4.0 out of 5 stars The book to pass the Microsoft 70-519 certification exam, 3 April 2012
Goran Mrvos (Porec, Istra Croatia) - See all my reviews
The book helped us a lot to pass the Microsoft 70-519 certification exam. We also learned a lot from the book, specially about the best practices for developing web applications using the .NET framowork.
We use this book almost every day at work during developement but also during planning meetings.
The only drawback of the book is that it comes without a companion DVD so you have to buy a digital copy of the book separately and you don't have the exam questions in a digital format.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good revision for the exam, 11 Jun 2013
I bought this book in order to prep for the exam primarily as there is no Microsoft course specifically for it. I found it great for reviewing higher level concepts and I expect to use it as a good reference book in future when designing web apps.

The only thing I didn't like about the Kindle version is the table of contents which is at the back! I did not realise this until I had finished reading all of the chapters.

As usual the exam questions do not map 100% to the content in the book, so you do have to know your stuff and do some practice tests to pass. However, I would still recommend the book as it covers the main concepts and will make a good reference book later.