1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh new face in YA Books, 18 July 2014
This review is from: The Recruit (MTG Agency Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I'm already a huge fan of Fiona Palmer's Rural books and this YA book is a total depature from her normal books but I was willing to give it a try.

Have to say SO GLAD I DID! This was a great book and I'm soooo happy its just the start of a new series.

The Recruit is about Jaz, almost eighteen, in her final year at a fancy Perth High School and spends all her spare time working and working out at 'The Ring' everything from boxing & karate to yoga. She has two best friends, Anna who lives a few doors down and Taylor, the High School Heart Throb who Jaz which would notice her as more than a friend. Things are going relatively calmly in her life until Ryan walks into The Ring. Suddenly this hot mysterious 'bouncer' is everywhere and has a proposition for Jaz that could change her life. She soon learns that not everyone is what they seem and sometimes what we think want in life isn't what we need.

But is Jaz up to the challenge and can she lie to those who she really cares about?

This is a great read, not just for YA and in parts keeps you on the edge of your seat and guessing. You just want to sit down and read it all in one go. I'm so glad that Fiona is going to turn this into a series. I'm hoping it comes out in print.

The Recruit (MTG Agency Book 1)