5.0 out of 5 stars Moon At The Window, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: Moon Rang Like A Bell (Dig) (Audio CD)
This album is amazing. If I had to suggest a track it reminds me of I would point to Teardrop by Massive Attack and Elizabeth Fraser - but Hundred Waters sustain that haunting quality over nearly 50 minutes! A spooky piano is the main reason I love listening to this album, it swirls and broods, while the singer Nicole Miglis (who I think is the one playing the piano as well?) gives the kind of vocal performance I imagine comes through a tear-soaked hankie, a kind of tiptoed dance around the songs. Such sturdy yet fragile melodies. As the album progresses, the piano is engulfed by synthesisers, even getting a bit clubby on [Animal], but the mood is not broken by this, only spiced up. The booklet with the CD includes the lyrics, but I don't want to know what they are, I just want to twirl through wood-panelled rooms under dusty chandeliers with this music in my mind. My absolute favourite song is Out Alee, followed by Down From The Rafters. I would suggest you not be put off by the first track Show Me Love, which is a tad twee. It's an album to listen to from start to finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best album of 2014, 2 Nov 2014
Berend Badger (Madison, Wisconsin USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moon Rang Like A Bell (Dig) (Audio CD)
Best album of 2014! Favorite songs are Murmurs, Cavity, Innocent and Down from the Rafters. If you like this, also try their first album. It's an under appreciated gem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Oct 2014
This is such a good album, recommend if you want to hear something different and done very well!

Moon Rang Like A Bell (Dig)
Moon Rang Like A Bell (Dig) by Hundred Waters (Audio CD - 2014)