on 24 June 2014
Hard to imagine that this capacity of SD Card can be had for less than 35 UK pounds, indeed really hard to believe, however this thing actually has that capacity and read speeds are as advertised at 80MB/s I benchmarked the card in a USB 3 reader and it achieved its claimed rating.

I buy and use a lot of Compact Flash and SD Cards usually SanDisk mostly used for photography, this one however I bought to expand the storage on my laptop, specifically so I could offload some video content from my main drive so I could have card full of movies to watch while on holiday or out of the country on business.

This means that the card will rarely be written to, only read from, given that wear on NAND memory is through write P/E cycles (Program/Erase cycles) then I am hoping that it will serve me well with no errors as it will be written to very infrequently.

In terms of capacity I have just filled it, I have 858MB spare at this point so the advertised capacity is real, capacity is claimed in actual bytes as per most hard drives, Windows will report 119GB for this card which is perfectly correct and in line with standard capacity claims by all current drive manufacturers, you can work it out on the basis that 1KB is 1024 bytes as far as Windows is concerned.

For fellow ThinkPad users out there this 128GB card works in my old ThinkPad X220, it is hard to get information as to whether the X220 supports cards this size of card, answer :- it does. I can also confirm that this size of card works in the ThinkPad W500 (does take some time to read the directory structure but it works after that).

If this thing lasts then it is a phenomenal bargain, I will report back in a few months but so far I am rather stunned by this bargain, as the title says 'so far so good' :)
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 December 2014
I had doubts as to whether at such a low price one can expect to receive a genuine card. As everyone knows the market for microsd and sd cards is flooded with fakes which are really 4GB but are sold as having some higher capacity like 64GB or 128GB.

However, when I received the first QUMOX 128GB SDXC card (I've ordered THREE now) I have tested it thoroughly and was perfectly satisfied that the card is free of defects. I wrote data to its full capacity (119 GB) and read it back with no problems whatsoever. So, I ordered the second card (from a different seller --- Locoisle, the first one was from Sunwood-UK) and again verified it --- it is just as good as the first one. So, I have now ordered the third card and I have no doubts that it will be just as good as the first two when it arrives (if not, I will update my review).

I am using these cards to replicate my entire desktop working environment and together with a fast USB 3.0 adapter (I recommend the Transcend one sold on Amazon for £6) this makes my computer "portable" to anywhere --- i.e. I can boot my system (fine-tuned and customized over many years) anywhere where there is a Intel EM64T-capable processor and a USB port. Why three cards? Well, two of them are going to be identical mirror images of each other and the third one... well, I'll think of some use for it :)
on 2 July 2014
I felt compelled to write my first Amazon review last week for a 128gb Komputerbay SD card which turned out to be absolute junk.

As the returns process with Amazon had proved to be so straightforwad, I thought I'd chance my arm on a cheap card one just more time, with this Qumox.

And after testing with h2testw, I am happy to confirm that this card is exactly what it says it is. Full capacity available, pretty fast read and write speeds (matching the claimed speeds over USB 3.0), and working great so far.

I'm still not sure I would want to chance storing precious data on a card from an unknown brand, so I'll stick to Sandisk for my DSLR footage, but as this card will only be used for storing media which I have copies of elsewhere, then I'm very happy to get on with the job of filling it.

I'll probably order a second one shortly!

Impressive stuff.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 April 2014
Time will tell but have been using this for pics and video on my Nikon d5300 and it's working great. Speeds on my mac sd slot using Blackmagic Speed Test are; write at between 50 and 60MB/s, and read at over 80MB/s. By far the fastest SD card I've ever used. Great value.
on 27 August 2014
Works very well, I have had it plugged into my chrome book as it only has a 16gb SSD so I have installed my steam games onto this. They run well with no lag at all. The card works well and I have put more than 60gb of games on it and it is working well!
on 21 July 2014
I had to edit my review as the card became unusable after very, very little use. Now down to one star.

It started by not always appearing when inserted. I reformatted and started again. Then it started having data errors, and now cannot be formatted or used at all.

I've had no such problems with continual use (one has been heavily in use for 9 months, another for over 12 months) with the Lexar.

---- Previous comment -----

Previously I have been using Lexar Professional 128Gb SDXC cards very happily for film production work.

This was so cheap I thought I'd give it a go.

Although it is the same rating as the Lexar I noticed considerable speed differences. The reading seemed fast enough to process HD video real time, but the write speed much slower than the Lexar.

Overall the cards works fine in Macbook Pro Retinas with the SDXC slot, and in the Lexar USB 3 reader we use for machines which do not have the slot, and unless you are transferring 70Gb files regularly (as we are) then this is an absolute bargain of a card.
on 20 December 2014
Used in a camera, in its spec it does take these cards and up to 128, takes photos, plays back fine on the camera,
will not upload to any computer it just asks to FORMAT all the time, got a variety of pc's and from xp to windows 8,
just wants to format, put the card back in the camera everything is there, used other memory cards all work fine.

Money wasted - all media taken trapped for eternity - never again.
on 19 September 2015
Just wanted to praise the company for its excellent after sales service.
I bought my SD card over 6 months ago and when I put it in my PC drive, the card was not recognised. I assumed it was because I need a better card reader so just put it in a draw and forgot about it for a while. A couple of weeks ago I bought a USB Card reader which stated it would read my 128GB card but still did not recognise the card.

I the emailed the company to explain and after a few emails with further detail, they agreed to send out a replacement card. I needed to post it to a uk PO box address and when they received it they confirmed they had sent out replacement.

The replacement worked perfectly do I recommend this product and the company for its outstanding after sales service.

Regards Phillip Carr.
on 11 October 2014
I bought this for my Panasonic Lumix GH4 and I sent the first card back as it kept failing and when I tried copying and writing files to and from a laptop I was getting write speeds of 1MB/s to 10MB/s a second, no where near the 60 MB/s. I sent it back and I was refunded with no problems. I thought I should give it one more try (sometimes you are unlucky and get the bad one in the bunch) and I'm glad I did. I've tested in GH4 at 1080p at 200mbps all-intra, C4K at 100mbps and 1080p 100mbps at 96fps all were fine. Used a USB 3.0 card reader and achieved 58 MB/s a second write speed of a 2GB file and then copied that file back to the computer and achieved a read speed of 85MB/s. 128GB for such a great price.
Will update the review after a few months use.
on 17 July 2014
So far - so good. Of course, I will need to use this card some time to be sure I can trust it, but the first day I formatted it twice and tested in in both writing and reading with over 90 gigs of data. Speeds on a MacBook Pro are just as advertised, and even a bit higher - I made it to 85MB/s for reading and 65MB/s sequential writing. Formatted it once on a PC with NTFS and once on a Mac. Really, really fast and trouble-free, with very little heating even when loading with huge amounts of data at maximum speed for a long time. Of course, it will have to prove itself by letting me get that data back when I need it, in let's say, months or years. But for now I am just impressed.