5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning
Published 3 months ago by Anna Z

3.0 out of 5 stars Sounds like one long beautiful song -lacks variation!
There is no doubt this woman has a beautiful voice and many of the songs are delightful. The whole album however, has a melancholy feel with one song melding into the next. I can’t help but feel the tracks would benefit from a greater range of tempo/style.
Published 1 day ago by EnglishLitchick

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 19 May 2014
This review is from: A Thousand Hearts (Audio CD)
Cara Dillon has done it again. Her previous album received universal praise and rightly so. After a couple of listens, I must say I like this one even more. The highlights are many: the multitude of voices on Bright Morning Star, the gorgeous instrumental interludes, especially on My Donald, and of course Cara's trademark crystal clear vocals. My personal favourites are two upbeat traditional songs: Jacket So Blue and Moorlough Mary, which showcase both Cara's beautiful voice and the instrumental prowess of her band. The album contains also two contemporary covers. Both the ominously intense Shotgun Down the Avalanche and the gentle River Run sit seamlessly alongside the traditional material. I may try to write a more coherent review later, but now I'm going to give the album another spin. You won't regret if you do the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is incredible, 21 May 2014
This review is from: A Thousand Hearts (Audio CD)
I have everything Cara's ever done, and this just tops the lot - and that's saying something. Cara Dillon albums don't come along very often, which only serves to emphasise that when they do, the ground trembles. Cara's crystelline vocals with Sam's melodic pianowork and the depth and support of the stringed instruments here and there brings out the heart of the stories they are telling. The production of the album is second to none and it is clear than an awful lot of work, time and love has gone into this treasure. I love love love this album and can't recommend it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Brilliant!, 11 July 2014
R Heany (Co. Tyrone, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Thousand Hearts (Audio CD)
Just Brilliant! I don't know how Cara and Sam do it, but they seem to get better and better with every new release. I didn't know how they could top the amazing "Hill Of Thieves" but they have. I love the variation of quick and slow, traditional and contemporary, happy and sad. It's a truly wonderful collection and Cara's voice is incredible throughout. She sings with such feeling and power but I'm most impressed when she's lilting away to the faster numbers (which is really not that easy...believe me). The musicians are stunning, fresh, vibey, moody and above all, very musical. This album throws wonderful melody after wonderful melody at you and I never get tired, almost every song is already a favourite. I Cannot recommend this enough...destined to be another classic Cara album!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cara and the amazing musicians who support her and on vinyl, 27 July 2014
This review is from: A Thousand Hearts (Audio CD)
Cara and the amazing musicians who support her and on vinyl, wow does it get much better!

A thousand thank you's for another highly enjoyable album its a real treat to listen to you all perform on such a well produced album. We are looking forward to seeing you all perform live again asap it always makes for very enjoyable night out combined with some more strange but true facts from Sam it was Wombats square poos last time.

River Run & My Donald, I don't think anyone can hold a candle to how Cara can convey emotion through song its just beguiling to listen to.

Good night and joy be with you all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe in angels, 19 May 2014
I'll keep this brief.

To listen to Cara Dillon sing is to wonder whether we mortals shouldn't pray a bit more.

Yet another miraculous set from the best female voice in folk.

What I'd give to have her as my satnav voice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good CD., 13 July 2014
G. Johns "Gez" (Dorset. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Thousand Hearts (MP3 Download)
What a fantastic voice cara has. Some great tracks especially including the brilliant Bright Morning Star.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 13 July 2014
Mr. Owen Ashby (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Thousand Hearts (Audio CD)
Great. I like it. I love what you did with Track 2 particularly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cara Dillon - A Thousand Hearts - Her finest album!, 5 July 2014
This review is from: A Thousand Hearts (Audio CD)
This is an exceptionally fine album and surely the best ever produced by Cara Dillon.
Her beautiful and clear voice make every song a real joy to listen to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dillon Rules., 3 July 2014
This review is from: A Thousand Hearts (Audio CD)
Simply stunning. Superb. I can only hope she does not keep us waiting as long for the next one. Not a single duff track but then there never has been one. Album of the year in any genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
This review is from: A Thousand Hearts (Audio CD)
Beautiful voice and great music

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›