5.0 out of 5 stars ♥♥♥♥ SUPER FUNNY ♥♥♥♥ =(^.^)=
I am eight and I liked this book because it was really really REALLY funny.
Published 1 month ago by Avid Reader

2.0 out of 5 stars The first few pages are hysterically funny. Then sadly turns into a simple collection of ...
I bought this because of the reviews but it didn't live up to expectations for my 9 year old. The first few pages are hysterically funny. Then sadly turns into a simple collection of things to do - not really a story and not particularly interesting. Shame as it has a lot of potential to be great.
Published 3 months ago by Baloo

5.0 out of 5 stars ♥♥♥♥ SUPER FUNNY ♥♥♥♥ =(^.^)=, 13 Nov 2014
This review is from: The Stick Man With a Big Bum: (a children's book for ages 7,8,9,10,11) (Kindle Edition)
I am eight and I liked this book because it was really really REALLY funny.
My favourite activities that I have done so far are ’Live by the Dice’ one which you rolled a dice and there is 6 things to do. If you get 4(on the dice when you roll), you need to do the 4th thing on your list of 6 things. And I played this with friends and had a mix of 3 silly stuff and 3 normal stuff on the list and it was the best fun ever. We ended up eating yogurt upside down on the monkey bars but most of it didn’t get eaten.
And the Invisible Ink one is sooooooooooooo COOL I actually did it with my name and then the whole family started sending funny messages and pictures to each other. =)
There are lots of activities and I can’t wait to do the rest.

It was funny when Eric said to just look at his extremely sensible face or his rather nice hands instead of his bottom. But the pictures of Eric were so funny that I couldn’t stop looking at his bottom! Sorry Eric!
And I hope that Eric gets 99 reviews so that Jeremy Mothballs will help him buy a rubber duck.

I think this book is REALLY cool for stickpeople and people.

5.0 out of 5 stars The amazing eric, 8 April 2014
It goes to show that nobody is the same, which is what Eric says. Anyhow, the two characters seemed to be enjoying their lives together and their NEW friend (once enemy) seems nice. Overall, this book is absolutely hilarious and I would give it a 5-star rating fir all of the excellent humour

P.S-I hope Eric gets his rubber duck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun story, adorable illustrations, great activities, 18 April 2014
My niece really enjoyed this book and it's possible I enjoyed it just as much, if not more. It's such an engaging idea, the story is fun whilst also slipping in some important messages, the illustrations adorable, interacting with the author and just completely and hilariously ignoring any sort of fourth wall. And of course the activities are great. The style is straight forward, not talking down to kids, just friendly and entertaining. I really hope it will catch on, I will certainly be mentioning it around and wanted to leave a review because it's just that good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky, cute and educational, 16 May 2014
Victoria Collins (Burnage, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
My nine year old daughter and I have been reading this book together over the last few days and are still enjoying it. She picked it out and it looked interesting. It's a quirky, not so little story about a stick man and his creator and is loaded with great ideas you can do with you children whilst being "discreetly "educational.

Learning through fun is a great way to educate.
The story of Eric and Jonny's adventures are positively charming and the tone the author sets throughout the book, lacks any form of condescendence, an issue that many writers of children's books fail to overcome.

The story moves forward quickly enough to keep kids engaged whilst throwing in just the right balance between laughs and learning.

The big bottom theme is interesting, maybe more lessons could be taken away from this too!

We really have enjoyed this book and I would recommend this to anyone, anytime (bedtimes especially as you get the opportunity to plan out activities for the following day) and it's great value considering the size and number of activities within it.
It's also great to read together however, I think the book is easy enough for kids to read on their own too, should you need five minutes peace.
Would happily buy more from Jonny Staples.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuinely adorable, funny and original - recommended for 7-12s, 6 April 2014
I feel a degree of pride being the first person to review this book, because it really is genuinely adorable and I've no doubt that many more 5-star reviews will follow. Eric "the Stickman" Trum is surely set to become a household name, along with his mortal enemy (and by unfortunate coincidence, next door neighbour) Jeremy "the Enemy" Mothballs.

The book charts the adventures of Eric who, with the help of author Jonny, attempts to alleviate his boredom by undertaking a series of actives. The activities are fun and engaging, and suitable for children of all ages. The book includes instructions to carry them out, and they are all easy to do, although Eric has trouble with some of them because of his large bottom - you'll need to read the book to know more!

The Stick Man With a Big Bum has lots of cute pictures of Eric and his bottom (just try not to look at it), so even reluctant and younger readers can give it a go. So far I've done 5 of Eric's activities, and I laughed with recognition at the coin trick as I once did that as a child! Which suggests the book might appeal to less mature 30-somethings too!

Overall, it's enormous fun, and hopefully it's the first of many books featuring Eric (and his bottom).

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant educational fun, combined with a cute, simple and original character that children will adore, 15 Nov 2014
What an original idea, a stick man with a big bum, of whom comes alive. With an intriguing and hilarious personality, stick man with a big bum and his artistic creator explore daily activities that children can do, learn and have fun.

The way that the activities are presented, combined with the story element certainly provides for an interesting and innovative educating medium, of which children will love, enjoy, and follow along. The illustrations might seem a little simple, but they have a unique raw quality, that makes them perfect for children to easily grasp and visualise the task at hand.

Overall, an entertaining and educating read that will have children smiling and giggling, whilst making learning fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's all be different and life will be brill, 9 Jun 2014
I loved the diary style of the book and I think I did look at the big bum. the book gave me a lot of good ideas I might try if I ever get bored. How do you sleep for a week unless you're an animal that hibernates and how much did the jelly beans weigh?

5.0 out of 5 stars Eric trum is great fun, 4 Jun 2014
This is the funniest book, my kids loved it! Great for bedtime reading and lots of fun activity ideas too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 10 Oct 2014
When I started this, I wasn't convinced my 9 year old son would like it. I was very wrong! He was quite often chuckling and really enjoyed the ideas to try out at home. So much so, we are now halfway through the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars an 'epic book' as quoted by my 10 year old, 25 Sep 2014
In the words of my 10 year old......it was a great adventure with Eric Trum and his mate Jonny. Easy to read and we will certainly be trying all the activities. They sounded great fun