I bought this rucksack for use as a day pack whilst I am out walking - it has to be big enough to fit in my lunch and a coat, waterproof and comfortable enough to be useable for 20-30 mile hikes.

Published 19 months ago by Victor

1.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for
Pros:
Carrys items
Good amount of space

Cons:
There are straps on the bottom which are meant to go around your waise, when you dont use them they dangle near the ground as they are very long
Published 3 months ago by Ryan Murphy

1.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for, 25 Jun 2014
Pros:
Carrys items
Good amount of space

Cons:
Zip is appauling, especially the material around the zip, after two weeks it was threading and the zip gets caught up in it, had it for 6 weeks now and is unusable because of this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Karrimor Urban 30 L rucksack: cheap and cheerful rucksack for every day use,, 22 Mar 2013
Victor (Hull, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

The bag is made of a cheapish feeling material, but so far it seems to have withstood the rigours of use without falling apart. There is a zipped main compartment, a second largish zipped compartment on the front and a third small zipped compartment on the front. There are wire mesh drink holders on both sides and a bungee crisscrossing the front. There are two compression straps to take the strain off the zip if you are trying to really pack stuff in tightly. It has two shoulder straps, a chest strap and a waist strap. The shoulder straps are OK for comfort, they are not overpadded but do not bite. The waist strap is generous, fitting round my considerable girth with ease even when I am wearing a bulky coat. The chest strap is similarly generous and does improve the comfort of the sack when worn for extended periods.

I recently used it for a 22 mile yomp in the pouring rain and through considerable amounts of mud and the contents were as dry as a bone when I got back - more than could be said for me! It was comfortable, the main compartment large enough for my needs and the variety of pouches useful for the storage of maps, compasses, drinks and fruit that I needed to be able to get at easily. I've used it a few times now and it seems to be standing up to general useage OK. In all a good bag for the money, 5 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Karrimor urban 30, 22 Nov 2012
I bought this bag as it was a good price and the make is very reputable. However, just after 2 months of having the bag - it has split at the seams. I am very disappointed as I believed Karrimor to produce hardwearing rucksacks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, 17 Dec 2013
Good, quality product and it has not fallen apart on the school run like so many of the "school" backpacks. Will always buy Karrimor from now on. Durable and good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Karrimor Bag, 27 Jan 2014
This bag was perfect for on the plane and to carry around with me on holiday and it is comfy on your back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for whay I need, 13 Aug 2013
Perfect size for work, fits everything I need in and even has a padded laptop compartment. The rucksack is really sturdy and looks like its going to be really durable as well after the use its already had.

5.0 out of 5 stars really good quality, 9 Mar 2014
They do say you get what you pay for and I was half tempted to buy a cheap one but they do always break and there not comfy. I filled the bag with water bottles, clothing, dog food, leads, my food it wasn't squished it wasn't even challenged. I went for a few mile walk no problems comfy back good straps good everything really padded. Recommend to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Rucksack, 3 Aug 2013
I bought this recently to replace an old rucksack of mine that has seen much better days (and isn't even that old to think of it). I like to go on weekend trips places, and I like to go on day trips as well, so having a sturdy rucksack is paramount.
This fits the bill perfectly. It has two separate compartments which suits me fine, and both of them are big enough to fit things in (unlike some bags where the pockets seem to be nearly useless). It's got toggles on the straps so that you can fasten it up if the tough gets going, something I could see myself using to keep the bag from bouncing around too much.
While I've not given this a proper initiation yet, it does seem to be very comfy as well, which is also very important if you're going to be wearing it all day. I chose red over the other colours simply so that I can find it easier if I leave it somewhere, and I'm sure that the other colours (Navy, Black, and Pink I think) are all made to a similar standard.
I would recommend this to anyone looking for a rucksack around this price range. I'm hoping to give it a proper trial this week, and I'm confident it'll hold up to the demands. Definite 5 star.

1.0 out of 5 stars Inferior product exploiting the Karrimor name, 4 Sep 2014
As several others have found the fabric on mine frayed around the zip and seams. Karrimor used to make decent outdoor equipment in a factory in Lancashire and have excellent after-sales service, but is now just a brand name used by Sports Direct to market cheap products. They also won't honour the lifetime guarantees on older Karrimor products, so benefit from the brand's heritage without taking on its responsibilities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Backpack, 15 Nov 2013
This was a perfect purchase for what I needed, both in size and capacity.
Use it as a weekender bag and also for provisions when out walking

Karrimor Adult Urban 30L Backpack