I bought this rucksack for use as a day pack whilst I am out walking - it has to be big enough to fit in my lunch and a coat, waterproof and comfortable enough to be useable for 20-30 mile hikes.

Published 23 months ago by Victor

1.0 out of 5 stars Karrimor urban 30
I bought this bag as it was a good price and the make is very reputable. However, just after 2 months of having the bag - it has split at the seams. I am very disappointed as I believed Karrimor to produce hardwearing rucksacks.
Published on 22 Nov. 2012 by Gkay

5.0 out of 5 stars Karrimor Urban 30 L rucksack: cheap and cheerful rucksack for every day use,, 22 Mar. 2013
Victor (Hull, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

The bag is made of a cheapish feeling material, but so far it seems to have withstood the rigours of use without falling apart. There is a zipped main compartment, a second largish zipped compartment on the front and a third small zipped compartment on the front. There are wire mesh drink holders on both sides and a bungee crisscrossing the front. There are two compression straps to take the strain off the zip if you are trying to really pack stuff in tightly. It has two shoulder straps, a chest strap and a waist strap. The shoulder straps are OK for comfort, they are not overpadded but do not bite. The waist strap is generous, fitting round my considerable girth with ease even when I am wearing a bulky coat. The chest strap is similarly generous and does improve the comfort of the sack when worn for extended periods.

I recently used it for a 22 mile yomp in the pouring rain and through considerable amounts of mud and the contents were as dry as a bone when I got back - more than could be said for me! It was comfortable, the main compartment large enough for my needs and the variety of pouches useful for the storage of maps, compasses, drinks and fruit that I needed to be able to get at easily. I've used it a few times now and it seems to be standing up to general useage OK. In all a good bag for the money, 5 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Karrimor urban 30, 22 Nov. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Karrimor Bag, 27 Jan. 2014
This bag was perfect for on the plane and to carry around with me on holiday and it is comfy on your back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality product., 5 Oct. 2014
Disappointed. I have used Karrimor bags for years and there was a time when the brand was associated with British-made, high-quality products. My last rucksack from them had a lifetime guarantee which showed confidence in the quality of their products. Since Karrimor was purchased by the Sports Direct group, the standards have slipped dramatically and this rucksack is no exception. The finish is poor and on the version I received, the zip didn't work at all. Shame because the design is nice and it's a good size for the money, just nothing like the Karrimor of days gone by :-(

2.0 out of 5 stars Strap stitching giving way. Not suitable for daily use., 27 Aug. 2014
The stitching which holds the strap to the body of the rucksack is already giving way, despite moderate daily use. This rucksack isn't suitable for commuting or similar use; it's better for occasional light duty.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not great at all, 9 Oct. 2014
Not great at all.....I bought this 2 months ago to replace a Karrimor Spirit 20 which I'd had for years and without sounding too geeky was a BRILLIANT rucksack. This one is the opposite, the zips constantly catch against other material and have ripped the back, the whole sack feels cheap and the mesh pockets are not robust at all.

The only positive is that it can fit my oversized laptop in the padded pocket in the main compartment.

Disappointed, already have to replace!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Roomy, spacious and a great travelling companion., 2 Oct. 2014
J. Petty "joapet" (London) - See all my reviews
Wonderful! I bought this backpack to go on holiday as I knew we were going to be doing a lot of walking, and it's held a lot of different stuff really well. It's super roomy, has a little section that fits a laptop nicely and we often would fit all our swimming stuff in it plus a big bottle of water. There's lots of compartments too so you don't have to rummage around for all your stuff, and the handy little key hook is great if you always seem to find your keys at the bottom of your bag.

Most recently I took this away as cabin baggage and I managed to fit in everything I needed for three nights, plus extra room for bring stuff back. Nothing has ripped/torn or gone wrong with this bag and look forward to many more years use out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 3 Nov. 2013
C. Mcintyre (London) - See all my reviews
Great size, brilliant colour, deep pockets for keeping things safe. Sturdy straps and fastenings the zips just need a little wearing in .

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Rucksack, 3 Aug. 2013
I bought this recently to replace an old rucksack of mine that has seen much better days (and isn't even that old to think of it). I like to go on weekend trips places, and I like to go on day trips as well, so having a sturdy rucksack is paramount.
This fits the bill perfectly. It has two separate compartments which suits me fine, and both of them are big enough to fit things in (unlike some bags where the pockets seem to be nearly useless). It's got toggles on the straps so that you can fasten it up if the tough gets going, something I could see myself using to keep the bag from bouncing around too much.
While I've not given this a proper initiation yet, it does seem to be very comfy as well, which is also very important if you're going to be wearing it all day. I chose red over the other colours simply so that I can find it easier if I leave it somewhere, and I'm sure that the other colours (Navy, Black, and Pink I think) are all made to a similar standard.
I would recommend this to anyone looking for a rucksack around this price range. I'm hoping to give it a proper trial this week, and I'm confident it'll hold up to the demands. Definite 5 star.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality better than expected, 25 Sept. 2014
Given the excellent price this sack isn't too bad at all. Quality of materials are better than expected, and stitching is all good too (no daylight seams) and so perfectly adequate as a multipurpose day bag. That said I have no idea how showerproof this bag is as the weather hasn't been bad enough yet (hurrah) to thoroughly test it out. Would imagine it would keep the wet out during short bursts of rain out but I nonetheless put my stuff in a waterproof stuff sack inside the bag to be sure. If it does leak anywhere I'll just spray it with Fabsil waterproofer.

The only thing I'd mention (minor issue given the price) are the plastic buckles. They do seem to be a little flimsy. Although looks can be deceiving and so wear and tear will be the true test as to whether they are tough enough to last. Other than that good value bag with plenty enough space enough for tablet, change of clothes, rain poncho, lunchbox, first aid kit, camera/small binoculars, etc.

Karrimor Adult Urban 30L Backpack