on 19 June 2015
Bit of background about my situation to put the review in context. I like out in a rural cottage north of Aberdeen. Fields all around growing various crops. Cats and dog live inside. Non smokers.

I bought this as my other half suffers from severe hay fever and I suffer from mild symptoms when there is any kind of production going on (cutting of crops etc) that whips up things into the air. There is little getting away from it out side but I wanted to be able to clean out the air inside to give us relief from symptoms. As our property is old it does suffer from damp on one of the walls with occasional mold which again we wanted to deal with. The exterior has been sorted but we are just waiting now on the walls drying out properly.

Two weeks on from purchasing and I have to say I'm incredibly impressed with the unit. It was a little bit bigger than I was expecting and yes it is too loud even on the slowest setting to sleep with on unless you are used to sleeping with white noise. However putting it in the bedroom an hour before we go to bed on the highest setting clears the bedroom out. I no longer wake up in the morning with a sore throat and my other halves hay fever symptoms are greatly reduced. I generally leave it on in the living room during the day on the slowest setting just to keep the air in the house clean.

After two weeks the filter is noticeably browner than it was initially! I have attached a photo showing it. Looks like I may have to buy a couple replacement filters more often than I would have liked but the freshness in the air and even the smell of dog has been taken care of. I'd have that brown on a filter than in my lungs.

I'm afraid I can't provide any comparison to other air filters as this is the only model I've tried.
review image
on 2 September 2014
Excellent product we have noticed a difference almost straight away, my wife no longer is suffering with the symptoms of a runny nose or sore eyes.
on 17 September 2014
great machine ,does as it says .i got for house i live a person smokes lots and cleans the air,and hoprfully help my hayfever too.very quick delivery ,easy to use no setting up ,well packaged and nice and compact,smallish size ,very happy
on 22 February 2015
Filter clears the carpet dust created daily. I get itchy with the carpet dust, within a day of this filter the itch lessened. After a few weeks, it is almost gone. Couple of days I didnt use, itch started to come back.

Very noisy on high speed, still noisy on low speed. Cannot sleep with it on.
on 23 July 2015
Seems to freshen the air and control helps to vary the air flow. It can be noisy, but I have been able to sleep with it on, but then I'm a heavy sleeper.
Shame that a fragrance can not be inserted because sometime the purified air reminds me of a coolent frost type of smell. It was larger than I thought it would be, and is definitely for floor use only.
on 12 February 2015
i ordered the item, worked perfectly! after a day you could feel the difference!! unfortunately it broke down after few weeks:( i returned teh item with no problem and decided to buy the same and hoping it will last longer:))))
it does the job for me.
on 15 June 2015
Much louder than advertised. On the lowest setting it can still be heard above low average daytime noise. I'd like to be able to leave it on all night but it keeps my daughter & I awake. Shame as it was not cheap!
on 24 May 2015
I suffer from Asthma and Hayfever and struggle to breathe most nights. I was hoping an Air Purifier would solve my problems by removing dust in my bedroom. Most are quite expensive but this one was mid range for the features. I ordered the Silver colour, please note the picture advertised make the purifier look a white colour. It isn't (see my photo). You get three settings and the higher the setting, the louder the machine gets. The lowest setting is bearably to sleep with it turned on. I find if I put the setting on it's highest 1 hour before going to bed it seems to clean the air when I enter the room. It does seem to help me breath better at night, but it does make the room colder too. The purifer has a remote control and you can set the timer which is a great feature. The unit was bigger than expected, its dimensions are 37x17.5x22.5cm, not exactly small enough to look discreet in a bedroom. Overall a good product for the price and seems to be working as it should.
review image
on 26 June 2014
I purchased this as an aid to reduce the pollen content indoors and I have to say it appears to do the business.
on 15 August 2014
It is quite a powerfull compact unit and does what is says with respect to removing dust etc from air. I would have given it 5 stars, but it claimed it was wisper quiet on the box, certainly isn't in a quiet room. Be aware if you are buying for a bedroom, althought it is a constant background noise.