's supposed to be.

As for those complaining about the sound, you have to be some kind of BOSE expert to think this TV sounds "tinny." It sounds great and really offers a brilliant built-in standard of sound.

Very pleased overall with everything: quality, sound, looks -- got it all.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... TV a couple of days ago and I'm really happy with it, 16 Sept. 2014
Received this TV a couple of days ago and I'm really happy with it. Although I've not got too much to add that other reviews haven't, I would add that the guide is extremely good. It's always annoying when you go to the guide and it automatically changes the channel as you move, thankfully this isn't the case here, Samsung appear to have nailed it in this area.

My only complaints would be that the various ports and slots are mounted fairly high on the TV, which makes things quite tight on cable length. For instance, we have optical cable for the sound system, and I had to shuffle everything about to get it to reach, just seems a little unnecessary.

I wouldn't consider these very minor faults to be an issue, it's a great set, very sleek and stylish and at the price we paid a total snip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Non-smart TV, 23 Aug. 2014
If you're after an affordable non-smart TV this is a great choice. I already have a games console and a chromecast so I had no need for a smart TV as they can do all the same stuff.

The picture quality is great as usual from Samsung TV's. The image is nice and Sharp with HD content and it handles motion well especially compared to the previous Samsung TV I had which was a pretty good model about 3 years ago. There is also plenty of adjustments for the picture quality so you can tune it to your liking.

The first one I ordered was damaged but Amazon sorted this out quickly and I had a replacement in a couple of days.

The only negative is the sound, it's quite tinny so I'd recommend plugging in a pair of speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Out the box tv looks great very stylish, 15 Aug. 2014
Out the box tv looks great very stylish, easy to set up. Picture is crystal clear especially when watching HD channels and bluray, sound is alot better than I thought it would be as tv is quite thin has lots of different sound options so play around. Great tv very plsd would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent TV with great picture and understated style., 31 Aug. 2014
This TV has an excellent picture and straightforward operation. It's also very stylish without being flashy. A discreet "Samsung" badge on the front is all that is there. I didn't need all of the bells and whistles as the Virgin TiVo box and connected Apple TV gives me all that is required. If you are after a good value TV with a great picture without all of the extras like 3D and smart technology to hook up to the internet then I would definitely recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Speakers and sound are crap, 8 Oct. 2014
A. Carey (London England) - See all my reviews
Hi the TV itself is fine, the only complaint is that the speakers are in the wrong place so you can't hear properly. I had to purchase a sound bar at the extra expense of £135 This makes the overall price rather high.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb picture at a great price., 15 April 2015
I already own a 32inch series 5 that was purchased back in 2013 and have always been very satisfied with its quality and overall performance. Having moved to a house with a bigger living room I was on the market for a bigger screen size and another Samsung seemed the logical choice. I found this 40-inch model in the Amazon warehouse for £230 and ordered it straight away! The TV came in a slightly damaged box, apart from that it was brand new with protective plastic on the screen and the base still sealed in shrink-wrap plastic....absolutely immaculate and untouched! Performance is the same as my previous series 5 with the added bonus of much better and more powerful speakers. I haven't changed the factory settings as some reviewers suggest, I have never felt the need for it with the 32-inch and I don't think I will with its bigger sister, however customization is easily performed through the intuitive menu. As for panel-lottery I don't care much, quality appears excellent in both TVs across size and manufacture date and that's good enough for me! Regarding connectivity I have to agree that having one or two extra HDMIs would be nice but unless you intend connecting more than a couple of devices then that's no issue either. Finally I'd expect reliability to be good, my 32-inch still performs and looks as new after 2 years. All in all this is an excellent TV and at an excellent price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dead Pixels, 15 Dec. 2014

The second one is perfect, no dead pixels and the picture is great plus the small bezel round the screen. Love it. Shame about the first one, it did kind of spoilt it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV., 27 Aug. 2014
I bought this TV elsewhere, but I'm very happy with how it performs, and the overall aesthetic of the TV.

I primarily bought this set to be used as a gaming TV. I don't watch much TV, and only really use a set for gaming or watching movies via Netflix, Lovefilm et al. In these categories this TV performed well.

Motion was something that I was concerned about, but those fears were laid to rest upon receiving the set. When playing fast paced games, e.g. Titanfall, the TV produced a glorious image without any blur at all. Colours look great and the image looks sharp when using devices that output at the native resolution of the TV. HD channels look beautiful, too.

One other thing of note, and it's a good thing. The sound is surprisingly good through the TV's speakers. I was expecting poor sound and an excuse to buy a sound bar, but I was pleasantly surprised. Gaming looks and sounds good through this TV.

To summarize - If you're after a non-smart TV, then you could do a lot worse than picking this baby up. It does a great job of producing sharp and vibrant images with great motion, without too much cost involved. And the sound is good, too!

Does what it says on the box.