5.0 out of 5 stars Dummies Guide Without the Irritation
Microsoft Office Access 2007 Step by Step Book/CD Package (Step by Step (Microsoft))
I have used the series before and found it very helpful without the irritating jokeness you get with the Dummies Guides. The CD comes with many useful examples that really helped me to learn quickly. I don't think it's a complete guide but it is extremely good as a beginners guide.
Published on 5 Jan 2010 by A. D. Hosier

3.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing
An excellently written book with very user friendly practice files that walk you through creating forms, reports and some query functions.

However, once read I was still left with questions that I hoped the book would answer. How do you format a ribbon? Only 3 query types are covered and not enough attention is given to reports and forms.

For me,...
Published on 20 Dec 2007 by P. Parkes

3.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing, 20 Dec 2007
P. Parkes - See all my reviews

For me, brushing up on access skills after 7 years, it got me back into Access but where is the sequel to finish the course?

I Had high hopes for this book but am disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dummies Guide Without the Irritation, 5 Jan 2010
A. D. Hosier (Norwich, England) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok as far as it goes, 5 Jun 2009
Tony Jones "Tony" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This book takes you a bit deeper than a simple 'guide to office 2007' and as I got it reduced I was happy with the value for the money. I am interested in doing more with Access than I have in the past and this does scratch the surface in a number of areas; however I would suggest that to produce your own application a more specialist (and dearer) book would be required. On the plus side I now feel more literate in Access than I was.

NB - this does not teach database theory nor SQL in case you were wondering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped me get the job done, 18 Sep 2013
Nick B (Gloucester UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book to help me get to grips with Access. I wanted to use it to collect and analyse daily workload data from my team. The CD is useful to access the sample and demonstration documents as you work through the book. It is also well structured and clearly laid out so you can work through it step by step, or dip into it if you want to know how to do splecific things. All in all I would recommend it to someone with a working knowledge of Office programmes who needs to develop their knowledge of Access. It will certainly help if you have a task to complete

3.0 out of 5 stars ok if your new to access, 22 May 2014
I bought this hoping to use it just as a reference guide to syntax but it really is a brand new to access users book only. Nice clear pages and demos that work on the built in demo tables in access but if you are happy doing basic queries then this book isn't for you as your knowledge will probably exceed the book very shortly

5.0 out of 5 stars Good service, 22 Jan 2014
Excellant service used the book to pass my Microsft Academy exam. It arrived well ahead if the exam which was good.

5.0 out of 5 stars MS Access 2007, 12 July 2013
A very useful introduction to MS Access 2007. Well put together and easy to use. The practice exercises are well thought out to ease the novice into the software.

4.0 out of 5 stars Access 2007, 31 May 2012
Very good
Good practical guide to all the functions of the Microsoft Access 2007 application. You should make use of the CD and all the excercises associated,if you are studying from home then you should make sure to have a version of this installed on your PC.

3.0 out of 5 stars Access 2007, 7 Jan 2012
The book is quite big and can be daunting to any newcomer. Using commonsense you can work things out for yourself. I still think the book is a good buy but on the big side

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 22 Oct 2011
My school just upgraded to this version of MS Office so I am having to adjust to the newer versions of their products. I use this book a lot as a referance. I am giving it four stars because I feel that some very basic aspects Of where functions are or how they work are taken for granted and the user has to struggle a little to figure out these basic concepts. Having said that. I highly recommend this series. I purchased them all and like them over all.

Microsoft Office Access 2007 Step by Step