5.0 out of 5 stars Eye Wateringly Impressive! Gaming is amazing.
Published 5 months ago by Daviddewisphotography

It's only fair that I am completely honest about this review so lets start with why I have given it 3 Stars . Well the first problem I had with this monitor was the backlight had an issue , I could see a massive bright white wavy line on the screen on white backgrounds ! Not a massive issue but once you notice it you see it all the time.

I have been using 1440...
Published 4 months ago by iJason

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye Wateringly Impressive! Gaming is amazing., 11 July 2014
This review is from: Asus PB287Q 28 inch Widescreen Ultra HD 4K LED Monitor (100M:1, 300 cd/m2, 3840 x 2160, 1ms, DP/HDMI/MHL) (Accessory)
4k need to be seen to be believed. It is not the same as 1080p with high levels of Anti aliasing or super-sampling. That argument is just stupid. The same way that a 480p video with MSAA or SSAA wont look anything like 1080p. This leaves reviewers with the problem of how to get across how nice the monitor looks when most people have 1080p screens so cant see 4K content. All i can say is that the monitor looks great, Bezel and all. The stand can be set any which way with full swivel and tilt with portrait mode supported. If that still isn't good enough for you, it has the option of VESA mounting so you can buy your own stand. As far as the TN panel goes, its amazing. Contrast isn't going to match an IPS panel, but colours (10bit panel), vibrancy the 1ms refresh time make up for this. Could not recommend this enough.
NOTE: you really do need a good GPU or 2 to run games on this monitor at 2160p (4k) I have Xfire R9 290s. Xfire averages 60fps with single GPU averages 30fps. You DO NOT need Anti-Aliasing at 4K unless your pixel peeping. If you can afford the extra performance, then knock yourself out (up until 2x or 4x MSAA) but don't waste performance on AA if it means losing out somewhere else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy go for it!!, 28 Aug 2014
Awesome monitor just make sure you use display-port and change it in the menus to the 60hz version. I didn't you had to select it manually. near zero lag with d-port!!! hdmi was quite a bit of input lag though so I recomend getting a gpu with displayport I am going through min d-port to the monitor.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good entry level 4K monitor, 26 Jun 2014
Picture quality / compatiblity is good, only thing you will find is that scaling in windows is not consistent,
for example in Youtube everything scales properly except for the play / volume controls which become ridiculously small,
I suppose this will be fixed eventually ( hopefully they dont expect us to upgrade to windows 9 for that )
No backlight bleeding at all on this monitor and white uniformity is fine.

Downsides - TN panel, the colour initially looked a little washed out to me although it seems approximately accurate
colour of identical icons varies slightly depending on which area of the screen it is located so you may notice the TN effect without even moving your head.

For me it causes slight eye fatigue so after a couple hours use I really want to take a break for a while,
which doesn't happen with previous screens I've had. The good side though is it has no PWM flicker so its not
too uncomfortable. The fatigue might reduce if you view it from 3 ft +, text is still readable at that distance.

Also it should be mentioned that we pay the equivalent of $300 more than the americans do for this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars As a monitor it seems good but I don', 12 Nov 2014
My one came with US plug.

Also the display port cable included is for full size display port connector, so if you are going to connect it to a laptop you need to buy the mini - dispay port adapter.

As a monitor it seems good but I don';t have anything to compare it to.

My previous setup was Mac Book Air to an Apple Cinema display and the colours seem richer, but not sure if that is the monitor or the computer (I'm using a Surface Pro 3).

5.0 out of 5 stars ... have watched on it so far and the colours like so much better than any other monitor I have ..., 17 Oct 2014
This monitor gives a superb picture on all content I have watched on it so far and the colours like so much better than any other monitor I have used.

I am looking forward to watching some 4K content on it as it becomes more widely available and to gaming in 4K and the Xbox 360 and play station 3 look great through this monitor.

I have no hesitation in recommending this wonderful monitor and well done Asus.

3.0 out of 5 stars I have been using 1440 Asus ips for the past year & I have to say out the box the Color this TP panel produced was beautiful. Wh, 8 Aug 2014
iJason (Yeovil England) - See all my reviews

I have been using 1440 Asus ips for the past year & I have to say out the box the Color this TP panel produced was beautiful . When playing games at 4K is when this monitor comes a live , I am without doubt buying another one as soon as Amazon get them in stock and hopefully this time I wont have the light bleed problem..... I have been playing BF4 on ultra settings this past week and I have got more kills than I have ever got on 1080p or 1440 Res , I can';t express in words how much detail you see on a 4k screen but its amazing , Once you go 4K you won't go back. With the likes of the new 4K screen on the market and them being priced at £500 mark I think everyone should buy one if your a gamer , I have got 290x lighting and it plays all the top games with ease . Not always 60 FPS but as long as it doesn't go below 30 Fps you don't notice any lag.......

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular!, 10 Dec 2014
Here's a screen that will give you a taste of the future.
The result is BREATHTAKING.

The following comments are those of a humble photographer and not one of a gamer.

My PC runs on Windows 7 Ultimate, Intel Core i7-3820 @ 3,6Ghz, 20Gb RAM and a ZOTAC GeForce GTX 760 AMP! Edition graphics card.
The screen is connected with the DisplayPort, resolution is 3840x2160 à 60Hz.

The screen is WELL MADE and SOBER in DESIGN. So sober, in fact, that the control buttons are behind the screen. But don't worry, indications on the screen are logical, you'll only have to pinch with your thumb and index, and the index will naturally come and pinch the appropriate button. (Do you get that? :-/)
Height adjustment, tilting and rotation of the screen are all very easily done. The screen CAN be set perpendicular to the stand, it can even tilt slightly downwards!

There is NO light leaking to be noticed. NO dead pixel.

DEFINITION, FINESSE of characters, precision of colours are superb, sublime. ANGLE OF VISION is also impeccable!

However : if one leaves Windows as is, everything will appear microscopic on this screen. One has to modify Windows' parameters to display everything at 150% (Control panel/Appearance and Personalization/Display).
Some software are not (yet) adapted to this screen's resolution and will appear small. Firefox handles things well but I have added the Zoom (+/-) in the toolbar, to help facilitate viewing certain websites at the click of a button.

Photoshop CC 2014.2 is absolutely necessary to be able to work comfortably. Indeed this version of Photoshop has an option to double the size of the interface (Edit/Preferences/Experimental Features option 'Scale UI 200% for high-density displays (Windows only)'), a must if you wish to work comfortably with this screen.

In short, I think it is pretty clear, I am VERY SATISFIED with this acquisition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good monitor. I love the 4k, 11 Oct 2014
Very good monitor. I love the 4k. You have to see it and use it to appreciate it.

When I look at my old monitor (Apple Thunderbolt 27") I find it so out of dated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its like upgrading from old analogue TV format to HD 1080, 22 Dec 2014
Its like upgrading from old analogue TV format to HD 1080. Remember when that was back in the day? It was like ooh wow, everything looks real! Well multiply that by 4!
OK, so if your not buying this for 4k gaming then if your old graphics card supports the resolution at 30hz then this monitor will run perfectly for:
Excel - multiple workbooks on the screen at a time. No problem easy to view
Word
Outlook
Internet Browsing
Note, your mouse at 30 hz will look a feel a bit laggy, but its not really an issue.

Gaming.
I bought guild wars 2. Couldn't play it. The fps were about 1-3.
Upgraded to AMD 290 DD Black Edition. In the settings make sure DP1.2 at 60hz is on. On the graphics options, in my case Catalyst Control Center "make sure you download the latest drivers" and also set to 60hz
Windows mouse lost its lag :)
Guild wars 2 with all the settings on max, averages about 50fps. When fighting and having fast moving scenery it can drop to 25 fps briefly. Overall not really noticeable.

I certainly would buy this monitor again, it looks better than a Apple retina display by far.Now now 1080 TV looks really blocky now for some strange reason :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 16 Nov 2014
I cant explain just how much of a difference this Monitor makes in terms of gaming.

Its fast! And i mean Its so fast that youll notice it! The resolution is sublime, Im on a GTX690 24GB ram and an I7 4820k.
DCS World is full 4k and im getting 60FPS+, BF4 is 1080p still but jesus its good on this thing! Its completely changed the way i game for the better.
Everything is more fluid and tight.
Buy one of these!