5.0 out of 5 stars Borderlands 2 Vita
Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer

Published 4 months ago by pencil name

5.0 out of 5 stars Borderlands 2 Vita, 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: Borderlands 2 (Playstation Vita) (Video Game)
I've previously played BL2 on the PS3, getting my Comando character through to UVHM and completing most of the DLCs. I loved the idea of getting the game for the Vita as I bought one when they were first released and been pretty underwhelmed by most of the games I've purchased so far. I was a bit concerned by some of the online reviews posted by some of the gaming sites, but having now played a Mechromancer through to the last stages of TVHM, I question the objectivity of some of these reviewers. A few years ago I made a living writing reviews for a guitar magazine and if I'd reviewed a Marshall practice combo and moaned that it had shortcomings compared to a full stage-worthy 100W stack, my Editor would have laughed in my face. This is a massive game ported down to play on a hand-held console! It plays amazing! Yes, there are frame rate issues and I did get a bit of a graphics glitch once on my first play-through, but I've enjoyed it every much as playing on the PS3. I haven't found the control layout to be much of a problem either. I have ended up throwing grenades a couple of times by accident, but I've done the same thing with my dual-shock controller. I'm thrilled to bits with the game and hoping that all the moaning that it doesn't look as pretty and run as smoothly as it does on a PC won't stop the guys at 2K/Gearbox/Iron Galaxy from releasing the rest of the DLCs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing port of a brilliant game, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: Borderlands 2 (Playstation Vita) (Video Game)
Borderlands and Borderlands 2 were two of my favourite games on PS3, and I was delighted when I read that 2 was coming to Vita. I can see the argument that the Vita needs new and original content, but it is absolutely magnificent to play such a great game on the move.

The reviews in the press have been disappointing, and there are a few technical reasons why the Vita version isn't quite as good as the home console ones. It doesn't have quite as many enemies on the screen at once, there are some occasions where the framerate drops, and co-operative play is only two players, not four.

Of these issues, the first is frankly a non-issue, as the action is quite frantic enough. And the third doesn't affect me at all, as I never play online. The second is something that is noticeable, but so far (I've got up to the sanctuary and done a few of the missions from that point) hasn't made the gameplay any worse.

This is a very good value package - lots of downloadable extra content is included as well. If you do have the PS3 version, Borderlands 2 has a cross-save version, so you can play on your PS3 at the weekend, and then continue the adventure with your character on your Vita on the way to work.

At under twenty quid, this really is something that every Vita owner should have, I think it's second only to Persona 4 Golden as an essential Vita title.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably Good, 2 Jun 2014
This review is from: Borderlands 2 (Playstation Vita) (Video Game)
Having played Borderlands 2 on PS3 a while back and being a fan of the PS Vita I was thrilled though slightly concerned about the news that they were bringing Borderlands 2 to the Vita, as it seemed an amazing idea that could fail which made me wonder if I should spend £20 on it.

However this was possibly the best £20 I have ever spent, I have not been able to stop playing this game not only because Borderlands 2 was a 10/10 game in my opinion, but having it wherever I wanted-on a car journey or in my bedroom-just added to enjoyment. After hearing all these critics give such low ratings for this game I do have to admit that sometimes the frame rate does drop (worst I have experienced was 21 fps) and people new to the vita may struggle with the controls but after a while you will get use to it and enjoy the entire game on a portable device, and these low ratings are in my opinion a load of rubbish.

This game is a must buy for anyone with a Vita and if anyone is thinking of buying one then they should get it just for this game, I would happily have paid £35 for this (as it also includes some DLC packs which add to the length of playability) and is the best game so far for the Vita (Killzone Mercenary a close second for me though, but other people have other games they may like more) with probably more than 30hrs just for the main quest and DLC, with a lot of replayability.

10/10 again for Borderlands 2, and I am amazed in how they got such a massive open world game on vita with just as impressive visuals and gameplay as a console version.

4.0 out of 5 stars Frame rate is terrible, game still good, 31 May 2014
This review is from: Borderlands 2 (Playstation Vita) (Video Game)
Never played BL on any system but I have to say I really like this game. Just something about it that keeps you interested. The frame rate is pretty poor in places but never becomes unplayable. If you've played on a console it will probably seem worse.

Graphics I think aren't too bad, getting this on the vita is some technical feat as it's one hell of game in terms of size and scope. Shame the developer couldn't squeeze a few more FPS but you can't have everything.

3.0 out of 5 stars The framerate is a mess but otherwise this is the kind of games the Vita needs, 14 Jun 2014
This review is from: Borderlands 2 (Playstation Vita) (Video Game)
First of all, this is the full Borderlands 2 experience plus most of the DLC, which is quite impressive. The game looks great on still shots but in motion not so much, most of the time the framerate is around 20 FPS and sometimes it drops down to as low as 5 which can be really frustrating. However I can only complain too much since Ive put 20 hours into it so far and I intend to put even more since this is a perfect game for commuting. If you are willing to overlook the godawful framerate then you're in for a treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent game, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Borderlands 2 (Playstation Vita) (Video Game)
I'm about 8 hrs in and absolutely loving it so far. It's definitely a must-buy for the Vita.

Graphically it's impressive and whatever sacrifices have been made really aren't noticeable to me at all. I haven't noticed any significant frame drop yet either - though, admittedly, there has been some, though certainly nothing that has spoiled my enjoyment. I haven't had any glitches and I really don't miss lack of shadow effects at all.

I read too that the controls were hard to master but I have no problems with the rear touch for melee and running. It's something I'm pretty familiar with now anyway.

So far it's far exceded my expectations and I'm really enjoying it on the Vita. Genuinely, I'm wandering what all the fuss was about because I find very little to criticise the game for.

If you own a Vita then this should be in your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars I read the bad reviews but thought I'd try it for myself - ..., 11 July 2014
This review is from: Borderlands 2 (Playstation Vita) (Video Game)
Borderlands 2 on vita is quality , I read the bad reviews but thought I'd try it for myself - the game looks the dogs satchel , yes there is the odd graphical hiccup but certainly doesn't spoil the game overall. Not tried multiplayer yet but sure il get to it one day , for £20 u really can't go wrong ! 😜

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 2 Jun 2014
This review is from: Borderlands 2 (Playstation Vita) (Video Game)
This port of Borderlands 2 is absolutely brilliant! It is very faithful to its original on the xbox and playstation. I have played many hours on the console version and am very impressed with the handheld. The graphics are fantastic, the controls are great and its ace to have this game available wherever I am!!
Like people have mentioned, the frame rate is a little choppy at times, but it never becomes unplayable. The amount of enemies has been scaled down slightly but I think this was needed as the controls on the handheld aren't as pinpoint as the controllers. It is still as tricky to play, and plays the same as the console. I am addicted to it now!
If you love borderlands and own a vita this is a must buy, best £20 i have spent in a while!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Borderlands 2 (Playstation Vita) (Video Game)
Personally I really enjoy the game, it's addictive, fun and will hopefully entice other game developers to create games for the vita.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best titles on the vita but slightly flawed, 17 July 2014
This review is from: Borderlands 2 (Playstation Vita) (Video Game)
I can't believe the size of this game. It will last you hours (rumoured to be 60-70) if you take on all the side quests!
The game plays great on the whole! When the action gets hectic there's some slowdown and the game has crashed on me about 10 times in around 30-40 of hours play already! But the checkpoints are nicely spread out so it didn't cause too much distress. I can really recommend this game. There's some great missions, there's lots of different locations and lots of different enemy types. This plays much better than borderlands 1 where the enemies were complete bullet sponges! The rpg elements have been brilliant implemented!
I would of given it 5 stars if I didn't have the game freezes!
One of the best titles on the ps vita though without doubt.

Borderlands 2 (Playstation Vita)
Borderlands 2 (Playstation Vita) by Sony (PlayStation Vita)