5.0 out of 5 stars Blast from the past
Published 23 months ago by Phase58

3.0 out of 5 stars OK story but didn't develop enough
Published 23 months ago by bluebell

3.0 out of 5 stars OK story but didn't develop enough, 23 Oct 2012
This review is from: Secret Light (Kindle Edition)
The synopsis made me want to read this story but when I did I found myself wondering when it was going to get going, so to speak. There was a plot, but it never really fulfilled its potential. Characters were ok, but not deeply enough defined for my liking, and the story didn't develop into what it could have been. When Rafe got beaten up outside his own home it was so easy to deduce who the culprit was going to be that it was just a case of waiting for the cop character to realise - he was far too slow in that regard. I was left a little dissatisfied when I reached the page that said "The End". Sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blast from the past, 3 Oct 2012
This review is from: Secret Light (Kindle Edition)
I don't think that people in their teens, 20's and 30's in 2012 realise how 'enlightened' the times we are living in now are. This was a sweet tale of times past when it was not only frowned on but illegal to be in a same sex relationship, thank goodness in most western countries that is in the past. As well as his relationship with another man Rafe had to hide his religious beliefs too because of his fear of persecution, and again we are lucky that all religions or lack of them are tolerated in the western world. Race, creed colour or religious beliefs should not stop you from being able to love who you want and this tale goes a little way to showing that.

Secret Light