4.0 out of 5 stars A very useful book
I have been using Visual basic as a means of keeping my mind active as I get older. Have found that books written by this author are easily understood so although I have tried other authors but always return.
Published 8 months ago by Old Couple

Published 15 days ago by Arto Kilponen

3.0 out of 5 stars Want a Windows Store book that repeats itself a lot? This is your choice!, 10 Nov 2014
This book is not very well named. It is almost purely about Windows Store programming and it repeats the same things over and over again. It is obviously meant to be part 2 for the "Start here!"-book. One example is that we have here a 700-page book about Visual Basic that doesn't have anything (according to index) about delegates. It also uses _a lot_ of space for explaining how to create a new project. It is ok if you state it once, but I'd guess it is explained like maybe 50 times thru the book. And when we are in part 2 of a book series, that is really not ok to underestimate the readers like that.

I can't give this a final rating yet, because I've read only the first 397 pages so far, but I have to say that "Beginning Visual C# 2012 Programming" was better by a mile. Sure, different language, but judging by the structure / writing style of the book.

Now the key here is that I can't recommend any other VB.Net 2013 book either, so if you want one, this might be it, but you have been warned.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the time, 13 May 2014
Book barely covers anything and for the most part, teaches weasel ways rather than showing how to actually code data objects and the like. Just use msdn and other online guides

4.0 out of 5 stars A very useful book, 18 Mar 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 30 Aug 2014
Good text, a bit hard going compared to Wrox books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Nov 2014
J. A. Zapart - See all my reviews
great film and bargain worth every penny

5.0 out of 5 stars good book., 24 Oct 2014
very informative. good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014