Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 September 2014
It's a very rare occasion that I decide to review an album, but after hearing this truly epic LP I felt compelled to do so.

This, in my humble opinion, is mayhem's true return to form. Like a atom bomb landing on my stereo and blowing my f***ing head clean off. Forever pushing the boundaries and perceptions of what black metal is, mayhem are, and have always been pioneers.
I'm not going to go on about why this album is better than anything they recorded after wolf's lair abyss, nor shall I harp on about how euronymous himself must be looking up from the pits of hell with a sinister grin. It's simple really, if you like mayhem at their absolute blasting, evil, supreme best then buy this album, if not go and buy cradle of filth's latest drivel.
BLACK F***ING METAL how it should be played.
on 6 July 2014
Prompt delivery, come the day it should of! This cd from Mayhem, is more straight forward than Ordo ad Chao and more in the line of"Wolf lairs Abiss" & "Chimera" which would appeal to fans of Satyricons "Rebel Extravaganza. " I find this band very evolved and the guitar work is of the same high standard as Blasphemer, Atilla still sounds as inhuman as ever! What'd be ace would be a Mayhem album with Atilla and Maniac singing all the tracks!
on 14 August 2014
Strange and angular, verging on Deathspell Omega territory at times but remaining uniquely, defiantly Mayhem.
on 1 September 2014
A Fine return to form, best album since "Grand Declaration of War"
on 11 December 2014
AWESOME.
on 12 June 2014
Been wanting this CD even before it came out. I'm really pleased with it and I think it is absolutely awesome.