on 1 June 2013
I bought this to help me with my A Level chemistry. I like being able to visualise the 3D shape of compounds and bond formation and such, and it's helped me get my head around some of the trickier concepts. But also I'm just a bit sad and enjoy playing around with it. The kit could've been a bit better by including atoms that you can do ionic bonding with (mainly talking about the lone pairs on oxygen and nitrogen) but you can't have everything. It is just lumps of plastic after all. Stil a good product.
on 10 August 2013
I bought this for my grandson's 9th birthday. He's a Lego and Kinex fan and enjoys playing with this too just in a building way. However, I've shown him (using this kit) just what happens when Methane or Coal burns and why sometimes CO is formed instead of CO2. I also use it to explain what is actually happening when he plays with his Chemistry Set. It pleases me that some of this is teaching him something which he will encounter one day at school.
Regarding the kit itself - it is very well made and will last years. Very good value for money.
on 15 January 2014
A great Item! Thanks so much! I'm in the 4th year of my undergrad chemistry degree and this is just as good, if not better, than any MolyMod I've used! Really affordable and fast delivery :) - would suggest including an inventory in the box with which atoms are which, but can be found on the item page.
on 6 April 2014
Very good, only thing disappointing is that it did not come with a guide booklet, but this info was found on the web. For this price it is really good and I would recommend it to any chemistry enthusiast.
on 10 October 2014
i got a bit excited when i bought these but then a little annoyed when it said delivery would be 7 to 21 days, it wasn't! they arrived within 4 days of being dispatched, all parts there and more than enough atoms and bonds to play with! i absolutely love this set, only issues i have had was a few of the bonds were very stiff when fitting them into the atoms but with the number of them you get there's no need for you to worry! great value product, much better value fro money than the official molymod sets and it does the same ting! best product i have bought in a long time and will be really beneficial for my a level chemistry studies as i can now visualise the bond angles and molecule shapes
on 16 November 2015
Sadly, although this is a great product it was sold to me missing a few atoms!! So I sent it back and ordered from another company. If it came complete I would have been very happy about it.
on 24 October 2014
Is what it is. The pieces are sturdy, no labels on them so you can pretend they are whatever elements you want to play with. The connecters are nice and hold really well together. Box does need to be a little deeper as once out you ain't never getting it all back in and lid on as before but meh no big deal. The price is very good for what what you get. Very happy with this and would recommend.
on 31 October 2014
Brilliant set. I am taking A Level biology and chemistry and it really helps to visualise different molecules using this set. As others have stated, some parts are a little difficult to put together- but at the end of the day; you get what you pay for! If you are looking for a cheaper version of Molymod, this is perfect.
on 1 July 2015
This is a great value kit, ideal for school use. I tutor chemistry up to Advanced Higher level and believe this kit is perfect for making up molecules to visualise their 3D structures and the making/breaking of bonds. Also handy if pupils are finished early as guaranteed one will make a poodle ;)
on 5 April 2015
Next day delivery as promised. I wanted one of these for a long time. I came across it when I was looking for something else so I grabbed the opportunity. I want to model molecules as an intro to chemistry for my grandchildren. Pus I like the look of them. They are an art form.