5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT SCORE!
GREAT COMPOSERS PROVIDE AN ENERGETIC MIX OF EMOTION AND ACTION. The best score yet, with electors dibstep style theme to the heart of Gwen and Peter this score is soooooo good.
Published 8 months ago by tdkr444

3.0 out of 5 stars I am rating the soundtrack alone and not the movie
I really liked the music in the movie. But it seems very little of that has been released in the CD.
3 or 4 of the tracks are tracks done by artists which I am not interested in and there is just a small selection of music from the movie.
However this small selection is good.
Published 8 months ago by antony492

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT SCORE!, 20 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars ZImmer proves he's stil got it., 21 April 2014
Hans ZImmer gets help with modernising his sound but still proves why he's such a big name in musical scoring. Fantastic stuff. Electro's theme is a particular favourite.

3.0 out of 5 stars I am rating the soundtrack alone and not the movie, 21 April 2014
This review is from: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (MP3 Download)
However this small selection is good.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Original Soundtrack, 4 Nov 2014
The soundtrack for "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is one that I enjoyed listening to. However, it's not particularly a memorable score and I don't see myself returning to it very often.

I should admit right now that I am a huge Hans Zimmer fan. I think his scores for the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies as well as his work on The Dark Knight trilogy is some of the best work in modern film. At this point in his career, I love that Zimmer is still experimenting and doing some unique work. But the thing about experimentation is that sometimes it works out great; other times not so much. "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is a nice soundtrack with quality moments, but it doesn't come anywhere near the greatness of scores like Gladiator, The Last Samurai, or The Dark Knight.

My first impression of the soundtrack is that there are some tracks I like very much, but overall the soundtrack seemed more bland and repetitive than I would have liked. It should be noted that I am simply discussing the isolated listening experience of hearing the soundtrack (music often functions better when placed in the context of the movie). Zimmer's frequent use of electronics is always fascinating to me, but sometimes I wish he would compose something more old-fashioned every now and then.

The most important piece is the main theme for Spider-Man. In the first "Amazing Spider-Man" film, composer James Horner had a grand theme that I liked very much. It was subtle for most of the film, but continued to build (and can be heard in its full glory near the end of the movie and on the final track titled "Promises" on the soundtrack). That previous theme is not reused or referenced at all in the second film's album (which is a shame, but not surprising given the change in composers). Instead, Zimmer goes for something bold - it works for me, but I've heard others who think it sounds like an intro to a news broadcast.

There are also three villains, each of whom gets their own musical theme. The primary theme is that of Electro, which is an odd theme that I personally do not care for - but it's hard to deny the electronics in the piece makes the music sound very "electric" in nature (which I suppose is character-appropriate).

You may notice that Zimmer really worked with a lot of different people on this album; most notably, he brought in Pharrell Williams to contribute (apparently the two have been friends for a long time). Also on the album is guitarist Johnny Marr (who collaborated with Zimmer previously on "Inception").

FAVORITE TRACKS:
[2] There He Is
[3] I'm Spider-Man
[10] Sum Total
[14] You're That Spider Guy

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 19 April 2014
Utterly brilliant soundtrack. I've just seen the film and this is the first thing i have done since getting home. (except having dinner) (and a poo) (then going to the shops)

4.0 out of 5 stars Hans Zimmer does it again., 21 Jun 2014
D. Fenwick "yowzer." (england) - See all my reviews
While the movie itself isn't the best Marvel movie in recent years its soundtrack is excellent. Heroic, sad and melodic and in places quite crazy. It has everything a super hero movie soundtrack should have.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 28 July 2014
I like it a lot as I went to see it at the cinema with a friend

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Oct 2014
This was for my Grandson and he loved it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lacklustre score., 23 May 2014
Utterly forgettable! The music doesn't flow at all and quite frankly it's boring. Not one of Hans Zimmer's best I must admit..

1.0 out of 5 stars missing songs from the soundtrack, 17 April 2014
Got home from the cinema after seeing the film and wanted the soundtrack - spent a couple of listens trying to find a song (when Peter is listening to music on his headphones) and couldn't find it... turns out its not on the album and I cant get a refund... not impressed!

Incase you are also wondering where the song is - it is Phillip Phillips - Gone, Gone, Gone.