There's no denying it, the taste is strong, but it's certainly not unpleasant, and I personally find them much nicer to take than the shots. To mask the strong beetroot flavour, they're very sweet indeed, but to someone with a sweet tooth, this is no bad thing!

It's worth bearing in mind that you're not only getting the nitrate benefits of the shot, but also a slow-release energy packet in the form of the 50% oats content. I've switched to these instead of the oats and I find them a great addition to my arsenal of dietary means for maintaining a healthy BP. Highly recommended, as long as you don't mind the sugar kick.
on 13 May 2014
Beetroot... You either love it or hate it! I eat beetroot regularly and have to say these are absolutely delicious. Definitely helped my performance when eaten a couple of hours before going for a run.
on 3 February 2016
If only they tasted nice .... Will get you up hills though
on 12 May 2014
They don't even deserve 1 star. I've used the shots and they are ok but these taste awful - completely inedible really hard to stomach. I sent mine back. Get some Clif or Trek bars instead.