on 5 May 2014
When I saw the title, I was expecting a 50 page book that would tell me things that I could google for free. I bought it because I saw that it was 500 pages long and I thought it would be worth the money.

It was completely worth the money. It is a really valuable book. It is readable and completely honest, with both readers and itself. It gives you all the information and then leaves the choice up to you as to which parts you use, explaining the pros and cons of each one. It explains how much time and effort you need to put into each venture and what kind of money you can expect back.

I thought it was going to be one of those 'Get Rich Quick' books where you can do no work and get loads of money, but it wasn't that. You do have to put in work and effort but this book breaks it down into manageable parts.

The only drawback I found is that quite a lot of resources were more US based and for me in the UK, it was a little frustrating, although UK resources were available, just not as plentiful.
on 18 June 2014
I should be writing but instead i seem to be reading lots of books about writing.
This is the first book that has actually got me off the sofa and onto the keyboard. Lots of great advice on all manner of writing that will earn you money. Not a miracle scheme to get rich quick but good solid advice to get you writing for profit.
on 30 October 2014
If are not concerned whether you get paid for your writing or not.
Or you’re leisurely taking forever to put ‘your novel’ together, and only write when you feel like it. This book is not for you. If however you do love to write, want to be paid for your efforts, and your willing to put in time and effort and adapt to different writing markets, this is the book for you. The author has obviously road tested the wide variety of writing markets from greeting cards to film scripts, and demonstrates any writer who puts their mind to it can sell their writing. Greeting cards and adds may seem not real writing, but as the author point out, every writer has to start somewhere pointing out that Salman Rushdie once wrote adds, and that if your writing and getting paid even for short pieces of writing your honing your skills, and more importantly you’re earning money as a writer.
Written with humour, sharing writing experiences with tips on every page,
and with lists of paying markets, this is a great guide for pointing the writer who hasn’t been paid yet in the right direction.
on 13 June 2014
Inspirational and not full of obvious stuff, this book is well worth the money - for market listings if nothing else.

If you want to get some quick information on a variety of writing opportunities then this is the book for you.

It inspired me to try out some of the ideas straight away, including this that I had never thought of before. I think one of the main benefits of the book is that it helps you get over the inertia of trying something out. The author really helps make things seem less daunting to try.

He also comes across as a genuine expert on this subjects.
on 29 June 2014
Great book - full of useful information, very well written and inspirational.

This book has made me believe it really is possible to be a writer which no other book on the subject has ever done!. The exact opposite of most Kindle "books" - masses of "content" (500 pages worth) and excellent value for money.
on 13 January 2015
This is a beginners' book, providing an interesting look at different opportunities in writing, some of which I hadn't considered before. The title is a bit misleading, suggesting that it's easy to make cash writing. It isn't - it's a hard slog and some markets are very difficult to break into. That's something that the author admits repeatedly. It's hard work, not easy - but it's rewarding if you succeed. The author also admits that there are plenty of people who will ask you to work for nothing, and he encourages you to avoid these people and focus on the paying markets. He provides some useful lists of paying markets in different genres, and provides insight to some areas that I haven't worked in before, that I think I'll investigate further. Worth a look, and a better book than I'd feared! :-)
on 2 August 2014
This was money well spent. I know some people will look down their noses at "that" kind of writing, but "that" kind of writer is the kind who is being paid to do it. If that's something interests you, then you need to read this book.
on 7 August 2014
This is a really good book. I completed a creative writing course earlier this year, and this book tells you much of what it says in that course, except this gives more detail. I am very, very impressed. Thank you Rob.
on 11 September 2015
An okay-book. I really like it. It injected a new resolve to start writing again after I promised myself I wouldn't go down that road anymore. Thanks Rob.
on 15 March 2015
Some good articles. Lots of the market information would be better off sourced online imho but there are quite a few ideas that you may not have thought of.