4.0 out of 5 stars Fab at the start, bit boring towards the end
This Book was great from the start, esp if your or have been a member of cabin crew!
I loved it and knew exactly what she was talking about, but the last three chapters were really boring as her life as a crew member ended.
Disapointing end to a fab book! x
Published 13 months ago by Leanne Windle

2.0 out of 5 stars Puerile
Published 13 months ago by Emma Burns

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab at the start, bit boring towards the end, 3 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Cabin Fever: The sizzling secrets of a Virgin air hostess... (Kindle Edition)
Disapointing end to a fab book! x

5.0 out of 5 stars This is fab!, 21 Jan. 2015
I love 'behind the scenes' books and this is an exciting and well-written portrayal of exactly what it's like being part of the Virgin Atlantic Cabin Crew. The opening is very powerful, describing circumstances on the plane. Probably the worst you would think of. Yet it's all covered. I could soon see there was going to be so much more to the job than everyone thinks. After this, the book goes back to before, the events which lead up to her being a member of the cabin crew. Her then boyfriend beating her up. I wasn't expecting this. She wasn't the confident person she is now then-probably due to the abuse. She's a strong woman in that she didn't take him back, she saw through the apologies. I like how she mentions which track of music was playing at the time and it seems appropriate to the scene. I just love how she speaks through her writing; down to earth, gritty, interesting, tinged with humour, Mandy's own forthright, no nonsense voice. We learn about what's involved in the training/exams, acting out scenarios, seeing how they would cope. Facts about how long you have to escape before it's too late and what would happen next. A six week course and it doesn't sound as easy as you might think. She is sharing a house with some right characters! Virgin requires its female cabin crew to wear vivid red lipstick-I couldn't help thinking what if red lipstick doesn't suit you? It certainly doesn't suit me! You learn lots of stuff behind the scenes-it was just brilliant-loved all this! The grooming lessons-certainly not the picnic they sound. Just couldn't get enough of this book!-I have many behind the scenes books eg doctor/nurse ones but never any in this industry before. I love how she speaks coming through all the time in the book, just like you're having a friendly chat and she's telling you about what she used to do. There's rows and back-biting. Some of these wannabe air hostesses are 'prima donnas'-been to stage school etc. She has a great knack of telling her story-it's full of fun. Now, occasionally there is a bit of 'ooh-er language' in it, but it has a wonderful comical tone to it. Awkward customers/passengers, medical emergencies on board-for instance a lady suffered something terrible in the toilet. She did have doubts; despite it being something she always wanted to do, she had thoughts was she cut out for it? What the passenger says to Mandy is the common perception of an air hostess, obviously they do much more as you find out in this book. There are perks/plus points though. All the gossip's in here what passengers get up to and what the crew members get up too! So funny, some of the scrapes they get into-the cabin crew. Some language and sex here so some memoir readers may be put off reading it but I am reading it as a reveal-all, behind the scenes, no holding back type of book. I WANT to know! There's a very intense chapter-events of 9/11, Mandy swopped flights quite by chance with a colleague. There's so much in this book, crew parties, various incidents and emergencies on board, some of the celebs she has met/had conversations with on flights. A great and varied memoir, really enjoyed it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 Mar. 2015
I loved this book, my friends are air hostesses so I know how hard it is. This book gave a good insight of the lifestyle that they lead. I will now wonder what the cabin crew are doing and saying when I fly next.

Glad Mandy had a great career and is now 'finally home' with her family.

4.0 out of 5 stars 50 shades of cabin fever, 3 Dec. 2014
I loved reading the insight into being a flight attendant with Virgin and it has inspired me immensely to go get the job. I feel really fired up now, so that has to be worth the 99p I spent on it. .

I did feel as though I was reading 50 shades on several occasions, which wasn't what I wanted to read about but, then again, what do you expect from a book called "Cabin Fever"? It goes without saying that there will be some sauciness in the book, which is probably why it has sold so well.

It's not going to be to everyone's taste, and it certainly seems to have bothered some readers, but I did enjoy it, even with all the innuendos. If sex is your thing, there's some of that inside, and if being a flight attendant with Virgin is your thing, it'll get you motivated like nothing else. So read it and decide for yourself. It's only 99p on Kindle right now.

2.0 out of 5 stars Puerile, 13 May 2014
I'm sure RB will appreciate the publicity in any form but I feel terribly sorry for those highly trained, professional women who will now have to endure even more lecherous, groping men on flights than before. The only thing I can give Mandy 5 stars for is putting a great airline with a fantastic safety record into disrepute. All "hosties" on all airlines have a great laugh but it's rather sad to see their competence exploited like this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Light entertainment, 12 April 2015
OK in parts, really just a diary of a stewardesses worldwide shagging

4.0 out of 5 stars An easy read, 1 May 2015
Enjoyable book, I found myself getting take. Away with the author on her adventures. Read the book very quickly as its pretty straight forward and to the point.

I really didn't like the constant and incessant stories about sexual exploits. Don't get me wrong - love a sexual exploit story but these were constant, drawn out, trashy and cringey. Halfway through the book I almost put it down because I started to dislike the author (she is very VERY full of herself) and her God awful 50 shades of grey type ramblings.

However, the adventures were great, stories quite funny. I had this book for free as a prime customer - don't pay more than a few quid for it x

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining Read, 9 April 2015
This is good and entertaining read. Probably worth warning that there are parts which are quite explicit, but certainly gives a pretty good portrayal of the highs and lows of life in the sky.

4.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend., 4 Oct. 2014
P. Bradley (London) - See all my reviews
Good book, easy read, although got a little bored towards the end as it got a little repetitive. I do wonder if the story is slightly embellished for entertainment though...

1.0 out of 5 stars Too much about her sex life. Put me off ..., 24 July 2014
Too much about her sex life. Put me off flying with virgin if this is how all their staff behave.