5.0 out of 5 stars Korky Paul AND poo? What is there to object to?
Especially if you're three. My son loved reading this. We have some Andrae already and I enjoy reading his rhyming stories aloud. This was no exception.

Paul's Winnie-like illustrations were well-suited to the tale, familiar to us both and even seemed to include Wilbur the cat!

Young knight Sir Scallywag is called into action when Baron Greedyguts...
Published 6 months ago by K. J. Noyes

2.0 out of 5 stars I know kids love toilet humour
Bought this for my four year old son, who is a big fan of Sir Scalliwag and the Golden Underpants.

Published 5 months ago by Sheila Fa?

5.0 out of 5 stars Korky Paul AND poo? What is there to object to?, 20 Jun 2014
K. J. Noyes "Katy Noyes" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Young knight Sir Scallywag is called into action when Baron Greedyguts tries to steal King Colin's giant sweet machine using his own nefarious dragon poo weapon. A lot of poo is flung. For any child of this age it's a bit of a dream combination - sweets, poo, dragons, Korky Paul. And some fun rhyming text.

I'd not heard of this series and now have Sir Scallywag's first outing on order at the library. We love him, a resourceful young hero and a 'rude' sense of humour destined to appeal to the age group. Chortlesome stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of dragon poo... and so much fun!, 1 July 2014
Amazing book for me and my 4 year old daughter.. we have loved so many of Giles Andreae books in our home, from Giraffe can't dance to all the Captain Flinn series. Sir Scallywag golden underpants was my daughters favourite for a long time and when we saw this deadly dragon poo I knew this was going to be another great hit in the house.

My daughter loves adventure books and this is just want is up her street with funny sentences that she uses all the time and giggles. Very silly book however has a nice message at the end of the book. Definitely recommend this book to any parent and personally I think this one is even better than the golden underpants...

5.0 out of 5 stars another cracker from Andreae and Paul, 1 July 2014
This was a gift for my 18 month old and 3 year old from their grandparents. Its another fabulous outing for Andreae - the boys love the poo and where it ends up! if you are looking for a good book for pre-schoolers this should be on your list (although i must admit i found his Golden Underpants story truley hilarious!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 28 Oct 2014
not as good as the golden underpants, but what is!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Nov 2014
Granddaughter loved it, she said it was very hood

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Sep 2014
A really funny story my granddaughter loves it.

2.0 out of 5 stars I know kids love toilet humour, 25 July 2014

Had a flick through it and decided not to give it to him…it's just ridiculously crude, in my view. Yes, I know kids love toilet humour, but this takes it too far. One page reads: "A rumbling and a grumbling sound began inside their tums, and soon the foulest dragon poo came gurgling from their bums…"

I mean, seriously? Would you want a four year old repeating that?

I would far rather have a book that works hard to appeal to kids through its plot, characters, imagery, whatever, rather than this crass and frankly lazy attempt to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Shame as Giles Andreae is a gifted storyteller and I have loved all his previous work.

Having said that, many parents probably think that kind of language is fine and have no problem with their kids reading it, and that's great! But parents have to draw a line somewhere based on their own sensibilities, and this crosses it for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Oct 2014
Lovely book bought for Christmas

5.0 out of 5 stars great: )))))), 1 Nov 2014
great : )))))) !!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Knights and dragons, what more does a child need?, 6 Nov 2014
Pretty good