on 23 April 2014
When I read the first teaser to this book I was highly anticipating it and dying to read it. I was right to feel this way because after reading it I can only say that I LOVED it. Every single minute I was reading it I was engrossed and never wanted the story to end.

Suzy is your typical woman, she wants things a certain way and thinks that’s how they should be. I loved that she grew so much throughout the pages. She learned that not everything needs to be perfect and that maybe sometimes perfect isn’t what you think it should be. She was amazing. She was so strong and I loved that she held herself together and never gave up on things. She was remarkable and gives you hope that you can get through anything and come out on top.

City! Wow, I never thought I’d say this, but I swear Chelle has created another man that I love and adore more than anything. I might even add I think I love him more than Kayden. Yes I said that, crazy huh. City was wonderful. I couldn’t stop reading about him and wanting to learn more about this mysterious motorcyclist who stopped to save Suzy! He had me hook, line and sinker as soon as he stopped and said “Need some help, lady?” I could just tell from the way Suzy was thinking he was going to knock my socks off. He is strong, caring, demanding, bossy, and knows exactly how to bring Suzy’s walls crashing down.

I loved reading City and Suzy’s journey. They belonged together no matter how different they were because of the way they made each other feel and how they wanted the other to be happy and safe. Their story is a beautiful yet sexy love story you can’t turn away from. I highly recommend giving City a chance to bring you crumbling to the floor and wishing he was real.
on 6 April 2014
3.5/5
[...]
In Short
- Throttle Me didn't live up to my hopes and exceptions.
- The characters had both good and annoying traits.
- I finished Throttle Me with very mixed feelings.

In Long
I'm so gutted that I can't give Throttle Me a 4 star review. There were many things which made this book a 4 star but a few things let it down which I think made it not quite a 4 star for me!

The characters were both very likeable with their own personalities. However they both irritated me in ways which I couldn't get past or ignore. City used the name Sugar way too much and it irritated me to hell and made certain situations totally cringe worthy! Suzy was a nice character but really foolish at some points and sometimes her stupidness was a bit over the top and naive.
Putting those things aside I really liked them both and enjoyed spending the time with them, especially City. I loved that he was a family man.

The writing wasn't always to a high a standard which other part of the books set it up to be and in a few scenes I really felt let down that a possible really good scene was over in two pages. It really should have been extended which could have meant slower parts of the book were erased.

Maybe I feel this way because the writing style wasn't for me. I definitely feel if it had been then this book would be more 4 or even 4.5 stars. I definitely recommend trying this yourself!
Final Thoughts
Throttle Me left me with really mixed emotions. Books which usually get below 4 stars are ones I am able to put down and forget about. I was able to put this down but I did find myself thinking about City and Suzy throughout the day and their story.
on 1 April 2014
Well done on another great book. Loved the characters-especially Joey. Unfortunately the MANY spelling and grammar errors cost this the final star! If I'm paying £2.49 I expect it to read correctly!!
on 2 April 2014
Loved this book such a good story about an alpha male who didn't give up on what he wanted loved it couldn't put it down ❤️❤️❤️
on 21 May 2016
As this was my first read of Chelle Bliss, I was really really excited to read Throttle Me because I had heard so much about this series and i'm sorry I hadn't started it sooner!! OMG it was awesome, I love City (Joey) and I can't wait to see what he does next. Suzy is an innocent sweet control freak who gets her eyes open by City, who is a sexy-ass motorcyclist a.k.a City McPierced Cock. My favourite quote from this amazing read:
"Sometimes life doesn't give us what were looking for, but it gives us what is supposed to be. We just have to be willing to take the plunge. Live a little. Take a risk for once."
It is totally HOT and definitely going to be hard to put it down once you start!! It's sweet sexy and HOT all rolled into one, take a risk and read Throttle Me you will not be disappointed!!
on 3 April 2014
Great characters, great story very hot and well worth waiting for, can't wait to read more from this author thanks
***Complimentary copy received from the author in return for an honest review***

Argh, I'm so torn between giving this book 4.5 and 5 stars!!!! Okay, so that's not a bad thing, still great ratings right?

Questions to me:

Would I like to read it again? Yes, probably (ok so that's worth 5 stars)

Was there enough storyline complexity to warrant 5 stars (possibly not, it was a great storyline but a bit too heavy on the romance for my liking, 4 stars)

Was it smoking hot? Absolutely (5* stars all the way)

Am I biased in my ratings because of my feelings for City (10* character rating so no, in no way was I biased just because I want City's babies!!!)

Am I mentally unstable (totally!!!!)

Okay, what the heck, here it is......

I'm giving it 5 Stars!!!!! Woohoo

Okay, down to business......

This is an amazing book which hooks you in right from the start. Everyone loves a good girl meets bad boy read and add a healthy dash of piercings and tattoos (on the bad boy, of course) then how could this book go wrong?

Suzy, a teacher, with a simple and uncomplicated life is looking to settle down with a man suited to her lifestyle. There’s only one problem though and that comes in the form of one tattooed, bike riding, bad boy called City.

***~City: “I’ve been dying to crawl inside of you since I saw you on the road. Hold on sugar, you’re in for one hell of a ride.”***

City is a tattoo artist, and the opposite of what Suzy is looking for in her ideal man but after a chance meeting he captures her: heart, body and soul. City rocks Suzy’s world but she fights her attraction to him and questions what sort of a relationship the two could have together beyond their amazing, off the walls sex. As Suzy pulls though, City pushes harder (in more ways than one!!!) and the two soon realise that opposite really do attract but can they work out their differences?

***Hovering over my body, he stared into my eyes and lingered just out of reach for my lips. Placing my hands on his chest, I felt the solidness of his body before digging my fingernails into his flesh. His fingers touched my stomach and I knew what I wanted. I didn’t want slow, but fast and hard…. all night long.***

I really enjoyed this book. Yes, perhaps it is light on plot twists and turns but there are some and they keep you on the edge of your seat. Suzy’s story could have been dragged out but personally I think this would have been a bad idea and I for one would have probably ended up hating her, especially if she continually pulled away from City using unnecessary excuses for why they shouldn’t be together.

City for me though was the perfect alpha male: hard and soft in all the right places ;) It’s been a while since a good alpha male has come along to satisfy me and City is totally that man!!!!

So, does this book have a cliff-hanger, NO. Does this book have a HEA, YES. Should I read this book, DEFINITELY. Well, what are you waiting for…… get those fingers a one-clicking!!!!!

Reviewed on behalf of Jezabell Girl & Friends….
on 8 April 2014
Ok lets just see here… my Tracy must read checklist.

Cover to make me drool…check!

Hot man…check!

Tattooed man…check!

Hot sex…check!

Foul mouthed alpha male…check!

Ok so this book ticked all my boxes as I read over the blurb so I thought I better read it, and what happened? I didn’t just read it…I devoured it! I loved this book…like seriously!

Joseph ‘City’ Gallo is a tattooed, motorbike riding bad boy. He doesn’t do relationships, he doesn’t want to get his heart broken again after the loss of his one true love. That is until the night he drives past a damsel in distress and his life changes forever. What can I really say about City? God damn…I want one! He is foul mouthed and I do so love a man with a dirty mouth. He also has a heart of gold and you get to see more of this as the story progresses, he really does care for Suzy, you just hope that she will get over her check list to finally see that maybe he is the guy for her!

Suzette ‘Suzy’ McCarthy knows what she needs from life, she has a list to tell her. She is looking for a safe, stable man that she can spend the rest of her life with. Unfortunately with that sort of guy also comes a very boring life. When a Knight in tattooed armour gives her a ride her checklist is thrown into doubt! Can she ever get past what she thinks she needs… to actually find what she needs? Will she be able to look past the hot body, tattoos and piercings of City to see the man he really is underneath?

I may have mentioned this before but I really loved this story! It is a hot story where you are rooting for all the characters to actually get it together. City really was everything that Suzy needed and you just got so frustrated every time she thought she needed something else, something boring…or creepy like Derek! But finally…FINALLY…she came to her senses and started to let City in. Their story was never going to be a straightforward story, they both come from very different worlds so they were going to clash, but sometimes opposites attract making the best relationships.

This is the first book in ‘The Men of Inked’ series and I cannot wait for more of this series. She has set it up so nicely that you want to find out more about each and every sibling in there! I want Thomas next…but any of them will really make me happy!

It was such a well-written book, it flowed so nicely and I just couldn’t put it down. I really could have read another ten chapters about these characters and I pray that there will still be lots of City in the next books as I will miss his hotness!

I recommend you all read this…but only if you like hot, tattooed, pierced, tattoo artists who rise motorbikes and have a filthy mouth! So yeah…most of you!
on 7 April 2014
Chelle Bliss is an author I have not read before. OMG what have I missed out on. There is a lot of books out there about bikers and tattoo's and once you've read one, some of them read a lot like the others. It takes someone special to write a book that stands out from the rest. And Chelle Bliss is that author.

I have read plenty of books about bikers and tattoos and I am sure like most people you have your favourite author for each particular genre. I have my favourite authors(mentioning no names) for particular genres that do it for me and who I hold high above any other genre of the same. I have added Chelle Bliss to that list of one of my favourite author's to read. I can't wait to read more of this Men of Inked series.

Girls, This book contains a Hot Alpha Man in the form of Joseph Gallo or City to his friends. This guy is so hot you just want to drink him in.

Suzy is a teacher and on her way home one night when her car breaks down in the middle of no where. She has no cell phone service and no way of knows which way is the right direction to head.

City is on his bike on his way to meet with friends in the local bar. When he spots someone broken down.

They both have baggage from the past, but will they be able to get past that.

I loved this book. It's amazing. I loved the pace it enthrals you from the very beginning. It is beautifully written. There is not one thing I didn't like or thought didn't fit. I love The characters.

I loved Suzy's character she is someone who you read about and can pick out someone you know who fits her character. She's strong, independent, but underneath she's vulnerable.

And City, well what can I say.... I hope that if I ever break down I have a City coming to my rescue. he's hot, sexy and an alpha.

Chelle, This book is outstanding. Its written perfectly. The characters are flawless. Its an exceptional must read. I cant wait for more.

This book gets 5/5 stars

You need to add this to your "TBR" list.

Throttle Me by Chelle Bliss
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Suzy’s a control freak and has her life mapped out - work hard, find a man with a stable job, and live happily ever after. She’s content with the status quo, but her plan comes to a screeching halt when he enters her life and turns it upside down.

City gave up on love when his heart was crushed in college, preferring to be the typical bachelor. He spends his nights hopping from one bed to another and his days working at his family tattoo shop, Inked. A chance encounter on a dark road makes him question what he had sworn off forever – a relationship.

A night of passion and lust causes them to question everything. Is City the knight in shining armor to the damsel in distress? Can their relationship survive when a fantasy falls apart and a secret comes out that changes everything?

This is the first book in the Men of Inked Series.

About this author

creative. Writing allows me an outlet for all of my naughty thoughts that my day job doesn't allow.

Like my page on Facebook... [...]...

My Review

Oh wow what a read, I really couldn't put this book down.

Suzy and City what a fantastic couple.

City a sexy biker boy who was hurt in the past and vowed never to love again until he found Suzy.

It was such a brilliant read and the author has done well with this book.

Just waiting now for the next