5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Story - a MUST read
I have actually edited this review - the first one I wrote, I gave the author 4 stars and said the editing was poor - however she has since re-uploaded it with editing corrections and now the reader can just sit back and enjoy the excellent story telling.

Published 3 months ago by Mrs. J. Sandland

3.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to give this more, I really did
Published 3 months ago by SophieH

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Story - a MUST read, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Last Woman (Kindle Edition)

This is a MUST for any fan of the apocalypse. The characters are brilliant, the atmosphere is tense and I cannot wait for the author to write a sequel.

I would highly recommend this novel

3.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to give this more, I really did, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Last Woman (Kindle Edition)
This is a fantastic idea, I like Jacqueline's style of writing, I thought the characters were likeable and relatable, BUT the work is littered with errors, missing words, typos, and it really marred the experience of reading the story. I will read more of her work as I really did like the way in which she tells a story, but the errors were so irritating, an issue that definitely needs to be addressed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but too short., 4 April 2014
This review is from: Last Woman (Kindle Edition)
I love Jackie's books but some are just too short and this is one... It's a great storyline which I really enjoyed but it's too quick a read and at the end I just wanted more. Hopefully she writes a second one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sad it ended.., 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: Last Woman (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book. No zombies, which to be honest was getting boring after you've read half a dozen. Just a very good fast paced story with lots going on . And yes it comes to the end all to quickly when your really enjoying it. Hopefully there is a follow on book ( please).!!!!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor punctuation, spelling and grammar let down a good storyline, 25 April 2014
ElaineG (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Last Woman (Kindle Edition)
This is a story which really starts off pretty strong. Faye awakes from a coma to find herself in a real life nightmare. Whilst she has been “absent” the world’s population has been decimated by a flu type virus and she actually wakes up in a football stadium crammed with decaying corpses. I was intrigued as to what would happen next, Was she the only person left alive? If not, who would she meet and would they be good or bad? Why did this happen?

Not a bad storyline at all really, but the book is badly let down by the writing which reads like an unedited draft rather than a finished product. There are punctuation, spelling and grammar mistakes on most pages and at times the writing is really clunky, with whole paragraphs that took two or three reads to make sense of. One to be returned for a refund!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant apocalyptic novel!, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Last Woman (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book! Straight into the story from page one and completely hooked to the end. The characters are likable and the plot very easy to follow, so much so that I really couldn't put this book down. I have read other comments about errors etc, I found one or two but can honestly say that I haven't read any book, and I mean any, that hasn't contained an error. So come on guys, if you like an apocalyptic story line, give this book a go. The only downside I found is that I couldn't find a sequel. However, I have just found out that there is one coming very shortly! Whoop!! I will definitely be purchasing that: Jacqueline Druga has herself a new fan and while waiting for the sequel, fully intend to read all her other books.

3.0 out of 5 stars it was a really easy read, 3 hours had it knocked on the ..., 13 July 2014
This review is from: Last Woman (Kindle Edition)
Predictable and 'done before' plot, lacks depth and rawness , bit of a sharp ending... those were the not so positive comments...
aside from that, it was a really easy read, 3 hours had it knocked on the head and finished and I wanted to keep going ...
I also loved the fact that the author has actually taken on board what her reviewers said about the need for editing and done a rewrite.

Was it worth the couple of quid? Absolutely.
Would I recommend it? Yes I would.
Do I think the author is capable of a lot more? Yes .. and I would keep an eye out for future works.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good story marred by poor English, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Last Woman (Kindle Edition)
As a story, this one covers a lot of emotional ground. I'm not one for second guessing plots, preferring to immerse myself in the book, so for me, there were plenty of surprises along the way.
The only thing that I disliked was the writing style. Poor grammar with relatively frequent misapplication of words and a feel that was, to me, reminiscent of the sloppy version of English spoken in American TV shows. Maybe it was meant to feel relaxed and chatty, but to me, it just felt sloppy, detracting from my enjoyment of an otherwise very good read.

Don't let the standard of the language stop you from enjoying the story, because it's definitely worth reading. I'll be reading more from this author, but taking a deep breath before I start each book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Last Woman (Kindle Edition)
A good read not too scary for bedtime. No zombies excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: Last Woman (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book it was such a easy read I just wish it was longer I loved the ending I hope there is going to be a follow on.

Last Woman