5.0 out of 5 stars US signature series blu-ray March 2012 release
This U.S. blu-ray has three choices of audio
DTS- HD Surround,5.1 Dolby surround and original mono in english.french and spanish audio in 5.1 dolby digital only.
There are a choice of six languages with subtitles including english for the hard of hearing.
I found the picture quality to be a huge improvement on the original UK release which really was a...
Published on 2 Jan. 2013 by gerrard

2.0 out of 5 stars ..."Too" Real For Blu Ray...
I'm afraid I have to agree with other reviewers of this Blu Ray version of William Friedkin's masterpiece. It looks awful a large part of the time, which completely ruins the other times when it shines.

Ironically, the problem lies in the film's strength - its gritty portrayal of New York and the drug culture taking a grip of it in the early Seventies. The...
Published on 26 Mar. 2009 by Mark Barry

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast action all the way through the movie, 18 May 2011
Mr. Gregory W. Robinson "gregoryr_oz" (Sydney AUSTRALIA) - See all my reviews
Everyone has seen this movie over the years. I have it on DVD & the quality is pretty poor.
The conversion to Blu Ray certainly increase the image quality, however I wouldn'd really say it was up to the standard of Blu Ray movies being relased on DVD.
But if you want this movie, then I would recommend buying Blu Ray over DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very big thanks for the great quality of box and blu-ray, 11 July 2014
This review is from: The French Connection - Limited Edition Steelbook [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Hi!
A Very big thanks for the great quality of box and blu-ray. See you in next orders. :)
Vladimir

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent movie, 7 April 2013
This is one of my favourite movies. I remember as a kid watching that car chase scene in awe. Hackman is a God in my eyes. He hit the role perfectly. A good cop but Very rough around the edges.
Not able to watch this at the moment as it will not play on my MBP, my home theatre is on its way over from the Philippines as I write. Looking forward to seeing how this compares with the previous release.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Scene in turn presented a thrill, 3 May 2000
This film is one of my most favorite films, it is brilliantly structured and shows some of the finest work from Hackman and Schieder. As a fan of 70's crime thrillers such as 'Get Carter' 'The Taking of Pelham 123' and 'Shaft' this film is the most thrilling and there are so many parts I like in it for many reasons. The film also made me want to see Hackmans other great films such as Mississippi Burning, Crimson Tide and Unforgiven. The film brings together a great cast, a great director and writers. My thoughts on the sequel are that it isn't as inspiring as the first but is still a good film.

5.0 out of 5 stars French Connection, 2 Oct. 2010
This review is from: The French Connection [DVD] (DVD)
A cult movie in a very good quality! Roy Scheider my you RIP. One of the Best Cop movies of all times.Have fun and enjoy it

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greatest films of all time!!, 15 Nov. 2000
The first time I watched this film I totally loved the intencity of it. Hackman was at his brilliant best and the car chase scene for a film of nearly 30 years ago is still the best ive ever seen. This film is a must see!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 July 2014
Excellent just what I wanted. A great price and fast shipping form an excellent seller. Highly recommended A +++++++++++

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 12 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The French Connection [DVD] (DVD)
I was looking for this film for a long time. Very good purchase. Matched perfectly my expectations. Arrived on time

5.0 out of 5 stars The French Connection., 8 Nov. 2013
Mrs. Barbara J. Petersen (Australia) - See all my reviews
One again for my husband, but I watched it through and got with the plot, well done nice to see on blu-ray.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 18 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The French Connection [DVD] (DVD)
Gene Hackman won an Oscar for this you know.want to know why? Watch it and you will find out homeboys.

The French Connection - Limited Edition Steelbook [Blu-ray]