4.0 out of 5 stars Nice wine but...
Now I'm no wine expert (and nor do I pretend to be), but I do know when I like a bottle! This bottle was rather nice - smooth and mellow. I got this at half price in one of the lightening deals and as much as I think it's a lovely bottle of wine I would not consider paying full price for it (maybe I'm just a bit tight) and so hence only 4 stars.
Published 11 months ago by M Allan

2.0 out of 5 stars Past its best
Published 3 months ago by Sid Nuncius

2.0 out of 5 stars Past its best, 27 Dec. 2014
Sid Nuncius (London) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This was obviously a very nice claret at its peak, but the bottle we had was definitely past its best in December 2014. There were still hints of deep and complex flavours, but they were faded and were all overlaid with those notes of stale sherry and a rather poor finish which you sometimes get when a wine is getting tired. Others have obviously had bottles which are still excellent, but treat with caution - it's a lot to spend (well, it is for me) on a bottle which might be too old to enjoy at its best.

(It is worth saying, though, that Laithwaites will refund you in full if you don't like any wine. They are always very courteous and helpful about it, so you'd be safe in that knowledge of you wanted to risk it.)

2.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery but poor product., 22 May 2014
I bought this as a treat to myself and was most unhappy to find the cork mouldy and the wine tasting and smelling of dirt. I contacted amazon who have given me a full refund for the product. Once again great service from amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice wine but..., 29 April 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars The wine is good but not worth £26 per bottle, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Chateau Ramage La Batisse Red Wine Bordeaux Cru Bourgeois 75cl (Case of 6)
Good wine if you leave it to breath for a couple of hours and decant but I would judge the wine at about £9 per bottle not £26.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have tried this wine from Laithwaites and thought it ..., 20 Nov. 2014
I have tried this wine from Laithwaites and thought it was really lovely...very smooth. Make sure you decant it though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 31 Mar. 2015